Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Your Blog Could Be Listed-TWO Awards Given by Yours Truly!

***Shell in Your Pocket Has an Amazing Giveaway today...Go check it out!**
I tried not to make this a long post, but I have a Tag AND an Award to pass on to other fantastic bloggers... and if you stick around, you'll find out six things that make me happy.

The Book Award is by far my favorite because I would rather read than eat, shower, watch t.v....ANYTHING! Thank you to Straight From the Heart! This summer, I finished a book almost every other day. (I know, hard life!) So on my nightstand right now, is a book I am rereading by one of my favorite "steamy" authors-Susan Elizabeth Phillips. (*Note-Not appropriate to read to my little boys, but probably wouldn't hurt to read to Tin Man!)
Here are the rules: Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to do the following: Open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences...The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!!

Here is an excerpt from "MATCH ME IF YOU CAN":
"Who was the real man behind the multiple cell phones? On the surface, he was all polish, but she knew from Molly that he'd grown up with an abusive father. Apparently, he'd started rooting around in the neighbors' garbage looking for things to sell before he could read, and he'd been working ever since."

I am passing the book tag on to the following bloggers, because I want to know what they are reading when they are not blogging...
1. Smile! It's Becky!
2. Pages of our Life
3. My Journey Toward: The Glamorous Life of A Housewife
4. My Life With Boys
5. Girly Stuff


This is the Kreativ Blogger Award. (I think it is the most beautiful award!) I saw it on another blog, and was wishing I had one! Now I do!! Thank You, ~Notes of Sincerity~. I love this pretty, girly award!

Listen up for the rules, class...You need to list six things that make you happy, and pass this award on to six creative bloggers.

Six Things That Make Me Happy: (This is My Shallow List...)

1. A Super Hot Bubble Bath

2. Sleeping in A King sized Bed

3. Reading A Good Book I Can't Put Down

4. The Smell of 'Red Currant' Home Spray

5. The Real Housewives Shows on Bravo

6. Euchre

I would like to pass this award on to the following creative bloggers-You inspire me, you interest me, you are so dang creative!

1. Joys of Home

2. Shell in My Pocket

3. Bunch of Scrap

4. The Berry's Patch

5. Straight From The Heart

6. Cherry's Jubilee

~Ruby Red Slippers (Shh! I am back to reading 'Match Me If You Can'...again)

8 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Congratulations on your award and I love euchre too! Girl after my own heart!
Carrie

The Berry's Patch said...

You are so awesome! Thank you for the award. I could copy your list almost exactly. I haven't tried the red currant home spray yet. I'll have to try that one. Thanks again!

Brandee :-)

Em said...

Congrats on your awards! I love the idea of the book award... and thank you ;)

April said...

I am so blown away...thank you so much for the Kreativ Blogger Award!!! Wow!!! Don't know if I see myself as "creative" when compared to all the things you and many of my other blogging buddies do, but I appreciate your naming me so very much! I just do the best I can with what I have to work with. :) Congrats on yours, by the way!!

Looks like I need to get busy and pass this wonderful award on to some other lucky bloggers. Thanks, again, for making my day!! :) :) :) :) :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Thank you so much for the award! That is sweet...that is such a pretty award!!!!

I was tagged for that book page...but I didn't understand it! I guess I do now since I saw yours! You have always been a reader....I may read one book a year..isn't that bad?? Then I turn around and tell my kids to love reading!
-Sandy Toes

4funboys said...

I'm with you on the bubble bath...

Lions, Tigers, and boys... boys... boys.

I love it!

Girly Stuff said...

Thank you for the book award thingy! I enjoyed posting about it...and I love that you love books! It is a treat when I find another book nut!

Montee said...

I'm with you, I never miss The Real Housewives on Bravo. Oh, the drama!