
Summer is about ice cream, right?
Biking.
We have a four mile trek that we do every day or every other day.
The first few minutes, my thighs are screaming, and I am thinking of all the things I could be doing instead.
But eventually, the thighs quiet down, and I can listen to and notice the beauty of what is around me.
We've seen deer,
beautiful wild flowers,
squirrels, (a dead chipmunk...)
and we hear a million and one birds chirping.
Sometimes~ when Tin Man is here, he motivates me to go a bit farther.
We can make it six miles (round trip) to the State Park with the playground.
And sometimes,
we get out our trail-along bike for our six year old, and head on a nine mile (round trip) bike ride to the hot dog stand in town.
The nine mile one just about kills me. If I do that one too often-
my thighs are complaining way too much!
Where am I biking today, you may be wondering?
Can you guess my favorite (if I HAD to pick one, that is-) ice cream? I need time to think about my favorite....hmmm. Let me think for a moment or two....
Instead, I will show you what I have been doing to combat this love of ice cream:
Biking.
The first few minutes, my thighs are screaming, and I am thinking of all the things I could be doing instead.
But eventually, the thighs quiet down, and I can listen to and notice the beauty of what is around me.
We've seen deer,
beautiful wild flowers,
squirrels, (a dead chipmunk...)
and we hear a million and one birds chirping.
Sometimes~ when Tin Man is here, he motivates me to go a bit farther.
We can make it six miles (round trip) to the State Park with the playground.
And sometimes,
we get out our trail-along bike for our six year old, and head on a nine mile (round trip) bike ride to the hot dog stand in town.
The nine mile one just about kills me. If I do that one too often-
my thighs are complaining way too much!
Where am I biking today, you may be wondering?

We are touring Mackinac Island-on our bikes this very minute.

(Oh-And my favorite summer ice cream? Ben and Jerry's Cheesecake Brownie:
...now you know why I have been doing so much biking!)




12 comments:
When I saw that picture, I thought you might be in the Caribbean or something. So beautiful! I love going for bike rides, but I'm way overdue! How much longer are you guys going to be at your cabin? You're going to hate to leave, I'm sure!
i so wantred to bike mackinac when we were there (2 yrs ag)... but a good reason to make a return trip, right?! i have been dying to get on my bike again... maybe you are just the motivation i need! well, that and getting over this little health issue :) happy day! (and tonight you will surely deserve 2 scoops of that decadent ice cream!)
Awww, I've always wanted to go to Mackinac Island ever since I saw the movie Somewhere in Time! :)lol
Looks like you are having so much fun!
I had no idea there were Islands in the midwest!!! So cool!
You look lovely... relaxed and refreshed! It all looks like such a great time
!!!
Yum...cheesecake brownie. I will have to try that-my go to ice cream is HD coffee!!
kudos to you my friend. if i even LOOK at my bike, my thighs start to quiver. my husband got it for me 3 years ago (after i casually mentioned it might be nice to have one) and i have yet to ride it once. my hat is off to you!!! watch out lance armstrong!
i've been on that exact same path! we went to mackinac island for a week, and went on a bikeride around the island every day! i even bought a bike from up there with a basket on the front :) hope you're having a GREAT time!
Awesome! I really want to start biking with the boys and Kenny. We just need bikes! Eli is the only bike owner in the bunch!
Enjoy and savor these last days of summer winding down.
Your boys will have so many wonderful memories to look back on because of the great times you spend with them together.
.mac :)
I've had a thing for Raspberry Sherbet this summer. Thank the good Lord it's only 1 gram of fat for a half a cup!
That ice cream sounds wonderful!
sandy toe
p.s. one day I will get back to that island...I remember it being so pretty and quaint.
That's awesome, good for you! I was never big on biking, but I do enjoy walking through the parks though. Love Turkey Hill chocolate marshmallow.
We have been eating way to many DQ blizzards, YUM!!
Have fun on the trails.
Post a Comment