Sunday, September 20, 2009

I'll Give You Something To Cry About...


Well, it's football season again.
My two older sons are playing flag football again this season (and loving it-), and we are still season ticket holders for the Detroit Lions. (Go Lions...)


But- It's getting bad...


Our boys have defected to any other team that will play them this season. We have stopped insisting they wear their blue and silver anything to the games.


You know it's bad when your own son won't wear the team jersey to the home NFL game:



...And insists on having his face painted in the opposing team's colors.



It's pretty bad when you and your other son plan to watch the game on TV, but he leaves because he would rather play video games than watch them lose again.
It is sad when your home team stinks so bad-you want to cry for them.

{And THIS is how I feel about football, to begin with!}

I tell you, this is so sad! It is cry worthy! {If you like football, that is...}

(Detroit Lions: 0-18...and that wasn't the score, that is the win-loss record so far~)


post signature

(...Who hopes the LIONS will win ONE this season...preferably the game I go to...)

7 comments:

Keelie said...

Oh no. That is pretty sad. I live in Cowboys country and I was just discussing with some Dallas die-hards how I am such a fair weather fan. (Although you seem like a pretty hard-core, loyal fan.) I need to know there is a decent chance of playoffs in the future to get excited. Hope the season gets better for you--well I guess there's not really anywhere to go but up, is there?

duchess said...

I feel your pain - my Carolina Panthers are struggling as well.
Oh well, what can ya do?

Leah said...

They are still young enough to be trying to find where they belong. Give them time they will come around.

Duchess: I feel the same way about the Panthers.

Mommy Mac said...

ROAR!!!!

Just come on down here to the Vol State...not for the Vols, but for the Red Bank Lions!!!

Kenny is assistant head football coach and defensive coordinator.

We are 4-0.

Picked to head to state this year.

We are royal blue, white, and black.

See, all your gear will still match!

I NEED you in the stands with me!

.mac :)

April said...

That is a bummer...I'm so sorry! My beloved Arkansas Razorbacks lost to the Georgia Bulldogs on Saturday and I'm STILL depressed about it! :(

Girly Stuff said...

So whose team is winning? Ours isn't either.

Dawn said...

so very sad! we are not that into nfl... but our high school team is in much the same boat. only the score this week was 0-49. yikes!