Thursday, August 13, 2009

13 And Still Counting~


"Grow old along with me,
the best is yet to be~"


(2009)


13 years married this month~


and so glad we found each other.


It hasn't always been easy,


but


each year is better than the last.




(2008)

13 Things I Love About Being Married To My Tin Man

On our first anniversary (which is "paper"), he got me my first subscription to People Magazine.

He is so much fun-I am more of a type "A" and he brings out my inner child.

He buys me the new books by my favorite authors without me asking him to.

He did not want a dog, but got our Lucy for the kids and me anyway.

He loves Lucy and talks baby talk to her.

He cleans the bathrooms-always.

Of course you know, he cooks.

And grocery shops.

If I complain that he didn't buy things I like-he remembers the next time he goes and buys things I complained about (like Kettle Corn Popcorn that no one else here will eat).

He watches "Somewhere In Time" with me every year on our anniversary after our yearly kayaking trip down the Au Sable River.

He loves God more every year, and shows he loves me more as a result.

He is strong. So when I need a good hug or a cry-His arms make me feel so secure.

He is the best dad to our three boys. The best.

He doesn't mind if I read late into the night...as long as I scratch his back.

And I always sleep much better if he is right next to me~even in the smaller bed here at the cottage.


(After Kayaking~)

(And, Yep. That was more than 13-I just couldn't stop!)


There is something I have said before:


We certainly are not perfect people,


but we are perfect for each other.


~And that's what marriage is about.




post signature

14 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Ah... you have such a knack for wording things just right. I love that you see all of the little things as being so important.... after all, aren't those the things that truly make up our lives? I am so glad that I have found your blog, I really enjoy reading it. Thanks again for sharing your gift of the gab (you truly are a gifted writer). I may have to use that last quote from you, I love that!

duchess said...

Happy Anniversary!! May you have many, many more happy years together.

Kelli said...

Happy anniversary! Those are great qualities of your Tin Man. Here's to many more.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Happy Anniversary! So nice to see happily married folks in this day and age! Y'all are so cute together!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Happy Happy anniversary to you!!!

Wishing you many more!

Sandy Toe

Annikke said...

You have been writing some awesome tributes lately! This is so sweet. Happy anniversary

Work in progress said...

Congrats! I know what a blessing it is to have a good man and to watch God bless the years you have with each other. Here's to many more.

April said...

Happy Happy Anniversary to you and that amazing hubby of yours. Here's to many more years of wedded bliss!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Happy Anniversary!! You got married 6 months before us! Sounds like each year it gets better! May you both always be an incredible example to your precious boys!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Julie said...

What a beautiful post! It amazes me that god had a plan...and picked Tin Man just for you! Have a wonderful Anniversary! Julie

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Your words always bring tears to my eyes and warms my heart. Gives me hope when times are tough in a marriage. You know the times when there is a 3 yr old, 1 yr old and lots of exhaustion!
Thanks for sharing!

Dawn said...

happy anniversary to you & your tin man :) my hubby & i are celebrating 17 today! i love your post... the real stuff.

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Congratulations on 13 years! That's awesome. I love the kettle corn popcorn too. ;)

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Very sweet! Sounds like you have a wonderful husband too. I certainly can relate when you said you are perfect for each other because I feel the same way about my wonderful husband too. We have our 12th anniversary coming up this month.