Friday, August 21, 2009

When You Feel Like Tiger Woods...Just Another Summer Story

Oh!!! Summer is coming to an end, and I just hate that! However, this summer has been so memorible in many ways. One thing that has been so exciting for Nature Boy and Dancing Boy has been golfing with Tin Man. (Yes, I golf too, but I love the beach more!) If there is one thing Tin Man loves as much as us, it is his golf.

So, he signed up as a ranger at Red Hawk Golf Club. (This was one of his non-paying jobs this year. I might have to tell about his other non-paying job this fall~it is so neat...)

For the summer, every other Saturday, this is where you would find him: Sure, the pay was nil, but he could golf for free (and eat for free-win/win-). And in the terrible economy, he was even able to take me and the boys (for free)!!

He made it a priority to take each of the two older boys on their own, and teach them "Golf Etiquette". Nature Boy is getting pretty good at golf-this is his third year, and he is on his second set of clubs- but for Dancing Boy-this was his first experience on a "real" course.

The pictures say it all, or nearly all:


(The majestic course):


(Using a Tee~)


(Driving the cart-see the concentration!):


(Lining up his shot. Notice the shoeless foot!):


(Taking a huge swing):


When Tin Man asked him what he thought about their golfing day, Dancing Boy's reply was,

"Oh Man! I feel JUST like Tiger Woods!"




post signature


(Who feels like Tiger Wood's mother would have felt!)


6 comments:

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

I am bummed summer is almost over too! My husband loves to golf too but he's been too swamped to go much this year. He took our son, Henry, to a driving range, but that was about it. Pictures look wonderful!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

LOVE father and son bonding time! I WISH I could feel like Tiger Woods once, JUST ONCE. ;0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Kristin said...

I have never been able to get into golf. Looks like your boys had a blast. I am bummed that summer is almost over too. This is our last weekend before school starts back. Did this summer fly by or was it just like that for me?

Julie said...

My son LOVES golf. It's such a good sport.
I love the pictures...what wonderful bonding time with dad. Can't wait to hear about Tin Man's job this Fall.
Thank you for the SWEET postcard.
Miss ya...Julie

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks so much for the lovely post card from your cottage. It looks like it's been halfway round the world and I suppose it has!
I have enjoyed catching up with your blog as we have been away for a week. Did you enjoy cycling around Mackinac Island? I have seen that island on other blogs and would really love to go there myself one day. I have seen The Time travellers Wife and really enjoyed it. Afterwards I couldn't stop thinking about it and it gave me quite a headache!!
Hope you are having a lovely Saturday.
Lindsay
x

Mommy Mac said...

Golfing is a not so much in our household. Both of us our athletes, but end up wanting to throw our clubs half way in!!! Perhaps a formal Tin Man lesson would treat us right.

I happen to be pretty good at put-put though!!!

.mac :)