(I have more Christmas Traditions to share with you, but today is a deviation from that-one of our favorite meals...)Hot Tamale Pie!
This dish is one I found a long time ago. Even though I despise cooking, there are some recipes I love to follow for a great meal...Mexican food is at the top of the Lions, Tigers and Boys list every time~
Ingredients:
1 pound Ground TURKEY (*We use turkey, but Beef is on the card*)
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can of kidney beans (we delete this because beans may cause some people to have a meltdown...which is me! I hate beans!)
1 can of Mexi-corn-drained (*Add to Corn Muffin Mix* This is NOT in the recipe-we just love it this way!)
1 package of Taco seasoning
1/2 cup water
1 package (8 oz.) of Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup green onion, tomato, cilantro, avocado-all chopped for the garnish on top (*Again, only the green onions are listed, but this is for those that really love their family and are willing to go the extra mile...*)
(This is the ground turkey with tomato sauce, water, and taco seasoning...)
(Don't laugh, but this my recipe card I PHOTOGRAPHED-to tired to type it all down!)
We may add some things (the good stuff!),change some things (what's healthier for you and me!), and take out the beans (the gross stuff!), but in this house-we eat good every night! Come on over!
Dinner will be on the table at 5:30-just wash your hands first, and join us!

(I may despise cooking-but I can get the job done when Tin Man needs a break...)




24 comments:
Oh, that looks like the perfect meal for a cold, wintery evening! I love tamales!
Here's the link to put snow on your blog...it's very simple to do...
http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/12/simple-snow-effect-widget-for-blogger.html
Enjoy your Monday!!!
YUM!
That looks good!
I may have to give it a try.
At first I was like...ugh! I am not a Mexican food person...but when I saw the finished product...I am writing it down!! It looks very yummy!!!!
-sandy toes
I am gonna try that--it looks super yummy! I love Mexican! Thanks for sharing.
Sound delicious!
That looks delish!
:)
Love the festiveness of your blog!
Merriest Holidays to YOU!
I'd love to come have dinner at your house! :) My husband *loves* tamales.
Oh, and I really dislike beans, too. Everyone always looks at me funny when they see my chili has no beans!
Why, that's the cutest chunk of tamale pie I've ever seen!
Sounds really good! I will make it soon.
Your card came in the mail today. That is so cute! I love the ties but yet has a casual feel. Your boys are just so cute!! What a great card!
-sandy toes
That looks so good!! I'm hungry now...
That looks so good! Im going to try it! I love the Christmas look of your blog!
What a fun receipe!! My grandkids would gobble it up! & I love that you copied your recipe card - simple!!
One of my favorite quick & steady meals is rice (brown) & lentils - which cook more quickly than other beans, & are pretty darn mild! I just cook them together, with an onion & maybe a carrot & potatoe ~ 1/2 way thru, & a bit of 'italian herb' mix or cumin - yum!! Just simmer on the stove for an hour, & you've got dinner!
I am soooooo making that tomorrow. YUM. cherry
My husband would L-O-V-E this!!!!!!! Thanks so much for posting the recipe!!
This looks SO good! I am excited to have a new recipe to try! I love Mexican food...yummy and salty...I just need to figure out how to add mashed potatoes to it! :)
Carrie
I'm there! Yum!
That looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Hope your Christmas preparations are going well.
Lindsay
Thank you for sharing, this sounds so wonderful!!!!
Oh that looks really good! That is now on Thursday nights menu!
My children would really like this ~ I'll add it to my weekly menu next week.
Thanks for sharing,
Jo
Count us in for seven (no, not 7:00..seven of us) - I'll bring the cheesecake.
Hey, Girly Stuff told me how much they had enjoyed this recipe. We just made it and it was great! Perfect comfort food. I would have never thought cornbread would turn out so well on the stove. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment