Friday, August 14, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife...Your thoughts, please.




What a book.


I am still thinking about this one~and will for a long time:

I spent the most wonderful day today finishing this book at the beach.

I finished it, but kept thinking about it-

flipping to a section, and re-reading certain parts.

It is the most intense, interesting book I have read in a very long time.


I can't stop thinking about it!




It is coming out as a movie very soon,

and all I can think of is how in the world can it be done as a movie?





Have you read The Time Traveler's Wife?


What did you think?

How do you think the movie will be? (and will you see it?)


post signature

18 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

I am sure I would...it looks good on previews!

I saw Julia Julia last night. It was cute but long. I did think Meryl Street did a great job!

sandy toe

Work in progress said...

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! Time travel is my absolute favorite fictional genre. This book also had such a beautiful love story-it was amazing. My husband wrote to the author after reading it, praising her for the love story. She responded back,which was pretty darn cool. I have been waiting for the movie. We are seeing it tonight. I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't ruin the story. I know they will have to leave out stuff, I just hope they do it justice. I will be curious to see what you think of the movie.

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

I just ordered it through ILL. Thanks for the heads up!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I am looking forward to the movie. But as always I know the book is gonna be better!!

Sandra said...

NOW I want to read it!!!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I am planning on reading the book next and I really want to see the movie. I heard it was wonderful. Like even better than The Notebook and I love that movie.

Mother Hood said...

I just saw a review on The Today Show. They said it was "not good but not bad" and lacked the richness of the book. I'm interested in the book for sure!

Dawn said...

i haven't read it... but i have seen the previews for the movie and it looks intriguing. i just might have to find the book at the library!

Kristin said...

Haven't read the book. Feel free to pass it on to me :) The movie looks good and I can imagine that the book is even better. They always are.

Girly Stuff said...

My most favorite book!

I am sooooo glad you read it!

It has been awhile since I read it and I think that will help me out when I see the movie. Our bookclub is going tonight. And can I tell you how glad I am Rachael McAdams is in it?

It was a sweet story and gave much to consider. It was a tribute to marriage. Marriage has (for accurate reasons) always been presented as a linear event...how fun to present it so differently. Yet just like a "normal" marriage...never perfect and lots of work but always about unconditional love having to prevail.

I am bringing my tissues. I cried/sobbed at the end of the book.

Shell in your Pocket said...

I saw the movie last night with a friend. I hated it...I am sorry but I did.

If I some him one more time naked on the streets of the city stealing clothes I thought I would just die!

sandy toe

LuLu said...

Now I need to order the book and place it on my next book to read list!
LuLu

Annette said...

Id like to read it, I cant find the time to read these days! :( Im trying though- I did try the Margarita Bath Soap my Philosophy that you suggested and love it!! thanks ;)

mysteryhistorymom said...

I REALLY want to read this book. The previews for the movie look great, but the book is ALWAYS better.:) By the way, I read Something Borrowed after your recommendation and loved it! Fabulous! Lori

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I guess I'm alone in my opinion of this book. Started reading it --- wanted to stop, but didn't ---reread parts with more understanding after finishing --- hated that I did that. The story was just too "raw" for me, I think. Characters whom I couldn't really admire or identify with very well, yet the story drew me on to the finish. Fascinating concept- I just didn't like the way the story was told.

Mommy Mac said...

I am in need of a good read. I haven't read in awhile. I love to read, but there is no time for it with my business/life schedule.

I hate to hear that you can't check my blog often. We gotta fix that. I NEED you in my life, sista!!

Hope you are well.

I am going to read this one and get back to you!

.mac :)

Unknown said...

I really want to read it! This just confirmed that in my mind : )

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

This is one I haven't read yet but think I will. I've seen lots of people really liked it.