Monday, May 10, 2010

He Knows Me So Well...


He knows me so well-
He knows what really matters to me-
He knows that although my daily wardrobe is more likely to be track suit and sneakers,
adore the glitz, the glamor, the sparkle of high heels.
He knows that when I watch a movie, I comment on the female shoes throughout the film-
...And so-
 He bought these for me for Mother's Day:


You may be thinking, 'Shoes for Mother's Day?!'

Oh yes. Shoes.

 He knows I am getting ready for a trip with girlfriends.
He knows my girls and I are getting ready for a  "Sex in the City" weekend.
Clarification: Not me having sex in the city but this:


Now you know why he knows me so well.

He knows the movie is about The Girls going to Dubai.
{Dubai!  Yes! HE knows this! And found the craziest, gaudiest, blingy shoes for my trip}

Yes. 
 He cooked, did the dishes, found the most awesomely perfect card, and roses all for Mother's Day.

Yes.
 He took pictures of my sweet son who woke early to make me the Sweetest Mother's Day card ever while I slept in:


He even made the boys take pictures with me.

{It was a protest regardless of the smiles you see-}

He even made sure I had time in the weekend to go get a plethora of books at the library:

{Can't Blog! Reading!}

But shoes are always the way to my heart.

He knows this-and I love that.

Now I just need to find the outfit to go with the perfect shoes for the
 Sex In the City Movie Weekend with the girls...good thing I have a few more weeks!

post signature(See? Even my name is based on shoes!)

15 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

I LOVED this post!!! So wonderful! Love the shoes, the weekend you are getting ready for, your sweetie making your card early in the morning, the pics of you and your sweet boys and the BOOKS! Oh my, the books! You are going to LOVE The Kite Runner, but it is going to hurt your heart, dear friend. Please follow through and finish, though your heart will be broken. The same goes the A Thousand Splendid Suns. Wonderful. I have a book that I just finished and I would love to send it to you. I thought about you while I was reading it. It just seemed like a book that you would like. I really enjoyed it- a great beach read....:) Lori

Anonymous said...

Oh! I am so excited for you! I am going with my girlfriends too! At least I think I am : ). We went to the first one and I just sort of assumed we would go to the second one together. I must call them immediately :)

Well, maybe I will abstain since it is 12:30 but first thing tomorrow, I am ALL over it : )

I can't wait to see your outfit. LOVE the mothers day picture. You are a very pretty Mama and your family is pure perfection!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I'm a huge SITC fan too. How sweet of him to think of all the details! Love the shoes!

Carey

Jan Hennings said...

Lovin' your new shoes!

duchess said...

Gotta love a man who knows what makes his woman's heart flutter.
The shoes are beautiful. Glad you had a good day.

Michelle said...

You have an amazing husband! I hope you have a fabulous trip!

April said...

That hubby of yours is PRICELESS! What a special guy to know exactly how to make your heart skip a beat! Those shoes make me drool...SERIOUSLY! You are going to WOW everyone in sight!

Lindsay-ann said...

Your shoes are wonderful. Your husband bought those for you? WOW. You are going to look perfect when you go on the trip with your girlfriends.
Loved the new picture of you and your boys on Mother's Day.
Lindsay
x

Girly Stuff said...

We share all the same weak spots...I mean passions!

Shoes, books, kids, husband, SATC!

Looks like a great weekend!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

AWESOME! I love the top you have on! I was wondering how you got the boys to smile at the same time..... Sounds like you've got everything you need for a really fun girls weekend!

Annikke said...

Those are super cute shoes... I love them! Your husband did really well!

My hubby did well too... I was sick all weekend but he took extra special care of me AND got me the perfect gift I had asked for!

Hope you have fun on your girl's night out... can't wait to see pictures of the outfit and new shoes!!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Awesome! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I'm excited about SATC, too! Love your shoes - perfect.

Dawn said...

how fun! did you see? i got shoes, too :) not as snazzy though! the tin man outdid himself sunday... all the pictures & shoes... i'm glad you are cherishing the love!

mysteryhistorymom said...

My e-mail is toosillysisters@cox.net The book is called Barefoot. Have you read it yet?? If not, send me your address and I will send it to you!!:) Lori

Jan Hennings said...

As Mom to 4 boys and 3 girls I had better get it together and get some AWESOME shoes!!