Happy Birthday, Sis!
Christmas two years ago, my husband and I took a huge leap of faith-we bought and wrapped for my sister's Christmas gift a baby quilt we had made for her. (What I mean is-We BOUGHT it, not made it ourselves-a glue gun won't work for that...)
We wrote in the note: "This will be filled with your heart's desire soon. Either you will have a baby or you will be adopting this next year. Congratulations early..." After some tears all around, we prayed that Christmas with my sister, her husband, and my parents that God would give them the child they had longed for.
God blessed them with twins-
(I posted this a few months ago, but I wanted to post it again in honor of my sister's birthday.)
The Best Mom is (STILL) not me...
...But I know who she is! Three years ago, I found out I was pregnant with our third little treasure. I was elated in the first second, then horrified in the next. How was I going to tell my sister that without even trying, I was pregnant? Here she was-struggling with infertility going on five years, and we weren't even planning another baby!!! I knew how she had stopped attending baby showers, and spent many days and nights crying-and I was adding to her pain.
Fast forward to this past January. My Sister delivered the most beautiful, healthy babies ever! Finally her arms were filled with the desire of her heart...a little boy who was the image of her husband, and a darling little girl (who she gave my middle name!).
Now my sister's babies are eight months old, and such amazing blessings! When her husband went out of town two weekends ago, we were privledged to have our three favorite house guests! My sister is the best mom in the world, and it was eight long (and emotionally draining) years in the making. I can't believe three years ago we were crying together as I told her I was pregnant...
"Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy." ~Psalm 126:5
(Still) With a Grateful Heart...

(As kids, I LOVED saying I was the older one...not so much anymore! Happy Birthday dear Sis!)




30 comments:
Talk about precious babies!!! Nothing sweeter the whole world over!!!
Struggling to have a child is very difficult to go through. I've been through it myself and will touch on it in an upcoming post. You just have to hold strong to your faith in God that your dream to become a mother will come true.
I'm so happy for your sister that she was blessed with two little bundles of joy! I'm sure you are an amazing aunt!! :)
Aw, I am so happy for your sister. She was blessed with two beautiful babies..
So wonderful..what a great post and so touching! They are truly sweet! How fun...your parents must be so full of joy with all these grandbabies!
-Sandy Toes
What beautiful babies!!!!
I love that scripture. There is such truth in it!
Have a great dday!
that is such a great story. We are the same way and our siblings have been struggling. Praise God for those two cuties...
That is such a wonderful story! I am so glad for your sister! And for those sweet babies who have such a great aunt!
Carrie
Thanks for sharing your family story. I am so sorry your sister struggled all those years. It must have been heartbreaking for you both. I am delighted to see she now has those precious beautiful twins. They are so lucky having such a wonderful Mom and Aunt in their lives.
What a great story! I don't ever ask people about when they are going to have kids just because of that.
Thanks so much for commenting on my blog - what a sweet sweet post. And such precious babies!
I am so happy for your sister and her two beautiful babies! I have a (completely irrational) fear that I will have trouble getting pregnant!
They are precious! So sweet!
What a blessing! I know she loves those little darlings. Jackie
Cute babies! I bet she is glad she persevered! Cute Aunt!
Great story and BEAUTIFUL babies!! I know the infertility struggle...and am so thankful that technology caught up for me to have a child (at age 38 and after 19 years of marriage)...we never thought it would happen. I am sure you are the best aunt ever!!
What a testimony to not only God's faithfulness, but such a sweet bond between sisters. LOVE IT!!
What beautiful gifts those babies are. My son cannot have kids...and it's so hard for him and his wife. She cries everytime another one of her friends get pregnant. It breaks my heart for her. I hope someday a miracle will happen for them. I'm glad your sister finally got hers!
What a wonderful story. I am so happy for your sister! To receive a double blessing too! Heavenly!
How much fun you must have had establishing your "Best Aunt" title! Those sweet babies will only know love in their life!! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Oh, I love a happy a ending/beginning... you know what I mean. Such beautiful, beautiful babies and a pidgeon pair to boot! Precious!
They are precious and your boys are so adoreable too! Love the picture at the top of your blog. My daughter lost a baby last year and it was hard for her to go to showers for her friends and rejoice with them for quite a while however, she is due in less than 3 weeks. God is good! Connie
A double blessing!! God's timing is so perfect! Her children are beautiful.
precious post :) what an incredible blessing! The Lord does amazing things! and those twins are beautiful
Each time that I have read this I have had tears in my eyes. What a great blessing!
That is absolutely wonderful!! I just love God's faithfulness, and what an amazing gift that quilt was, to give it before God had "come through." Those little babies are such a blessing!
Carrie
What a wonderful story of hope and faith! You have such a loving, strong family. Your sister sounds beautiful!!
what an amazing story! i love your boys' pics, and the wreaths on you cabinets!!!
Once again your lovely post reveals the close-knit-ness of your family. This speaks volumes! What a testimony! Y'all radiate love.
What a sweet post! And those little baby faces... are tehy the cutest or what??? I wanna squueze those cheeks!
Lori- I sent something to your email and I just wanted to give you a heads up since the email address will be unfamiliar to you. I didn't want you to think it was spam and delete it.
Look at your sister!! She has not changed at all...her husband looks the same too! Such cute parents they are...those cheeks on the babies..you just want to squeeze!
Happy Birthday..wishing you many more!
-sandy toes
Oh, I don't know how I missed this post, but it's so touching. What a blessing to be able to be a part of praying for your sister, then watching together as God answered the prayer. How awesome!!
P.S. I'm so glad you liked the cookies! I did some more, & I have to say it was a little easier to make the designs with a tip. I'm not sure what #tip I used, but it had a little small circle/hole (so technical I am,haha)& I just poked it thru the corner of the ziploc baggie and used it like that. It came from the frosting aisle for about $1. Hope you're having a great weekend! :)
I just found you - this is about the sweetest post that I've ever seen! What a wonderful gift for your sister.
Blessings to your beautiful family!
Audrey
Post a Comment