Thursday, October 8, 2009

In Thanks~Another Give Away!


It's not really a "Blogiversary", but a "Thank YOU". If you get to the end of this post, I do promise a Give-Away...
First, I have a thank you to share.
Michelle, over at Somerset Cottage, sent me a ton of wonderful things last weekend:


Thank You, Michelle!

It was like my birthday, and Christmas all rolled up into one great gift. Anyone that knows me well knows how I like the little things-and this box was so wonderful to open:

The funny thing is~the big box that made MY weekend~ came on my husband's birthday, so as we opened it up, he was thinking it was a birthday gift for him...It sure wasn't, but I did had plenty to share!
I actually had plenty to share with everyone in our home... (and, even~YOU if you keep reading...):
Nature Boy, and Tin Man ate the Reece Pieces, Dancing Boy ate the Skittles, and I opened the coffee, and drank a cup to deal with this horribly cold weather we are living with here in Michigan. What a way to warm up! And~My sister has been staying with us while her husband is out of town, and we polished off the popcorn while watching a movie last night!
While the boys all watched the Detroit Lions lose...again on Sunday, I read the ENTIRE book Michelle sent, Summer Affair. Oh. My. It was intense, and so good. This author has a way with words. She gets to the emotions, and feelings of all the characters, and pens life with kids with such understanding. I loved this book! (Thank you, again, Michelle!)
So-MY Give-Away?



This book. Summer Affair. By Elin Hilderbrand. From Michelle, to me. From me, to you...
I got it, read it, and can't keep it to myself. I would rather share!
Leave a comment (telling me why you would like me to send YOU this book) on this post by Friday, noon-EST. I will pick a winner from the comments.
Happy Reading!

post signature

(...Who can never keep a good thing to herself!)

20 comments:

April said...

Wow, girl...you sure racked in the goods! Yay for you! You are so sweet to have another giveaway! Now, why do I need that book? Well, you see, I do love to curl up under a nice cozy blanket and lose myself within the pages of a good book. The problem is...I have nothing good to read right now! You get the picture? I'm desperate for some reading material! :)

Mrs. S. said...

Goodness! You ended up with quite the goods! I love finding books that make me want to just keep reading. I would love to try out the book and get lost for a few hours in it!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a fun package!

That books sounds good!
sandy toe

Kelli said...

What a nice package, so many goodies. How sweet of you to share. I think you should pick me because you have such great taste in books and my nightstand is empty right now.

Leah said...

So sweet of you to share your gifts with others. I think you should pick me because I would love to read something other than parenting books and childrens books. lol

Unknown said...

Aren't you the lucky girl? The book sounds awesome--and since I'm on my last novel right now, I need a good read. Thanks!

Jen said...

What a great gift!!! SO fun! I think you should send the book to me because even though I am a teacher I find it hard to read as an adult and I usually have to find a great book that will grab my attention! Then I won't put it down, so if this book is that good then YES, send it to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

larkswing said...

How fun was that for you guys!?!

I should win the book, well, because why not? hehe Oh I know, the book wants me to read it - that very one. Just kiddin . . .

Smiles!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Love getting stuff in the mail, but that is the best one, ever!!
I read that book in a matter of hours--loved it!!

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

Looks like someone got spoiled...

Why the book? Well, you can never pass up a good book, now can ya?

Annikke said...

I love to read. Period. THAT's why I would love to win this book.

What an awesome package! I love getting packages! Those are so much fun!! One day, recently, our family received THREE packages on one day... it was sooooo cool! The kids were as giddy as I was (or maybe I should say I was as giddy as they were!)

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What a great package! That book sounds like it is a must read. I have been going through my book list so quickly and I am always looking for more to add to it!

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from Jen's to say hi!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

You made out like a bandit! And it was so sweet of you to share with everyone!

Kathy said...

I think I should have the book! You see, Michelle is my niece, so she should have passed that book along to me before giving it away! I like to think Michelle gets her love of reading from me, but really a good portion of it comes from her sweet mama, Sue. Sue & I used to share books before I moved away from "home" and now am in a town all by myself, no family except my little son! Come on, I NEED that book!
Very nice of you to share the book, and I know how much Michelle enjoyed giving the gifts. She's a great girl, and so are you!!

Michelle said...

Ruby,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your goodies! I have another great book to share with you, if you want it, then you can pass it on to someone else. I think it would be fun to do a blogger's book exchange, what do you think?

Annette said...

So nice of you to share!!! Well I need a book to enjoy because I have been so busy with everything else.. I care for 4 small children 10 hours a day who are not mine, in the evenings and weekends Im caring for my own for (three are teenagers!) I am in school full time in the evenings and I so need to do something for myself- a weekend to do nothing but read a nice juicy book would do me wonders!

Diana Ferguson said...

I may have missed this deadline but just in case.........I need that book because well because I need a new one to read.

That's pathetic sounding, isn't it?

Nishant said...

I love finding books that make me want to just keep reading. I would love to try out the book and get lost for a few hours in it!

Work From Home

Annette said...

Hey was there a winner yet?? :)