(John 20: 1-31)
As you know, if you read this blog, that I have three little boys.
Three very different, unique little boys.
One
is all about how things work. He is a quiet leader, a hard worker.
He LOVES sports. He would watch ESPN day and night if allowed.
He loves everything about the outside: animals, gardening, exploring.
Two
is loving, caring, and my sweet, sweet thing.
is carefree, happy-go-lucky, creative.
He is called the "Absent-minded Professor" here at home.
Such deep thoughts! Such profound, wise words!
...But does he have his undies on?
Maybe, maybe not-
And Three.
The one trying to keep up with everything, and everyone.
He is happy to play alone,
or with a group.
He is growing, and changing on a daily basis.
Right now, it is all about cars and trucks-
And he LIVES in his car-racing costume.
What I found so fascinating about John chapter 20 is this:
Through the lives of three people in this chapter,
we see how God meets us where we are.
We are all unique, and different, and God even addresses our differences in Chapter 20 of John.
Three different people looking for the risen Lord.
John:
John 20:8
(New International Version)
"8Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed."
He didn't even need to see Jesus.
John and Peter ran to the tomb.
He looked in the empty tomb, studied the cloths laying there-and simply believed.
To believe without seeing-that is amazing to me.
Mary Magdalene:
John 20:15-16
(New International Version)
15"Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?"
Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."
16Jesus said to her, "Mary."
She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher)."
With one word, He calms her fears.
All he had to say was her name-and
By saying her name, she knows her savior has arisen.
Thomas:
John 20:27
(New International Version)
27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
The skeptic.
Unless he sticks his hands, into Jesus' side, and in the nail holed hands-
don't count him in.
He is holding out for Major proof-
I love that He, the Lord, is willing to meet me where I am.
Sometimes, I am John-
My faith is so deep, so great!
Sometimes, I am like Mary Magdalene-
I have such fear, I am so confused-and yet-He calms my nerves when I read his words.
And sometimes, I am even Thomas.
A skeptic. Come on! How can God work out this, or that out? It can't be possible! I just know it-and then He lets me know -in little ways or big ways-that He is watching over me, and my family.
How has God met YOU where you are?
Who do you identify with in this chapter?

{Homework: Last chapter of John!!! John 21- See you next week!}
Missed last week's Bible study?
-I did post really late!-
Go HERE to read PROOF




5 comments:
This is such a blessing. So wonderful to know. Wherever I am in my life, whatever stage, Jesus will meet me. Meet me and help me and love me and accept me just as I am.
I am so thankful.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I needed this today! Sadly I am a Thomas right now. Thanks so much for your words and especially those verses!!
THANKS!!!!!!
God knows I am a searcher.
A seeker of details.
He stinks Himself right smack dab in the middle of those details each and every time.
I love tha Big Guy!
.mac :)
p.s. You look really good in pink!
Wonderful post... and wonderful pictures and descriptions of your cute boys!
beautiful words ~ beautiful boys :)
Post a Comment