However, no one knows this at my house! We spend two nights a week at football practices. We spend Saturday mornings cheering for boy's games. We have college ball on the T.V. all day Saturday, and Pro Football games to watch on Sunday. I have the mold to make a FOOTBALL shaped cake! We EVEN have season tickets to the Detroit Lions. (That's dedication, folks!) I also took my boys to Virginia in the past year (ten hours away) and even made a detour to the Football Hall of Fame in Ohio. TWICE! (I actually had fun. My favorite part was the replication of the Superbowl rings. Seeing all those glittering diamonds-now THAT was incredible!)
Although a perfect weekend for me would entail shopping, a facial, or getting my nails done-the rest of my family would be doing the football thing because they love football. So...I watch football because I love them so very much.
Now, who is ready for some football?!?
Go U of M! Go State! Go Lions! Go Bills! Go Colts!
~Ruby Red Slippers, tripping over football cleats...



12 comments:
I am not a football fan either! BUT I have a feeling once JK gets older I too will be a token football fan! Enjoy your football weekend!!!!
I AM SO Laughing at this...you good mom, you!! I have three boys all on teams, so I feel your pain. Wait til they're a bit older and it's 4-5 nights a week...ugh, during football season, that is my life! Hope they did well today! I am ready for some football.
My husband is a BIG football fan. I feel sorry for him because he has nobody to enjoy it with him. My daughter and I try to be interested but we are not. I imagine if I had kids actually playing in football games I could actually start to be "ready for some football"
Lindsay
I'm not a real big football fan, but I love Arkansas Razorback football. Humor me here....Woooo Pig Soooie, Razorbacks!! Sorry I just had to get that out of my system. They're playing Florida today...hope they don't get creamed!! Enjoy your weekend!! :)
I can soooo relate to your post! LOL One season we were gone every night except Wednesday and on the weekends. It was too much for me but I do love all the memories. I have been to an SEC Championship once and my husband laughs at it now but I was more interested in the crazy drunk girl in front of us that mistook the wrong guy for her hubby!!!
We are HUGE GA Bulldog fans here!
GO DAWGS!!!!
My son is 4 and I can't believe they have organized football for 4-year olds out there!! I have been avoiding the subject even though my husband keeps talking about getting him started already. Ugh.
I get you...I have no love for football. We do baseball around here...which I like...I just wish it wasn't three nights a week. My dad always had football on our ONE TV! I guess it is some kind of mental block for me now...everytime my husband has it on I feel irritation. Thank goodness for multiple TV's now!
We don't have kids yet, but our house is football central as soon as the pigskin comes out of the locker room...oh, the day we do have children--i've put my order in for at least one girl :)
Found your blog through My Journey Toward: the Glamorous of a Housewife, so glad I did!
I love me some football. I am a huge OU Sooners fan. I also love the Tennessee Titan and The Eagles.. But not as much as I love BASKETBALL! Whoo Hoo. I get ESPN text messages on my phone to keep me updated on all the latest football and basketball news.. because although I love me some football and basketball a girl can't neglect her shopping...
Congrats on your cute boys...
i love mine, but sometimes i would trade him! lol!! (jk)
glad you stopped by my blog.
and Twilight is such a good book - movie comes out SOON! we are very excited over here. and you like some of the same authors i do too!
have a great week! Sandi
What fun! I have a significant other who eats, sleeps, breathes, dreams, skips (you got the idea) over FOOTBALL!
He just took my son to a college game this weekend and somehow my husband got my son to the back lot to get autographs and pictures after the game! He is CRAZY! He keeps dropping hints he wants to buy a van or truck for tailgating...
-Sandy Toes
Thanks for popping over to my blog. I love visitors. I was away for the weekend, so it was great to see 'mail' waiting for me... Your guys are gorgeous! My sister has three boys as well, all very handsome little people. I'm wanting one more. I think boys are the best too, although I wouldn't hand back a pink one if God sent one my way, but I'd be over-the-moon as well with a third little boy blue... Although, soccer season would be a similar juggling act to what you experience with your boys football. But loads of fun and a shelf full of prized trophies!!!
Post a Comment