
Well~ I Blew It this past week.
(I just thought you should know.)
(Amplified Bible)
"16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
17For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him."
"16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
17For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him."
~John 3:16-17
"What does "Condemned" mean again, Mama?"

That was the question my six year old asked me as he hopped in the car last week after his Bible Study class.
We headed to McDonald's for his late dinner- plain cheeseburger, and chocolate shake. (By the way, this is NOT were I blew it-he is my skinny boy, who needs all the calories he can get in...)
(French)
"16Car Dieu a tant aimé le monde qu'il a donné son Fils unique, afin que quiconque croit en lui ne périsse point, mais qu'il ait la vie éternelle.
17Dieu, en effet, n'a pas envoyé son Fils dans le monde pour qu'il juge le monde, mais pour que le monde soit sauvé par lui."
17Dieu, en effet, n'a pas envoyé son Fils dans le monde pour qu'il juge le monde, mais pour que le monde soit sauvé par lui."
~Jean 3:16-17
I knew what he was referring to-John 3: 16, and 17..That was in our study of the book of John, and that was what his homework was about. So I explained, "Condemned means when someone who doesn't believe in God and the gift of his Son, Jesus, they are condemned to a life without the happiness and peace that God gives."
(Spanish)
"De tal manera amó Dios al mundo 16 Porque de tal manera amó Dios al mundo, que ha dado a su Hijo unigénito, para que todo aquel que en él cree, no se pierda, mas tenga vida eterna.
17 Porque no envió Dios a su Hijo al mundo para condenar al mundo, sino para que el mundo sea salvo por él."
"De tal manera amó Dios al mundo 16 Porque de tal manera amó Dios al mundo, que ha dado a su Hijo unigénito, para que todo aquel que en él cree, no se pierda, mas tenga vida eterna.
17 Porque no envió Dios a su Hijo al mundo para condenar al mundo, sino para que el mundo sea salvo por él."
~Juan 3:16-17
As we pulled up to the window at McDonald's to pay and the lady opens the window, I hear my sweet son say,
"Well, tell her, mom! You need to TELL HER."
(Arabic Life Application Bible)
"16 لأَنَّهُ هكَذَا أَحَبَّ اللهُ الْعَالَمَ حَتَّى بَذَلَ ابْنَهُ الْوَحِيدَ، لِكَيْ لاَ يَهْلِكَ كُلُّ مَنْ يُؤْمِنُ بِهِ، بَلْ تَكُونُ لَهُ الْحَيَاةُ الأَبَدِيَّةُ.
17 فَإِنَّ اللهَ لَمْ يُرْسِلِ ابْنَهُ إِلَى الْعَالَمِ لِيَدِينَ الْعَالَمَ، بَلْ لِيَخْلُصَ الْعَالَمُ بِهِ،"
"16 لأَنَّهُ هكَذَا أَحَبَّ اللهُ الْعَالَمَ حَتَّى بَذَلَ ابْنَهُ الْوَحِيدَ، لِكَيْ لاَ يَهْلِكَ كُلُّ مَنْ يُؤْمِنُ بِهِ، بَلْ تَكُونُ لَهُ الْحَيَاةُ الأَبَدِيَّةُ.
17 فَإِنَّ اللهَ لَمْ يُرْسِلِ ابْنَهُ إِلَى الْعَالَمِ لِيَدِينَ الْعَالَمَ، بَلْ لِيَخْلُصَ الْعَالَمُ بِهِ،"
I blanked.
I handed my money, as a three point sermon is running through my brain, and all the scriptures of the Roman Road-BUT- I said nothing except "Thank You-"
and collected my son's meal...
I said nothing to her.
I completely blanked-
And that's how I blew it.
My son learned John 3:16, and 17-and he had such conviction, and such childlike faith-
and I (who KNOWS and is so grateful for my faith in Jesus) blanked.
(New Living Translation)
"16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him."
~John 3:16-17
"16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him."
~John 3:16-17
As we pulled from the window-I stopped the car, and handed my son his meal.
I looked at him, and said,
"Honey, I blew that, didn't I? I didn't know what to say to her. What could I say next time? Because I want to try that again next week. Dancing Boy-what do you think I should say?"
(The Message)
"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.
"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.
~John 3:16-18
He didn't even skip a beat.
He hardly even blinked, and reminded me,
"Mommy, all you have to say is, 'Remember that God loves you'."
(New International Version)
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
~John 3:16-17
What is something you have learned from observing your children's Childlike Faith in God?
What does John 3:16, and 17 mean to you?
{And like Dancing Boy said, Remember, God LOVES you so much!}

{Hope to see you next Tuesday for Bible study! Homework: John 4: 1-30}



12 comments:
What a smart child you have there. So you blew it this time? You got it next time! ;) This verse is my comfort. Always.
I love it! I love that he sees it so clearly. I love that God used him to teach you a lesson. Amazing!
Isn't it amazing the lessons we can learn from our children if we'll just open our ears and our eyes? The faith of a child always inspires me. Your son is on the right track. That just proves what an excellent job of parenting you and Tin Man are doing.
Oh man - that is tough! To be honest, I would have done the same thing. But what a wonderful little boy you have who loves Jesus and isn't afraid to share or to remind you to share!!
My oldest son is 8. One night I was being sarcastic with my husband over the tone of his prayer (he was being sarcastic about the dinner prayer because we were having leftovers and he said the meal had been blessed the first time we ate it!) After I got done scolding my husband, my son said - "mom, there's no wrong way to pray. God hears them all."
I do just love the child-like faith!
WOW. It's not easy, is it? A young friend of ours believes in gods and goddesses, we still don't know how to reach her... Mandy felt compelled to mail her one of her devotional books and I was scared- but so PROUD! We decided after we mailed it that she may not read it today, but hopefully someday.:)
Be so proud of your little men, Sweetie! They are the future!:) Lori
How sweet~
sandy toe
You must be so proud of him. What an amazing little boy.
Lindsay
x
WOW! I am telling you--our children are awesome they never let us forget and they are so wise.
Yeah, way to go Dancing Boy. I will make sure to remember that next time I blank out.
RRS,
Love this message and story. Cash got in the car after Sunday School singing and telling be how "BIG" God is--man is HE!!
BTW, when you modge podge your bucket-modge podge the bucket and paper, then let dry before mping the outside of the bucket. Also, the second time around I made a template so now I can whip up a bucket anytime I want. Thinking it would make cute teacher gifts with stuff in it for Christmas!!
Man, blowing it is easy to do.
That's why I do hope actions speak louder than words.
But words really matter.
It's what people need to hear sometimes that shifts their point of view.
Kinda like a prayer I had prayed for me last night when I was at my wits end through an email from a great friend whom I have never met.
And it totally made my mood lighten and my trust strengthen that it all will be okay. TRUST.
You might have blown it at McDonald's. but you didn't last night.
.mac :)
God works.
This is so sweet and stirs so much in me. First and foremost, I admire that you admitted to your son that you "blew it" and he felt comfortable enough with you and his own faith to guide you to an immediate answer. There is so much about the world that works against both of those things that I see that as a special gift in itself.
I learned that scripture in Kindergarten and my Nanny used to ask me to recite it to her all the time. The link of it's meaning and her pleasure in it are intrinsically linked forever for me. It is part of my history.
I take so much delight in my children's faith. I worked in both of their classrooms last week and they say prayers at the beginning and end of each day. It is so powerful for me to see them with their classmates and friends professing their love for God. Such good stuff!
Oh! This is so beautiful...
I often wish I could share my faith as freely as my children share theirs. I guess they don't understand the societies expectations yet. This is a great post.
Post a Comment