Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Christmas Craft...Yeah, Right!

Twelve Weeks of Christmas


I don't know why I am participating this week.
I will spell it out for you:
I. Am. Not. Crafty.

I can't sew, and certainly can't knit.
I DO use a glue gun, and a stapler, though.
I am just recently trying to Modge Podge...and it isn't going so well-
My philosophy about crafting is this: Buy it from someone who can craft.

But every once in a while, I am inspired from reading all the crafty blogs out here.
So this was the craft I did last year after seeing it on a blog, and am {proudly?} showing it to you today.
Feel free to improve on it, and make it lovely.
I know you can!
Actually-I need to finish it, I think.
It doesn't photograph "finished"...but here it is in all its silly glory:

A framed Christmas "Scrapbooked" picture...
It was an old frame, that I had in a box. I saw someone else use this idea to frame seasonal things using their scrapbook paper and supplies.
A glue stick and cutting project??
I am on that!
{But seriously, feel free to improve on it-}

post signature
(...Who is trying very hard to be crafty...as long as it is quick, and easy...)

14 comments:

duchess said...

Good for you - trying something you're not very comfortable doing.
It looks great.

Jayne said...

You may not do crafts, but lots of us probably can't imagine the busy life you lead rearing three little boys!! You have my admiration and prayers for a fabulous Christmas!
You project is pretty, by the way.

Blessings,
Jayne at mysongwithin

Julie said...

I think it is great. I am in awe of people's crafty skills out in the blog world.. it is fun to get an idea and make it our own and just have fun with it. Good for you :)

Lindsay-ann said...

Your picture turned out great. Blogland is such a great plave to pick up ideas for crafts.
Lindsay
x

Unknown said...

I think your craft looks very festive! Great job!

Keelie said...

Great job! You said you couldn't do my project, but if you did this, then you can do that!!! Same concept, different materials...

I am 99% sure you aren't giving yourself enough crafting credit:)

I look forward to seeing your craft No. 2 in a few weeks...

Sandy said...

I agree with all of the others. I think this is a great, festive, accent craft!!!
I might have told you before, but just wanted to be sure I told you,
you have put a lot of creativity into your blog!

Jenny said...

Cute craft. Cute blog! Impressive you have time to do anything. I think you might be too hard on yourself!

laterg8r said...

great idea - and now you've got to come up with something else in a few weeks LOL! i never used to think of myself as crafty either but i just go for it and sometimes it turns out and sometimes it gets hidden in a closet! :D

Carrie said...

It's so cute! And free? Creativity is just an art of concealing your source!!! It looks good!

April but some call me Prilyy said...

you made it, therefor you are a crafter :)

Anonymous said...

I really like it. I have never used modge podge. I would like to just for the name alone! How great is that? Modge Podge? LOVE it!

Maureen said...

You could change the artwork in the frame with each season (maybe store them in an envelope in the back).

Great idea!

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

I'm in love with modge podge, this is right up my ally, what a great gift/craft idea.