Monday, September 22, 2008

More Than An Apple A Day...Will NOT Keep the Restroom AWAY!

Remember, I have three (little) boys (oh-yes, and my dear Tin Man!), so potty humor is a second language at our house. (Those with weak stomachs-skip this blog!)






Our boys didn't have school today, so we took a trip to pick apples. In case you were unaware, a visit to the APPLE ORCHARD will do funny things to your little darling's digestive cycles...


I realized tonight that in every picture of our trip to the orchard today, the boys were eating apples-now my day makes sense!




We could SMELL where the baby was in the orchard...







The older boys made SEVERAL trips to use the facilities during dinner...So much so, that Tin Man decided he would rather just skip eating-SOMETHING WAS UNAPPETIZING and causing him the "gag reflex"! (Of course, as a mom, I could continue my meal! Moms don't have the gag reflex issue.)






The baby needed a complete bath after dinner...the bad smells continued all evening...Even some undies ended up in the trash! (I refuse to scrub THAT!) Finally, all are clean and in bed...Hopefully, we won't need so much toilet paper and wipes tomorrow...





~Ruby Red Slippers





PS: My Coffee-yes, COFFEE! recipe will be posted tomorrow!

4 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Love the picture of the boys holding hands...so sweet! I love going to Apple Orchards...such a great Fall activity but the bees are really bad here. Bees and "my girls" is not a good combination...they get all "screamy" and "twirly" while my son just stands there...it's a sight!

-Sandy toes

April said...

Such cute pictures of your family! I've never been to an apple orchard, but it sure sounds like fun. Trust me, the scenario you described can happen as easily with girls as with boys! Too funny, though I know it wasn't at the time. Have a good one!

trish said...

Fresh fruit is tricky like that! :o) Your pictures are precious!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Em said...

My poor boy has this same reaction, especially to apple juice - he has thrown up and pooped on too many things (my sister's couch, my car, a restaraunt table, my hallway...) so I told him (lied to him) that he was allergic to apple juice... Now when he is offered it it says "nope, I am allergic!" And you're right, moms don't have a gag reflex, I was eating cereal while reading that ;)