Friday, October 23, 2009

Stranded On A Desert Island...I Think I Would Still Need This:


Do you ever think of what you would {STILL} need on a desert island?

I was getting my hair done recently, when we got on the topic of beauty products.
We {My friend Kim, our hairdresser-Melanie-, and I} were discussing what beauty products we simply could not live without.
Even on a desert island.
Kim said it was her chap stick.

Even on a desert island, she would need a some.

Melanie and I must think alike.
I positively will not make it without my mascara.

(I rarely leave the house without it-)

I may not make time to do my hair (I'll wear a hat-)
or even make sure to cover up unwanted blemishes.

But most likely, I will put on lip gloss and my beloved mascara.

I don't have a favorite brand-

But I do have a favorite quality.

Which is silly-but I am glad to know at least Melanie agrees with me.

My mascara needs to be chunky and clunky.

It needs to go on thick, and clumpy.

If I can make my eyes look like her:

(Tammy Faye Baker-My mascara icon...)
-then, I have met my personal mascara goal.


Even on a desert island, I would have some mascara tucked away in my swimsuit somewhere...
O.K! Now, I am ready to go...


What beauty product can you simply NOT live without???


post signature


(...Who is glad she was born in the century of mascara!)

23 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Foundation~
It's on every day!

sandy toe

trish said...

my perfume - I wear it everyday - no matter where I am going or what I am doing

and if I could choose 2 ... definitely toothpaste and toothbrush ... ok ... that is 3

Kelli said...

bag balm. I use it daily on my lips.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Lipstick...different shades for the seasons, but definitely lipstick. Perks my face up. Now if you let me bring 2 things (you'd let me bring 2, right?), it would be eye liner. Those are the only 2 things I have in my purse right now...that and a boat load of crap like coupons, gum wrappers, napkins from Tim Horton's coffee shop, receipts...can you relate? I am super organized, that's why really need to clean my purse out once a week. Wow, way off topic now!
Have a great weekend,
~Karen~

LuLu said...

Lip Products!! lipstick, lipgloss, burts bee chapstick, lipliner.... you and mascara is me and my lips! I keep 5 lip products in my purse just for emergency's!!!
xo,
LuLu

Annette said...

EYELINER, i might not wear any other make up but I WILL have on eye liner. Usually I start with the eye liner but will think now I need mascara which leads into the eye shadow and then blush and lipstick! But if I had no time and had to choose only one item its definately eyeliner :)

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Eyebrow pencil. The older I get the fainter my eyebrows become. Unless you can paint one on there is really no definition to your face. I don't leave my bedroom without eyebrow pencil on!

Michelle said...

I won't go out of the house without my eyelashes curled & my lip gloss on.

Anonymous said...

Chapstick. I wear it everyday under lipstick. So number one Chapstick (preferably peppermint) and the Clinique's Spiced Apple lipstick.

Delchick42 said...

lipstick and mascara definately! Lol got have both. I love your blog its so creative and unique! Thanks for sharing. I am now a follower.

April said...

Hmmm...you pose a very good question. Let's see, if I were stranded on a desert island, I think I'd have to go with my Eucerin 30 SPF sunscreen. Gotta protect the skin, you know, in that blazing sun!

Keelie said...

Sadly, I would just be happy that would never need another cosmetic again. I guess deodorant would be nice...I'm not attached to anything though.

You should try Loreal Voluminous mascara. It sounds like what you describe as the perfect mascara.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

You crack me up, but I must admit that I do love me some good mascara! For me, I must have my Chi flat iron! I simply cannot live without it!!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Unknown said...

You know what is terrible? About a year ago (maybe even longer) my allergies got so bad that I couldn't wear mascara or eyeshadow. I was rubbing my eyes all day long. And guess what, I never started wearing it again. I know it is disgusting to be completely naked faced, but I am. OH MY! I really must start again soon.

So, if I was going to the desert island this second I wouldn't have anything to take, but I promise I will get a beauty product this week so I can stop being a disgrace to womanhood soon! : )

Jen said...

I am like Kim, I NEED my chapstick! I always have my Burtbees in my pocket! I feel lost if I forget it!

Mrs. S. said...

I got the book in the mail! I can't wait to start reading it! Thank you so much!!!!!

I think I would have a hard time living without foundation. I have to have it...or eye liner...oh, tricky...haha!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

OK-- 2 things: My Chi will be battery operated, because I like to dream like that! I never said I was being practical... just factual. You DO NOT want to see my hair unless my Chi has touched it. But, then again, I would be on a deserted island...

Secondly, your comment last night was so sweet! I have learned to just obey and God has been so faithful. This year, of course, has not been without hiccups, but I expected it to be so much worse! It has been a blessing... who knew?! Oh, wait! The Big Man did! ;0)

Anyway, I am so glad that post spoke to you! I just had to share a praise!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Lindsay-ann said...

Foundation and lipstick for me every day before leaving the house! Unfortunately my eyes don't like mascara! In the past I have eye problems after using it. My daughter actually has more makeup than me.
Lindsay
x

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I think I am with you RRS. I am all about the mascara. Sometimes in the morning if I run out w/o shower I make sure that I have on mascara. I kinda look old and dead without it!!!

Annette said...

hey, i have something for you over at my blog, check it out!

Shannon said...

Definitely my chap stick! I really think they put something addictive in them!! :)

Mommy Mac said...

Sister.

You just answered one of the questions you will have to answer when YOU are featured on my blog when YOU win one of my k.Mac giveaways...

I LOVE mascara. I am just like you!

Allow me to share with you my mascara ritual:

I apply 3 different mascaras everyday.

I DO NOT EVER go without my las curler.

1. Orange tube Lashblast by Maybeline. THE BEST. Waterproof.
2. Allow to set.
3. Apply old tube of dried up one. It serves as my molding and shaping brush.
4. Let set.
5. Apply a glossy mascara. Like really liquidy. Mine happens to be a clinique one I got in a free trial. Any liquidy kind will do.
6. Let set.
7. THEN, curl the lashes. 20 seconds each side...pulsating.
8. Sculpt with dried up wand from step 3.
9. Curl one more time.

All of this takes about 3 minutes...and is worth EVERY minute!

Tammy Faye....to dream a dream!!

.mac :)

p.s. Tell me you own a curler. Tell me you do.

Dawn said...

hahaha!
i am not worried about the deserted island. i am worried about what i am going to do with my hair when we go to africa. no electrical outlets for hair dryers. or curling irons. or hot rollers. not for curl... just to give this fine, limp hair some bounce. i was feeling very vain. thanks for helping me to feel normal :)