Needed Supplies:
Box of Ink Pens (Red ones for teachers-)
Scissors
Stem Wrap
Bag of marbles
Flower Pot
Ribbon
Fake Flowers (Pretty ones...)
What are you making?
Well, Let me tell you-This was the hit at Mother's Day!
They are Flower Ink Pens!
I can't take the credit for the idea, but I saw them when I was substitute teaching one day.
This would make a great teacher / end of the year gift.
And-
It made a great Mother's Day gift!
My mom is always in need of pens to write with, and I thought this would look pretty on her kitchen counter:
I was on a roll, and made one bucket for my sister, and one of my friend too:
Here is how to make a Bucket of Flowers:
1. Fill the flower pot half way with pretty marbles, or rocks.
(This will anchor the flower pens as they are in the pot-)
2. Tie a cute ribbon around the flower pot...
(-or as some pots I've seen-make a chalk board square on the pot with chalkboard paint, and write something on the pot-)
3. Clip the flower so there is not a long stem, but a stem that is one inch or so-
4. Hold the stem of the flower at the top of the pen, and start wrapping the Stem Tape around and around, and around the stem, and the pen so they are taped together, and the pen now looks like the stem of the flower.
5. Wrap so many pens to fill a bucket. Maybe a dozen. -Until your fingers hurt, and you think to yourself, maybe three dozen pens was really too big of a project, but I must finish what I started. Or something like that....

(...Who would like Someone-!- to make me a bucket of flower pens because my hands are really sore since I made 36 of these crazy things!)



16 comments:
Oh you are funny! I'm sorry your fingers are hurting :) I was just recently working on something that had the same effect... and I didn't get much sympathy at my house! Your buckets are great! I have seen this kind of thing before, but the bunch of them in the bucket are so pretty! And marbles! That is so much better than rice...
Ive seen these before but never thought of putting them ina pretty bucket with ribbon!! great idea!!!Maybe Ill make some for my hostesses when I do Scentsy parties! awesome idea!!!
I LOVE this idea. They are so pretty. Thanks for sharing it. I am going to pass it on to my MIL as she always looking for crafty things to make for her church fundraisers.
Lindsay
x
I'm telling you LOUD AND CLEAR...you need your own crafting show or you need to write a book! You share some of the best ideas EVER! Trust me, Martha Stewart has nothing on you!:)
These are so cute! You are a genius! A genius for being at the school subbing that day : )
These are absolutely adorable! I also think this would make a great gift to take to the teachers on the first day of school! Our school does a "meet and greet" kinda thing a few days before school starts so I usually have the kids take a little gift (call it suck up or just trying to get the year started off right!), this might be it next time! How cute!
You crack me up! I do the same thing...get on a roll and make the hound out of one certain something!
They are uber pretty!
.mac :)
What a fun idea!
So very cute! You're right mom's always need pens....And I bet my boys wouldn't run off with one of these! I'd just have to make Anna her own set.
DARLING!!! Perfect teacher gift. Thanks so much for the idea and the tutorial. Heaven knows I can use the details :)
p.s. I love the new header. Such sweet spring photos with your adorable boys
Cute idea!!!!
And your new header is adorable! Have a wonderful weekend!
XOXO
Jen
Those are beautiful!! Great idea!!
Mrs. NB
Super cue idea!!
Those turned out WOW!
Love 'em and wish someone had made them for me too! Maybe I'll leave some hints for a certain 4-year old next Mother's Day :)
They look so pretty all together!
I think I will make a bucket for Teacher Appreciation/End of School week.
Post a Comment