( Did you know that Jeep owners have a secret?-)A few years back, (B.C.: Before Children), Tin Man and I had a white Jeep Wrangler. We drove all over, towing our Jet Ski. We drove fast, with the doors and the top off, singing to the music on our pop-out CD/radio.
(Should I tell you? Do you want to know the secret??)
When you are in a Wrangler, as you pass another one-the drivers wave to each other. Always. No, you don't know them. It's like a secret club of Jeep Wrangler owners. (I'm serious! We did this, once upon a time...)
Can you imagine my excitement to be a part of this kind of club again? Well, I am...
...But it is with a twist.
If you have read my blog for a while you know I had a Trailblazer with a third row. (This means: super long ride for all the kids I tow now instead of the Jet ski and pop-out radio. We had a DVD player for my sanity, and I didn't have the doors that came off anymore, rather car seats with cup holders built in and extra booster seats for additional passengers that need a ride.) Before that particular stretch Trailblazer, there were several other Envoys, and Trailblazers that came after that Jeep we remember with such fond memories.

You also may recall that I hit many things with this (tank) truck. Including my husband's parked car once.
You read my blog? You have? O.K. You are right-I guess I was just trying to forget the details...I hit it three times. (Oops..So what! You can't make me link to THAT post! ...Fine HERE it is~I think I had a depth-perception issue with that vehicle...or something!I know it is not normal to hit your husband's parked car multiple times...Had to be the truck!)
So...when it was time to trade in that Trailblazer-Let's just say, NO TEARS WERE SHED. Not one drop.
I knew I needed a third row. (Lots of kids-)
And
Leather (Lots of Kids, and their food-)
And
Something smaller. (Lots of parked car incidents that I don't want to repeat-)
And
Something cheaper. (Lots of other things we need to spend our money on-)
But other than (all) that-I didn't care.
So now I am the proud (?) owner of a Buick Rendezvous. It is quite a bit smaller than my former Tank, and it fits in the garage. (!) I haven't hit my husband's car (yet~). It has a third row, and I traded in the DVD player for a sunroof-(getting a little closer to the Doors-off, Top-off Jeep Wrangler of our youth...).
However~
the only people waving to me in my ride, or complementing me on my vehicle choice are those from the geriatric crowd... At Target, an older couple asked me how I like my Rendezvous-"Comfortable, eh? Handles great, right?" ("Why, Yes Sir!~ It does!")
I now drive around and have noticed that the only other people on the road in my vehicle are the Baby Boomers, (and Beyond)!
But Here's the funny part: I don't care. This is the most comfortable, easy-to-drive car I have ever owned. No wonder they are all smiling and waving at me as we pass in a similar vehicle-

It's like the Secret Jeep Wrangler Club...just with a different generation!
So, What do you drive? What are your likes and dislikes about your vehicle?

(...who is ready to Rendezvous! )
P.S: May I ask a favor? (Just say yes...) My sister took a few months break from her blog, How Does Your Garden Grow. ~And now, She is Back!!!
Would you please stop over and say hi??? She has had good reason to take a break, and now she is back. Just don't inhale your coffee as you read-you just might spit it out on the computer. Someone I know did that! All I need to say is she has twins, and they are 18 months old...You have been warned....
Go HERE (Click on the word "Here")



13 comments:
Before our 3 kids were born my husband and I also had a white Jeep wrangler and towed a Seadoo jet ski. We had more fun in that thing, we remember most having the top off and smelling all the good smells of nature. We would cruise around Cincinnati and Kentucky, and you are so right about the waving to other jeep owners, kinda like the motorcycle crowd. After our son was born we got a jeep cherokee, a more responsible choice with a baby, and upgraded to a 18 foot boat. I also miss those jeep days, and every time we pass one I tell my kids all our fondest memories as we are sailing along in our biege minivan!! YUK Hopefully soon we will be in a Buik Enclave!! I can so relate to you and have a lot in common with you I really enjoy your blog each morning before my busy day officially starts. Have a great day Kris Kosco Medina OH
Well I bet your husband is quite happy with this super easy to handle Rendevous! I drove a Buick for a while when my boys were younger. I loved how it handled. They are the best. Someday when I am older, and probably in the geriatric crowd, I will drive one again! :)
I have been needing, well really wanting a new car all summer. I drive a 2005 Yukon XL, I'm tried of driving such a big vehicle and it has 103,000 miles on it! Tom swears that I can drive it another year but I just think he doesn't want to spend the money right now. He wants to get another Suburban but I want something smaller. Congrats on the new car!!
Hey there. Just hopped over and lovin' the reading I'm doing!
I'll trade you one Buick Rend. for a black Mustang convertible that hub just bought. It's a classic and runs! Whatcha think?
Diana
Right now I am driving Gary's mustang and let me tell you what, I HATE IT :) All the men I work with at my job get all excited about the 8 cylinders or something or other. WHATEVER! It is a ROUGH ride and I am totally not loving it : ). Kaish almost cries when I tell him I have to use that to get him somewhere! I am glad you are happy with your new ride!: )
hey there, I came here from April's blog (Straight from the heart) where she posted about the delightful giveaway she won from your blog. Anyway thought I'd take a peek in your world and say hi. :)
Hey mama!!
I drive a black Honda Accord.
We are CRAMMED in their with the love of a ZERO car payment!!
I think I could like an awesome little upgrade like yours...AWWWW, the room!
WE have a Jeep too!!!
Kenny is rebuilding a CJ5 1970 model I bought him for Chritmas last year!
He had a 1971 pink Jeep before this.
I always wanted a sunshine yellow jeep when I was single, but never indulged as the love of a no car payment won out.
I think I will regret that one day, but I am going to live it up in our new one once it is finished!
Kenny's thinking about painting it orange!!!
I love that man!
.mac :)
When my husband and I were in high school and dating he drove a light blue suzuki jeep. Safe? No. Fun? Yes.
I drive a 4Runner and will never go bigger nor will I drive a van, conversion or mini. I have a sunroof and paid the extra whatever to hang on tooth and nail to some coolness.
When possible I plan on a sporty BMW with a sunroof OR a big jeep with a roll bar.
I figure if I drive fast enough in either, my wrinkles will smooth out!
It's funny how our vehicles change with our priorities. Once upon a time I drove a slick little 280Z. These days I'm in a minivan and I swore I'd NEVER set foot in one of those. Good thing I'm used to eating my words. :)
Member of the former Saturn owners club... yes, back when they were a new company, it was all the rage to wave at eachother as you drove by in your new indestructible fiberglass panels vehicle :)
Nowadays we are on our second Escape. After seeing how Ducky handled a 50mph head-on hit-and-run collision, I decided it was worth another Escape to be safe.
Though hubby and I still pine for a Rubicon :)
I love your new car. I drive a Ford Fusion and I love it. It's just the right size for me, not too big and not too small.
Lindsay
x
CONGRATS!! I drive a blue van that my neighbor girl just made fun of last week. She is 9! But, it is reliable and paid for, so I hold my head high! ;0)
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Just hopped over and lovin' the reading I'm doing!
Web hosting india
Post a Comment