I have been so worried! How do you give someone a real elf???
I found soap in the shape of an elf-but Tin Man said he didn't think that would work. I asked my mom for an old elf ornament that my Grandma made-but Dancing Boy saw it and said, "That's funny looking!!"
What in the world was I going to do??? I had visions of him crying on Christmas over the missing elf!
THEN, our DEAR, SWEET cousin in the great state of Alabama called me with the answer to our Elf SITUATION...
(Thank YOU, Christie!!!)
She read about this elf situation in our Christmas letter, and called me immediately to tell me about the "Elf on the Shelf". (She has two darling little girls, and she knew how important this could be to our son. She even offered to over-night it if we couldn't find it, but I did. I am in your debt on this one Christie!! Merci!!!)
The "Elf on the Shelf" book talks about how this elf "flies to the North Pole" to tell Santa if you were naughty or nice each day, and then "flies" home to a different spot in the house with a small gift for good little boys... and it includes the ELF that YOU get to name as a family!The boys came home from school last week, and we sat down and read the book while the elf was sitting and watching:
Nature Boy had to be prepped-"Yes, Honey-I know you don't believe in Santa or elves, but just let your little brothers have fun with this." (Translation for those without children: If you want a gift too-keep it on the down-low!!!) He readily agreed-a small gift is fun for all!
The baby just wandered around eating his candy cane while we read the book. (He is content with sugar, his Clifford {Fifford}, and his blankie...)
But Dancing Boy was in heaven. His little face was one giant smile as we read the book. When I told him his elf was sitting somewhere in the room-he was so excited! His eyes darted around the room frantically until he saw his little elf!
He believes everything about his elf and what the book said-and he loved the 2008 ornament that the elf brought the boys to hang on the tree as their first gift...and he said he saw the elf blink, so he KNOWS he is real!
Without further ado, we would like you to meet Dancing Boy's Elf:

(He saw that!!...Zookie the Elf is watching if you are naughty or nice at the Lions, Tigers, and Boy's house this year!)



19 comments:
How absolutely adorable. I'm so glad you were able to find a way to fix the elf problem. I love your descriptions of the boys while you were reading the story. The elf is too cute!
Oh, Lori, that is absolutely adorable and PERFECT! It is such a beautiful thing to 'work with' a child with regards to their imagination, and enhance it! Such a wonderful find for his Christmas wish! I don't know the dear boy, but I can just picture his beautiful face as you read to him - I'm getting warm fuzzies (goosebumps)!!! just thinking about it! Gorgeous child!
Your parcel has arrived, and I am so very thankful to you for blessing me in this way. I was overwhelmed upon opening it! Thank you! You have begun my Christmas in the most wonderful of ways. My Husband, who knows little of my blogging, asked where the parcel came from. He was quite taken with what you had put together, seeing that we are "kinda like penfriends"!!! ;) Thank you again, Sweet Girl. I can't say it enough... which is why I devoted an entire post to thanking your kind and generous heart!!!
I'm off to check out more about the elves - the one your Dancing Boy received is sweet... he almost 'talks' with his eyes...
What a cute book! This makes me wonder if I ever asked for the impossible from Santa. Love the snow falling on your blog!
OMG That is such a great memory you will all have forever!!!
I cant wait for my girls to be old enough to play along, next year hopefully. Great story! Glad the boy got his elf.
Before I scrolled down and read that you had the book it was EXACTLY what i was thinking for you!
isn't it the cutest story/idea??
:) how perfect for your sweet boys!
merriest little christmas to you and yours!
I'm so glad that you found that!! I've seen that little guy around the blog world a lot this month!! He must be very popular - and JUST PERFECT for your little one!! =)
I love your little elf! I love that your dancing boy just sat there smiling while you read it, too - how sweet! :)
OH how fun! I have seen this in the blogworld and thought it was great. I just love "him"...he is so cute and what a fun idea!!!
-sandy toes
What a cute idea! I will have to start this tradition soon because I only have one left who believes.
Oh, the joy and wonder of imagination. And to think God gave this to us! What sweet sons you have. And what an adorable idea...and solution!
Does the elf unload the dishwasher? And hunt the house for matching socks?
I want an elf on my shelf!
That is fantastic! I love Zookie the Elf! Your little boy must be so thrilled!
Carrie
This is just the cutest thing! I am going to have to get this and start it for my son next year!
LOL, I'm laughing at Girly Stuff's comment.
What an adorable idea. That little elf is so cute! You have the best traditions girl.
Awww what a cute elf..I can see why he wanted one for Christmas! That is toooo cute. Merry Christmas. cherry
This is all new to me, but I love the idea! Wish my girls were younger, so I could put it to use! Boy, do I miss those days when they "believed"!
Hi Ruby Red!
Bryce's Elf, Clyde (his choice, not mine!!!) has been moving about the house each night and it is the first thing B wants to do in the morning after brushing his teeth and the last thing he talks about at night. We do talk about the true reason for the season, but this is such a fun and neat thing for the kiddos! So glad you guys found your own Elf, too! And I love the post you did above this one. So good!
Merry December wishes~ Hugs, Les
I finally got my own Elf too, I have wanted to collect elves for years and Elise blessed me with THREE during our stocking swap!
So cute ;)
Post a Comment