When it comes to politics, I have been:
Apathetic,
Disinterested,
Busy,
Tired...
Busy,
Tired...
{This past weekend, I was in this crowd:
Can you see me?}

What makes this country great is the freedom of speech we have...
I wanted my voice to be heard...
for my children...and it was one of a million voices...
for my children...and it was one of a million voices...
I went to Washington this past weekend with some girlfriends.
These are the images that put in to words how I feel about the state of this great Nation:







If you have scrolled down this far-then maybe you are wondering how I got to this point.
Between my husband and myself, we have worked hard for what we have today.
At times we have worked FIVE jobs between us at once to pay the bills, including covering our our own health care-
We pay taxes-state taxes, taxes on goods and services, small business owner taxes, property taxes, and federal taxes. This works out to be almost forty percent of what we make. We are just a "middle class" family, struggling to hang on every month. How can this be right??
The legacy I want to leave my children is not a Paris Hilton trust fund-but a legacy that teaches them to work hard, owe little, and save for rainy days. We don't want the government's help/ intervention-we want our hard work to count for us-and it seems you are penalized instead of rewarded for hard work, in my opinion.
It is not a "Republican" thing or a "Democrat" thing, or a "color" thing:
It is personal accountability thing-
That is why I went and had TEA (Taxed Enough Already) in Washington D.C.
*A local police officer {that we chatted with} in D.C. said in his seven years as a D.C. cop, he had never seen a LARGER group of protesters-(why isn't this on the news instead of Jon & Kate? ...and you all know how I LOVE my PEOPLE magazine!)
IN FRONT OF ME, A SEA OF PEOPLE (ABOUT SIX BLOCKS WIDE)-
BEHIND ME (APPROXIMATELY EIGHT BLOCKS LONG)-
KNOW what you believe in-do research and take a stand for something-even if it turns out to be a different voice than mine... 
(...Who went to a TEA party and LOVED it...)
*Due to the nature of this post, There are no Anonymous comments allowed-I don't care if you have a different view than me, but I have seen when commenters hide behind anonymity-and get rude...so, speak your mind (if you choose) in kindness-and with everyone knowing who you are! {INSERT SMILEY FACE HERE...}



24 comments:
Well, good for you and everyone else who stood in that mall! For every one person...there was a 100 represented who were at home but in spirit!
We have watched and watched and in that failed. It is time to stand and let our voices be heard!
sandy toe
That's what I like about you, Ruby.
You step out.
You are kind.
You are ultra organized not only in thought, but in action.
I fear for our nation's direction.
Yet, I detach myself due to ignorance and anxiety.
I think I wanna stand out like you more.
Research I will do even though I am sure I will be sad about it.
Thanks for the inspiration!
.mac :)
I'm so proud of you for taking a stand & going. I wanted to go so bad but had commitments here in SC I couldn't get out of. We need more concerned moms, dads & Americans to take a stand & say "NO MORE".
Thanks for sharing your trip with us - I'm slightly jealous.
I am so proud of you, Girlie! Good job!!!:) Lori
AMEN-sister!!
What a wonderful thing you did--whoever did the little piggy thing was clever. I am sure you saw lots of interesting signs. Good For You. I need to be more involved as well, more informed.
Thanks for reminding us.
Oh, btw google funky sandwiches. You boys would be so excited about some of these in their lunch. I really appreciate you sweet comments!
SOOOO jealous that you were there! :) Kudos to you for taking the time to study the issues and to stand up for what you believe in!
WTG for standing up for something you believe in.
Would love to have been there, too! We are self-employed and you should see those taxes! We figure at least one whole day's sales (if not more) go to pay taxes. I keep fearing someone will determine how many breaths we take daily and put a tax on that!
Good for you!
I am constantly amazed how small business owners are loaded up so heavily. I absolutely know that we paid 40% of what we generated straight to the IRS at my former business. It worked out that the only days I actually made money for my family was on Thursday.
And I won't even tell you how much I payed in employee taxes. And I actually qualified for fewer tax breaks because the company was profitable on paper. Which just meant more taxes paid on top of the 40%. And we all know that our taxes are figured off of amounts we never really had in our bank account.
And then to have him say that we should share the wealth...I didn't realize I was hoarding! And then to say small business owners need to pay mandatory healthcare! Just use the money I already gave you and give it back to my employees or take a little less and let me pay for everyone's healthcare!
What will the nation be like without small business? It looks like we are going to find out.
And it is hard to collect taxes from closed businesses.
Thanks for letting us rant a little!
way to go!
i know that feeling... of wanting my kids to know that i cared and cared enough to act on it. mine ws just a little ole local referendum last fall, but BOY! did it feel great to make a difference.
i love your pictures... and your passion :)
Wish I could have been there too!
Good for you for standing for what you believe in. BTW, I love the pictures! = )
~Christine
You go girl! I am so scared of what could happen to this country. I just keep praying that God pull us through this safely (or just come back and get us all) :-)
I so admire you for taking a stand...way to go, my friend! You have my full support and admiration. Perhaps if more of us followed your lead, our country wouldn't be in the situation it's in. We ALL need to step up and make our voices heard!
Look at you! Good for you for getting involved. I wish everyone would get involved and try to make this country the place that it could be.
Good job!
XOOX
Jen
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Well done for making a stand and taking part in this. I enjoyed your pictures.
Lindsay
x
Awesome! I too want to know that hard work counts for something. Good for you for going.
Wish I had been there with you, I admire your courage and couldn't agree more with you.
I love that you took a stand for something you believe in! I hate that the news did not cover this. It makes me very sad. Great post.
Kudos to you! You are a true patriot and an inspiration to so many.
My husband wants me to clarify (though I thought it was obvious) my comment above. What I said: at least one whole day's sales (if not more) go to pay taxes. What I meant: at least one whole day's sales from each week go toward taxes.
Thank YOu for this amazing post and for standing up and saying something and being there!!! Everything you wrote hit the nail on the head!!! We have to speak up and be heard! Praying for our country!
LuLu
Amen to that! I wish I could have been there myself. Thanks for going and taking a stand for all of us who couldn't !
I love the signs! They are all so true. Great job on going and standing up for what you believe in! I wish I could have been there.
And why wasn't it on the news? Because they don't want the world to know that the American people aren't as pleased with the current administration as they want everyone to believe. It's scary really.
Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving a comment :)
Post a Comment