Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Come On In...Transformation!

I need to start with a THANK YOU to all the crafty bloggers out there! If it wasn't for you, these things would have ended up in the trash or donated...Instead, you inspired me to TRANSFORM them! Do you see that basket at the top? (The boring, dated one...) It was getting ready to head to the dump, but at the last minute, I fished it out of the trash and gave it a second chance at life...
Tin Man thinks I may have had a lobotomy-I am not one to hold on to things. I ABHOR clutter!!! I like order and organization! Mr. Messy and Can't Part With Anything-I mean Tin Man (until he goes on a business trip, and his junk is cleaned out and tossed...by me!) is becoming impressed with the new me-I am keeping things I would usually donate or toss. This basket is one of those things.... .....it was transformed with black spray paint to modernize it, and I love it!!! So easy! So quick! Completed in five minutes!!! Here is its new home:

This is a little "nook" in our Master bedroom. This is where I am writing to you when I post! See the little basket? It now holds my notebook (to write down your blog ideas and recipes!), and some of my oh-so-many books, and stationary! So, Merci, CRAFTY BLOGGERS! This transformation is totally because of all your cool ideas, and inspirations! (I also spray painted the other baskets in the first picture-I just don't know where to put them yet...)


~Ruby Red Slippers (...quickly becoming a Spray Paint Fiend!)

20 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Soon you won't be without your glue gun and can of spray paint... everytime I go to Walmart..I am either picking up glue sticks or spray paint....it's equal to a gallon of Milk!

Very cute...what a sweet area to blog in!!!
-Sandy Toes

April said...

Great job on your transformation! Love the way the baskets look and I, especially, love your little nook. What a great place to sit and type away!

Now, I need to let some of that creativity rub off on me! It's definitely one area I'm lacking! There are so many great ideas out there...surely I can do something without it turning into a diseaster. Just don't be looking for pictures of my creations any time soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blogging area and we are so alike. I can't stand clutter!!!

Nice job. There is a lot of crafty bloggers isn't there.

Miss Sandy Toes is one of those really good ones! :-)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing.. the difference a little paint can add to something.. crazy.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your little computer knook! Very elegant and organised...

trish said...

Your basket looks great in it's new home with it's new paint! We are so alike. I hate clutter too! I keep my local consignment store in business! :o) By bringing "stuff" to them! :o)
I do the same as Sandy Toes ... I always pick up a can of spray paint at WalMart, when I am in there! I think I may get a can of spray paint in my stocking this Christmas! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Thank You for the nice comments about my nook-It was the former home of our cherry wood craddle when our boys were infants...we decided to pack it away...no more babies for us...unless another one appears magically, of course!

Brian and Becky said...

I am so excited you started a blog! ;) Nice to see you guys in the "off months". Looking forward to our Thanksgiving weekend par-tay!

Lindsay-ann said...

Great idea. Your basket make over looks wonderful. I would never have thought to do that. I have several tired looking baskets around here that could do with brightening up. Thanks for sharing your idea.
Lindsay

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Yippee! Good for you! I love the transformation!
Carrie

Annikke said...

THAT looks great! I love it!

Rae said...

Great job transforming the boxes! Love your blogging nook!!!!

Mrs Anne said...

Look at you fancypants! I love what you did! I am gonna have to do the same this weekend! Yay for spraypaint!

:)

Sweet Simplicity said...

What can't a can of spray paint do?? The basket transformation looks great!

HeatherPride said...

Fabulous! I love it!

Liz Harrell said...

What a cute little office/desk area! I'm always fascinated to see other people's computer spaces. The baskets look fab.

Girly Stuff said...

I am a thrower-awayer...much to my husband's dismay. Lately, I have been repurposing things. Do you like my new vocabulary word I learned. Maybe it is an age thing. I feel like my Granny lately. I am coming close to saving not just gift bags, but gift wrapping paper also.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Come over...I tagged you!
-Sandy toes

Get off that Facebook!

Unknown said...

Great job spray paint is the best thing since sliced bread!

Anonymous said...

ooooh they look great, I have a huge pile of baskets to do that do, great inspiration...yeah blogland makes you wanna get crafty doesn't it? love that

Sarah