****Looking for a movie review? Check out Movies in Oz... We saw the Ugly Truth, and we'll tell the Ugly Truth!****This summer, the boys and Tin Man have been doing quite a bit of this in between afternoons at the beach, or biking in the morning or dancing in the evening:
...And this:
...And this:
What is "this"?
(Here is a thirty second peek. Mute the music below and take a listen:)
THIS is reading Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson aloud with Tin Man.

This is not "Chick Lit" ~the kind of summer reading I happen to enjoy.
However~I love watching them read it and discuss it.
They now know that "quid" is a type of money,
and "a mortal wound" means "dead".
...And a bunch more that they act out as they play pirates at the beach and on their playscape~
(It is the perfect summer pirate book for boys!)
Argh!
(...who is usually known as~)

(They completed this one, and are currently reading "Where the Red Fern Grows". Tin Man hasn't read it before, and I have. I have my box of tissues ready when they get to the end...It will have them all crying, I am afraid!)




15 comments:
Your little readers are so cute! Even your one not so little reader : )
How wonderful! Oh..I love where the red fern growns...such a wonderful book!
sandy toe
Nothing better than time spent together reading as a family! I used to read to my girls all the time and we still talk about it! "Where the Red Fern Grows" is a major tear-jerker...be ready!
So cute! I love reading to my kids. You are making some wonderful memories!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
That is a book I need to read to my children. Thanks for the suggestion.
You know I am sure that my boys would love that book and I never even thought of it until now. Thanks. I am going to pick it up at the library this week.
That is just precious!
My son and I love to read together too. He is always bringing books to me to read and I can never deny him! I have got to read The Time Traveler's Wife after what you said about it.
Keep reading, Tin Man!! The boys love to be read to here. Matter of fact, the TV is off on all occasions except for movies and specific shows. It is so cool to watch them select books on their own at 4 and 2 and just sit alone and read.
Keep up the great work!!
.mac :)
That is so awesome! I love the classics. And so great that they are reading them with their dad. What great memories!
XOXO
Jen
I love, love, love it when husbands read to their children!
Hi Ruby! You joined my blog yesterday SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB and so I wanted to return the favor! Love dad reading books to the boys. When my son was little, I used to read Anna Karenina to him in the bathtub. Don't think he remembers much of it now, but your blog reminded me that I need to start reading to him again something besides Spongebob! Again, thanks for taking the time to have a look at my new little spot!
Oh, I love "Where the Red Fern Grows" I might read it with ya'll! I was just thinking about that book last week and that I need to reread it!!
These pictures are SO cute. How sweet they all look. Love the book! Can't wait for my son to read it one day. (He is only 2).
Just love the endearing photos of dad reading to the boys.
And what a perfect book to start with!
I cringed when I saw the latest book... I was a big blubber baby by the end... my dad made me watch the movie and I threw a pillow at him through my tears. "You didn't tell me it ends like THIS!" ha ha
I'm with Nurse Boy - you're building great memories!
Post a Comment