Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Monopoly Live"

Seriously.
If you are not my mom,
or my sister,
or even {maybe, but I may be pushing her to the limits-} my Aunt in Ohio-
This post may bore you to tears.

I am serious!
{Warning: Very Boring Post ahead!}

The boys have been playing Monopoly all Summer,

-without me because I abhor that game-
and loving it.

They can play it for hours.
Literally, HOURS.

Me? I will beg them for a quick game like UNO.

That is my pace for games.
{Fast! Quick! Not too much thinking going on!}

Anyway,
It was raining one morning at the cottage.

And the boys asked to play Monopoly.
Unfortunately,
Tin Man {AKA: The parent who LOVES playing Monopoly as much as they do-}
was out of town.
Being the wonderful mother I am,
I still refused to play with them.
I know.
Sign me up for Mother of the Year.
They decided to play Monopoly anyway.
But with a twist.

Happy Boy owned the Hotel:
{Don't forget your Monopoly Money at check in-}

Dancing Boy owned the Hair Salon:

{Notice the Monopoly Money in the above picture}
And Nature Boy operated the Restaurant:
{and offered a complimentary morning paper with some dried cereal-}
They had so much fun!
...and no one was that mad that I didn't play Monopoly after all.

post signature
(...Who has not won any Mother of the Year contests just yet-)

8 comments:

Mommy Mac said...

Yeah, I'm not such the fan of monopoly in my thirties...

my kiddos aren't there just yet.

We rock UNO though!

.mac :)

p.s. School started yet?

Lindsay-ann said...

Love your new version of Monopoly. You do know that they will want to play this version everytime now don't you?
Lindsay
x

Kelli said...

I'm a great mom who says no as well. I love how it brought out their creativity!

Kelli said...

Oooh and I love, love UNO!

Dawn said...

a very clever compromise :) and uno! i love uno :)

Anonymous said...

It is really sad that you don't play Monopoly! It is one of the best games ever created! Your husband must be so wonderful to play with you boys for two days and not be really mad at you for not playing. He is wonderful and I wished my husband was as good, kind, generous, loving. Your really lucky. You should show him your appreciation by surprising him with a wonderful back massage or whatever! Just my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

It is really sad that you don't play Monopoly! It is one of the best games ever created! Your husband must be so wonderful to play with you boys for two days and not be really mad at you for not playing. He is wonderful and I wished my husband was as good, kind, generous, loving. Your really lucky. You should show him your appreciation by surprising him with a wonderful back massage or whatever! Just my thoughts.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

HAHAHA, Tin MAN!!!

(I will give you a back massage...it will not last as long as a Monopoly game, though-)