Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pooped...In More Ways Than One~

They look so sweet and innocent, don't they?

While my sister and her husband were at the hospital having Baby Kate, I had the twins.
Or rather-the twins had me.

Sometimes, when people hear I have three boys, they say, "Oh my! Three boys? Wow. You must be busy!"
But really, raising them (so far-) has been pretty easy. 
The boys are (usually) very good for me, and aside from a few squabbles, each day with them has been relatively fun, and enjoyable.

The twins?
Oh fun, for sure-
...But watching the twins was way more work!
They are like two little monkeys:
laughing,
 giggling,
 running,
 jumping,
ripping,
 throwing,
tumbling
...and this is just at nap time.
So of course, one helped the other one out of their pajamas during nap time
and there was poop on their brand new carpet.
And the childhood book of my brother-in-law?
 Ripped to a zillion pieces.
Then made into spit wads.
(And no, I am not exaggerating~)
So they pooped-
I was pooped-
...and then I started getting my new classroom (!!!) together.
The room I am in has had a new teacher every few years, so it was pretty fair to say it was crammed full of stuff. Stuff to toss, stuff to organize,
stuff to give away-
STUFF.


And while the rest of my family stayed up at the cottage enjoying the last dwindling days of summer break,
I got my classroom together.
When my boys came in to look around,
(-and they all came home early from the cottage because they missed me!)
they all said my room was the
(-And I quote-)
 "coolest".


And me?
I am pooped.
But happy.
Excited.
Ready for school to start next Tuesday.
Ready for my little first graders to walk in and find their place.
With me.


post signature
(...who has a few days of meetings ahead...see you soon!)

14 comments:

Kelli said...

I'd be pooped too! Whew! Good luck with your new adventure...I know you will do an amazing job. Oh, and I finished the book and I was so sad for Charlie and wanted him to have a dad...I had tears. Thanks so much.

Mommy Mac said...

I swear Ruby.

You have to be related to my sister-in-law, Kim.

She can take 2 hours and check 15 things off her highly detailed checklist.

I ca take 2 hours and well, um, do 1 maybe 2 things!

You, without a doubt, have it together!

Keep it up and enjoy being Mrs.Slippers this year!

.mac :)

Dawn said...

look at you!
i will repeat it... coolest!
you were working hard, and i just knthese little kiddos (and their parents!) will be so blessed by you being their teacher.

and the twins?! oh my gosh. wow. i would have cried. maybe for a few days. at least you got to hold that sweet tiny baby!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Hope you have a great year setting up the classroom is a lot of hard work that's for sure.

Carey

trish said...

Look at your fun filled classroom!! How exciting. :o) I am so happy for you! :o)

Sincerely ~ Tricia

Ps. If you ever need a lanyard, please let me know, I just started making them. I even blogged about it. :o) Last night, at Senior night, the teacher leading was wearing one of the lanyards I created and I was just so blessed! :o)

Annikke said...

Your classroom does look pretty "cool" (to quote some boys who probably know what COOL is all about because they have the coolest mom e.v.e.r!)

Good luck when school starts!

April said...

Hey girlie!
It's been far too long! I can't believe how much I've missed! I had no idea you were heading back into the classroom! You must be SO excited! Your kiddos are going to be so fortunate to have you as their teacher! Wishing you the BEST school year ever!

Lindsay-ann said...

Your new classroom looks great. You have made it come alive from those first pictures. It's a lovely big room. Your kids are going to feel so at home there as you have made it feel really welcoming. They are so lucky to have you as their teacher.
Glad you survived the twins!
Good luck for next week. I will be thinking of you.
Lindsay
x

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Yeah, I'd be pooped too! I cannot imagine having twins--they go through all the stages of life at the SAME time. And poop too apparently! :)
Your classroom is very cool. Hope you have a great group of kids!

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

Oh my I wish I was there to help out. Your sister looks fantastic. And your class room is the coolest. I agree with the boys. I miss you alot!!!!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Your classroom looks AMAZING!!!

sandy toe

Sandra said...

Oh Lori...I am sooooo excited for you...

If I had 6 year olds, I'd TOTALLY want you to be their teacher...

What blessed little students they are going to be...

I love the 15-17 year olds myself... and am having a BLAST teaching them...

hAVE A GREAT TIME... like I know you will...

Sandra said...

Oh Lori...I am sooooo excited for you...

If I had 6 year olds, I'd TOTALLY want you to be their teacher...

What blessed little students they are going to be...

I love the 15-17 year olds myself... and am having a BLAST teaching them...

hAVE A GREAT TIME... like I know you will...

Anonymous said...

Oh, there it is!!! THANKS! ;) I'm just a bit slow on the up-take!!! :)