My 27 month old spent almost two years screaming, and crying in every car ride. (EVERY RIDE-TEN MINUTES OR TWO HOURS!!) It was so bad, you would almost swerve into a ditch! (Ask anyone who rode in our car!) It was all we could do to concentrate on the road...
Today, I realized how peaceful it was in the car. My five year old, my baby, and I were singing along to a Chris Tomlin song, and enjoying the moment. I glanced in my rear-view mirror and saw a smile on the baby's face, as he happily clapped and sang, "His grace is enough, His grace is enough, His grace is enough for ME!"
That is music to my ears!
~Ruby Red Slippers



7 comments:
Hey there!
I would love to help you with all of the blog makeover stuff. Basically - you just order it through my site - I send you a design - we work on it until we get it right - then I make your page all beautiful! So easy!
Email me if you want to get going with it.
ksmccallaghan at hotmail dot com
You have absolutely handsome beautiful boys. I love the name of your blog.
I love Chris Tomlin..
Your boys are cuties..
I would much prefer a sweet car ride with singing like that than the crying! So glad you had a break!
Carrie
I had a crier too! My middlest~Kenna. It was not fun! So glad you had a peaceful car ride today. I love Chris Tomlin!!
Hi,
Your post reminds me of my youngest grandson. He recently has started crying in the car...and usually falls asleep.
I need to get some of that praise and worhip music!
When I put it on the CD that has Beautiful Boy by Celine Dion, he get quiet. LOL
diane
I found myself letting out a gentle sigh when I read your post. There were a number of times that Katie our oldest would cry, without being able to be consoled and it was nerve racking. A lot of self talk went on during those car rides. :o) What a precious song to calm your ride!!
Have a very nice day!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Post a Comment