Monday, October 27, 2008

Tin Man's Sticky Ribs-Get a Bib!

This is one to write down, so I'll wait while you get some paper and a pen...




Glad you're back! So here's the story on the Ribs-



Tin Man is an amazing cook. (I am not exaggerating. My mom got him a chef coat and said she expects him to wear it one day in his own restaurant.) He cooks because the boy just loves food! For now, my kitchen is shared with a messy, crazy chef.



Back to the story: Tin Man challenged his friend at work to a "Rib-Off", confident in his rib making ability. His friend brought in his wife's recipe, and Tin Man conceded that THIS rib recipe is by far the best he's ever had. (So after eight years, he calls it MY Sticky Ribs...) This will be in the restaurant one day...for now, you'll regret it if you don't go make in right now!!!




Tin Man's Sticky Ribs:





  • 3 slabs of Baby Back Ribs (doesn't need to be exact)




  • 1/4 cup butter




  • 2 onions; sliced




  • 1 clove of garlic; minced




  • Juice from 2 lemons




  • 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce




  • 4 Teaspoons of Yellow curry powder (Red is okay-yellow is sweeter)




  • 2 Teaspoons of salt




  • 1/2 teaspoon of pepper




  • 2 cups of brown sugar




Place the ribs in a large pot, cover with water , bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat,skim off foam. Cover the pot slightly, and simmer for thirty minutes. Transfer the ribs to a broiler pan or cookie sheet that has sides. When they cool, cut the ribs into 3-4 piece sections.




In a saute pan, melt the butter. Add the onions and garlic, and saute over medium heat until the onions are transparent, about 15-20 minutes; Don't rush this step, or they will burn.Add the lemon juice, soy sauce, curry, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Simmer (uncovered) until the ingredients are well blended, about 3-5 minutes.




Cover the ribs with the sauce . Cover, and bake for 2 1/2 hours at 300 degrees. After one hour, turn the ribs around a couple of times so the sauce covers each piece completely. You will need the full 2 1/2 hours...The ribs will be tender, but deeply glazed-very thick and very sticky and sweet! ENJOY!


~Ruby Red Slipper (...Who has the wipes?!)

20 comments:

Sondre Lyn said...

Oh, YUM! Do those look tasty! And I do love ribs... especially cooked by a MAN!!!

April said...

Those look so yummy!! I love ribs with a side of homemade potato salad. Nothing better as far as I'm concerned!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Those look extremely delicious...we may have to try them!! Your "writing" is so cute...I love your added "phrases"...have a great Monday!
-Sandy toes

Girly Stuff said...

It looks good and messy!

My husband loves to cook also. Which is good for the family since I do not like to cook.

He would probably argue that BBQ comes from Texas and no other recipe could compete! I'll let him see Tin Man's.

Anonymous said...

Yummy, thanks for sharing. I can't wait to make them :)

Our Complete Family said...

I buzzed over from Queen Bee's site today! Love this post! I'm so going to be back for way more visits with my cup of creamer and a bit of coffee added to it (I thought I was the only one that did that...so glad you like the 'fake coffee' as my hubby calls it!). Happy Monday hun~ Leslie

Janell said...

OH YUM! I am making these next week for sure!!! Thanks Tin Man!!!! BTW...I LOVE fake coffe too! ;]

J

Mother Hood said...

This looks and sounds so good! We love ribs at our house. I usually cheat by adding a TON of brown sugar to a pre-made BBQ sauce. But I've gotta mix it up every now and then! Thanks for the recipe.

The Berry's Patch said...

I'm salivating. I've got to go clean up. :-)

HeatherPride said...

I have been wanting an awesome rib recipe for YEARS! I can't wait to make this one! Sounds like a weekend project, though - I can't wait!

Lindsay-ann said...

Can I borrow Tin man some day? I would love him to teach my husband how to cook! I have given up.
Those ribs look so tasty.
Lindsay

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my gosh, thank you for sharing the recipe! We have been looking for a good ribs recipe for a long time! I am totally going to try these.

Also I am glad you got your award. I totally meant to come over here this morning and give it to you, and time got away from me! And yes, it's all because you shaved your legs! :)
Carrie

Kristin said...

So totally trying these this weekend.

Em said...

Those look yummy! Your Twilight sidebar link is so funny ;) I am dressing up Friday too ;) I'll be sure to post pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! They look SO great! You aren't kidding. I just read another great recipe tonight! Now I have 2 things to make for dinner this week! YAY! Thanks for sharing! I will let you know if they turn out as good as yours!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

This is not good...it's 11:15 pm and I am starving and trying really hard not to eat again before I go to bed....girl, you are CRUEL! :)

Anonymous said...

I will let my husband cook meat any day! He is so much better than me too.

April said...

You've been "Boo-ed"!! Go to my blog for a special little surprise! :)

Whitney said...

WOW!!! Those look scrumptious! They look like they taste exactly how I like my ribs! oh man oh man....

Brian and Becky said...

I think perhaps he may have to prove this this summer at the cabin. We'll bring the root beer. ;)