I've had a busy weekend-a concert (Celine Dion!), three flag-football games, my sister and eight-month old twins stayed the weekend, the MICHIGAN/WISCONSIN game to watch, church, (and the regular stuff of cleaning up after lots of people, pets, and kids)...BUT I still made time to read TWILIGHT, which was recommended by My Three BoyBarbarians. Something had to give to fit it in, and as usual, it was my sleep...
It was worth it (so far). Can't put it down! Need to shower! Need to brush my teeth!! Need to Drink coffee to stay awake!!!
~Ruby Red Slippers (Who is still in her pajamas-sorry no picture available!)



9 comments:
You are too funny! What a great weekend! Make sure to report back on the other books once you read them!!
I've heard Twilight is a good book...I just need to find the time to read it. Isn't that sad? I used to read a lot, but now, seems that other things have taken priority. Laundry, car pooling, meetings, appointments...you name it! I really must slow down and curl up with a book and let everything else take care of itself. Yeah, right! :)
I have never heard of the book but I barely read when school starts. Glad you enjoyed your weekend..a busy one!
Happy Monday!
-Sandy Toes
p.s. can't wait to see your writing board!
Another one bites the dust (yes, singing it as I type). I haven't given in...yet!
Hee Hee! You are a busy woman! I just love getting into something like that...you just want the whole world to stop right!?
BTW, I LOVE Celine! I mentioned you in my post today...you will have to come check it out. I gave you a "Thanks".
I belong to swaptree.com and I just swaped for books 1 and 3... I am going to read them but I am on a $0 budget so I have to get them cheaply! So far it has only cost me 4 bucks to ship the books I am trading! I also need to finish the Jodi Piqoult book I am in the middle of too ;)
Thanks for dropping by earlier. Get some rest & I'm going to have to check out that book - everybody's reading it.
You should be reading a good book in bed with a nice headboard! Any kind of door turned on it's side makes for a great headboard. Or even a couple of doors hung vertically. You can use a regular or bi-fold door, shutters, or even a french door would be beautiful. Most thrift stores sell old doors. Or for a dramatic formal look, hang long draperies behind your bed. Be sure to hang them as high to the ceiling as possible.
You could find a very large piece of "ugly" art in a frame. Then spray paint the entire thing a beautiful color and hang it just above your pillows.
You could hang one large, or a row of three to five, art canvases painted a solid color or with a bold design.
If that's too costly, then go to the hardware store and buy a sheet of plywood. Have them cut it to size. You could finish it off with some molding and then paint it. Or cover the wood with a beautiful fabric. If you want it soft, then put on a layer of foam &/or batting under the fabric. A glue gun is a handy tool for this project. Or for a more Asian feel, cover the plywood with a bamboo blind.
I've also used beautiful iron pieces as a headboard and once I used two fence gates. The possibilities are endless.
Let me know what you end up doing. But at least do something. You and your hubby deserve a beautiful bedroom!
Hi! I discovered these books over the summer and me and my 13 year old daughter read all four in about 2 weeks. She has actually read them twice. It's a good thing it was summer because there were some days when all we did was read!!
Post a Comment