Friday, September 18, 2009

My Life~Just Another Day in Paradise...

Just a Day in the Life...Is it much different than Yours?
The song playing on my blog is the 'anthem' of this home. And so like my life these days...
The refrigerator is leaking~
(Which means no cold water, no ice...ugh!)
Happy Boy didn't poop in a diaper or his underwear (Yea!)....but (Oops!) on the floor...and then again at McDonalds. In his undies again~
(No, Kristin~ Not on the white carpet, at least!)
The dog ate a stuffed animal (again!) so there are many tears about the dearly departed...and then PEED on the bed I just got ready for an unexpected guest-my brother, who arrives this morning from Florida-
The cat threw up because the he ate a balloon string I TOLD the boys to throw away a LONG time ago~
and the washer overflowed because I crammed the comforter in it so it would be clean for my brother~
I am watching my neighbor's two youngest daughters this weekend as she goes out of town with the oldest on a special trip (I am sure they will be safe in my "oh so capable" hands)~
And trying to make it to two football games (with all the gear), and dance practice (with the right shoes) this weekend~
(The dog just ate a football mouthgard-this is just sick! Can't someone train her??!!)
My laundry is the size of a small country, and I still don't want to do it~(and you can't make me yet...we still have clean underwear-even Happy Boy...remember, it was on the FLOOR? He still has ONE clean pair...)
(The dog is currently eating cat litter (!!)...I. give. up!)
But you know what? I still wouldn't be anywhere else...
(exception: Minus the DOG...)

Just Another Day In Paradise

By: Phil Vassar

"The kids screaming, phone ringing, dog barking at the mailman bringing that stack of bills - overdue. Good morning baby, how are you? Got a half hour, quick shower. Take a drink of milk but the milk's gone sour. My funny face makes you laugh. Twist the top on and I put it back. There goes the washing machine- Baby, don't kick it. I promise I'll fix it. (Long about a million other things...)


Well, it's ok. It's so nice. It's just another day in paradise.Well, there's no place that I'd rather be-Well, it's two hearts, And one dream. I wouldn't trade it for anything, And I ask the Lord every night ~For just another day in paradise.


Friday, you're late. Guess we'll never make our dinner date at the restaurant. You start to cry, Baby, we'll just improvise. Well, plan B looks like Dominoes' pizza in the candle light. Then we'll tippy toe to our room. Make a little love that's overdue. But somebody had a bad dream-Mama and daddy, Can me and my teddy come in to sleep in between?


Yeah it's ok. It's so nice. It's just another day in paradise. Well, there's no place that I'd rather be...Well, it's two hearts, And one dream. I wouldn't trade it for anything-And I ask the Lord every night for just another day in paradise...


Well, it's the kids screaming... The phone ringing...Just another day...Well, it's Friday. You're late...


Oh yeah, it's just another day in paradise..."

What about you?
What is not so perfect, but still you know you are living in Paradise?

post signature

(...Who is living in a crazy kind of Paradise...and still loving it!)

15 comments:

Dawn said...

i love your attitude :)
sounds like you have a full weekend ahead of you! (what a nice friend you are!)
hope the pooping problem gets solved soon... for some reason my son was the same way. pee pee in the potty every time, but that pooping went on forever...

Annette said...

sounds like my house in fact... that is the song that my husband and I say is "our song"

Kristin said...

Yep. Your have managed to sum up my version of paradise... OK I admit it I wouldn't want it any other way!

Leah said...

I think you have spoken the SAHMs anthem. We are all overworked but wouldn't change a thing!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

You are speaking my language!!! I do love my life, but I would love it even more with a maid, a cook, and a personal assistant... and, just on ocassion, a nanny!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Letti said...

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has these kind of days. I hope today is better.

Lindsay-ann said...

I hope your weekend turns out to be poop free and a kind of 'less chaotic paradise' for you!
Lindsay
x

Mrs Montoya said...

I cruised over from Speaking From the Crib and love your pretty blog. Isn't all the chaos, and dust and dogs that eat stuff (I wrote about that this week, too!!) exactly what paradise is? Every time I am ready to give up on all of it I remember that there are people EVERYWHERE who are spending their life savings with the hope of just one pregnancy. One tiny person to love them. I'll happily take my two ~ mess and all. The dogs are a different story!!!!

Alice in Wonderland said...

I found your blog quite by accident, and I love it! This could be anyone's house on a hectic Friday! I know exactly how you must be feeling, except I live in England and it is almost 11:00p.m. here, so everything is peace and quiet...well for now anyway!
Yep, It's another day in Paradise, until tomorrow, anyway!!!

Mommy Mac said...

I love this song!!! I dance to it anytime I hear it!

I feel you on one thing after another.

Laundry...let's NOT go there. I let my clean laundry sit in our bedroom chair/floor as it trickled down for ONE full week. That's 7 days!

Casey is sitting with me right now watching me type and asking when dinner is as I hear him crunching sand in his mouth.

UGH.

Paradise.

You are absolutely right. Now, pass me the tequila, friend!

.mac :)

LuLu said...

I hear ya! it was one of those weeks. Wishing you a weekend of catching up and relaxation,
LuLu

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Thanks for that! This week hasn't seemed much like Paradise, I assure you!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

you have been awarded over at my blog! come check it out!

JennyMac said...

Hope you had a relaxing weekend! My definition of paradise is ever-evolving. LOL.

Girly Stuff said...

But see...if someone asked us if we wanted to head off to paradise, we wouldn't go because we wouldn't want to leave the kids!!