
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I just want one cup of egg nog in December, then I am good for the year...
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? Depends on how much time I have that year...
3.Colored lights on house/tree or white? White outside, white on the tree in the front room, and down the stairs. Colored lights in the great room on the tree we cut down every year. (If you have kids, you HAVE to do colored lights somewhere! They LOVE it!)
4.Do you hang mistletoe? When I can find it in one of my many Christmas boxes...
5. When do you put up your decorations up? I start on December 1st. My husband is the "Box carrier"-carry up the Christmas boxes, carry down the fall boxes...
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Sour Cream Coffee Cake-My mom makes me one as a gift!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My parents didn't have much extra money one year, and finally bought a Christmas tree close to the 25th. The only tree available was a teeny, tiny tree. We all hated it, but bought it anyway. We set it on a side table (so we could see it!) next to the couch. We ended up all loving that tree, and we all remember that Christmas when it wasn't about the gifts.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My parents tried! -I just never believed-I was a gift snooper-I knew who the gifts were from! My seven year old is the same way. He doesn't believe in Santa or the tooth fairy. But he plays along for me. (A tooth fairy is too small to carry a quarter!! A person CAN'T fit down the chimney! I saw that in the laundry room closet! It's not from Santa!))
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, at my husband's family party.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With lights and ornaments! I hate tinsel... My front room is "elegant"-my way. The great room tree is full of memories, kid-made ornaments, and things that mean something special to us. Our train goes around the bottom of the great room tree.
11. Snow.Love it or dread it? Hate it-you would too if you had a puppy to take out every few hours...especially when it is snowing, and eighteen degrees! (It would be o.k. just on Christmas Day...)
12. Can you ice skate? Yes!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My full-sized (painted yellow by my mom) student desks. I loved playing teacher, and grew up to become one. (I still have the first grade book I bought with my allowance...) I bought my kids a student desk-they just looked at me, and said, "Is that a time-out chair?" OH MY Goodness! What a great idea!
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Being with my family, and my parents, and sister.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Sour Cream Coffee Cake-breakfast, lunch, desert...midnight snack-anytime!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas stocking for Jesus-we write what we are thankful for and read them on Christmas. Spending Christmas Eve at my parents house. Opening gifts with just my husband-he always surprises me with something thoughtful (one year it was a paper towel holder that matched the kitchen perfectly! I loved it! One year it was redesigning my original engagement ring, and hanging it in the tree-it was hanging there all month, and I didn't notice it! One year, it was a cabinet to hang in my master bath FILLED with bath salts, bubbles, bath bombs-everything for a hot bath...)
17. What tops your Christmas Tree?An angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I like giving-I like to do "theme" gifts. (Night at the Movies-popcorn bucket filled with microwave popcorn, movie candy, a video, and a theater gift card. Or-A Couples Gift-A Basket filled with blanket, a night-light, a couples devotional, and a romantic CD.) But I love what my husband gets me-he always surprises me, like I said before.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "Last Christmas" by George Michael (I know-terrible choice!) "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey and "Believe" by Josh Groban
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yuck-I only eat them for fresh breath.
21. What do you want for Christmas? I don't care-surprise me. (Full-time house keeper??? Someone to do laundry???)
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? yes!
23. Do you dress-up for Christmas Eve, or wear pajamas? Dress-up for Husband's family party,(matching, if I can swing it...) Then Christmas Jammies at Nana's later that night!
24. Do you own a Santa hat? YES! Like five!!! (One for everyone here!)
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Christmas Eve with Tin Man's family, then we drive late at night to spend the night at my parents. Then after brunch, we head home for Christmas with the kids...Christmas Day night, my family comes over to our house (we are trying to talk my parents into spending the night at our house after the movies...we'll see!) and we watch Christmas movies, and eat the leftovers from brunch!
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Fill out the questions; Tag 5-7 people at the end of your post; Pass on the tag!
This is passed on to:
The Way It Is
(...I think I need to go munch on a Candy Cane-I have Coffee Breath!)



12 comments:
Thank you for the Christmas inspiration! I'm dying to decorate this weekend! We've been slammed with obligations since Thanksgiving.
I just have to get through a birthday party and a baby shower this weekend. Then I'm home free!
Have you tried the Soy egg nog? Oh my it is so good!
I have 3 Christmas parties to attend and that's not including the one I'm hosting!
Thanks for the tag! I'll get on it!
You guys are like a band of Traveling Christmas Gypsies on the 24th and 25th!
I would never have seen the ring either. But I'll let him try!
What a fun read!! Don't you just love getting to know blogging friends?! :o) Number 7 was every year growing up in our house ... when I got married, I just assumed we would buy a small tree and put it on a table!! :o) My husband was like, "No way!" :o) I still put a white sheet around the base of the tree too ... again, just assumed that is what everyone does! :o) I need to learn to sew a tree skirt!
Have a super weekend!!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Oh, darn you! This song always makes me cry!! *sniff*
Your #7 touched my heart!
I love you for tagging me. Off to complete my task right now.
I only like one cup of egg nog a year. It is gross to think about a drink made out of raw eggs.
What a fun tag to read! Did you see the award I gave to you yesterday, by the way! ENJOY!!!
I forgot...I've given you an award...check it out on my blog! :)
It seems we have more in common than one would think: I LOOOOOVE sour cream coffee cake (my mom made it for me all the time growing up) and I have one sister too. That's it. Mom and Dad and one sister. And now I'm married with THREE boys, like you.
This was really interesting : ). My Mom makes a killer sour cream coffee cake too! Yummy!
I have a question about your purse. My best friend was just given one by her friend. I can totally tell it is fake but my friend swears it is real because her friend is rich.
Do you know how you can tell if they are fake or real? I really want to know because we made a bet and I want to win : ).
One question...are you sharing the recipe of the sour cream coffee cake..that sounds dreamy!
-sandy toes
What fun traditions! I'm with you on the eggnog - once a year is good, and it has to be ice cold. I think it's a texture thing. lol :)
Like your Christmas wordle, too!
Post a Comment