Saturday, August 7, 2010

Anne's Tablet Trail On Mackinac Island


Anne's Tablet Trail is not a much publicized trail or walk on Mackinac Island,
but it was something I didn't want to miss this year.
Last year, Tin Man and the boys stumbled upon it while I was shopping in town, and the pictures he took last year had me  begging him to take me there this year.
Even after biking the 8.2 mile trek around the Island,
I was weak-legged but ready to tackle the hidden stairs and trail to the very top of the Island.
And it was worth the view.





There was even a secluded  gazebo:



A few steps away, we found a neat street of cottages overlooking a bluff, and Lake Huron.
Simply breath-taking views!



The cottages were just darling:







A horse-drawn carriage looking over the bluffs with us:




Anne's Tablet Trail:
My favorite place on Mackinaw Island


post signature

3 comments:

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Beautiful views! I can see why Anne's Tablet is your favorite place there!

Lindsay-ann said...

This looks like such an adventure. I would LOVE to do that. The hidden stairs sound so exciting. The family pictures you took there are really beautiful. The cottages are dreamy. I would love to go inside one of those or stay in one. The while island is so pretty. Thanks for the great pictures.
Lindsay
x

Dawn said...

oh, really beautiful. i can understand why it is your favorite spot. another place to add to my list!