Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dinner Is At "Quiche Me's" House...


Come On In! Starting next Wednesday, I am going to invite you in to our house to see where we make messes and clean them up several times a day...you've seen my kitchen (Dirty and Clean), my office (Remember the green stripes, and chalkboard desk?), and my little nook where I blog (with the first basket I spray painted...)
However-We are not cooking tonight (the kitchen is a mess again-no pictures available!!),and the front door is locked. We are having dinner (and Sweet TEA!) at Quiche Me's house...and I know it's going to be good!


I would like you to meet our friends.




A few years ago, we met a new family at Kindergarten Round-up. I was drawn to my friend's easy smile, gentle southern voice, and her darling little girls. (I want one of those!!) I invited her to join a playgroup I hosted, and also discovered she was an amazing cook as well!



Our husbands became fast friends...



...and the kids all became buddies too. (Their oldest daughter is now as good of a football player as our boys! )Our two-year olds were born a month a part, and look so much alike, people assume they are twins! (They even had their own language together before they could talk...)



When one of our neighbors put up a "For Sale sign", we were delighted when our friends moved in next door! It has been such a blessing to have this family in our lives. It is an extension of our immediate family... (The Friendship! The Cooking! The Kids! The Fun! The Carpooling!)I also encouraged my dear friend to start blogging-she really is an amazing cook with delicious recipes to share. She also finds things at Salvation Army that I would walk by, but she makes something beautiful with them... and she is a kind (but firm) mom who always has a good perspective on parenting.



So when you get a free moment, please walk on over to Quiche Me's Blog-You will want what she's cooking,and you'll be delighted to make her a friend of yours too!


http://sugarandspice-threetimesasnice.blogspot.com/



~Ruby Red Slippers (...heading over for some Sweet Tea and Chicken Casserole. If you're nice, she might be persuaded to give a recipe or two...)

21 comments:

April said...

Isn't it great when you find a friend you REALLY connect with? It's such a rare and special thing...one to be treasured, for sure! It makes it even nicer when the hubbys get along so well, and the kids, too!! Just icing on the cake.

I'll have to drop by your friends' blog later and say "hello"!

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun! I will check out your friend's blog..sounds like she has some great recipes to share!
-sandy toes

Julie said...

that is awesome and I must confess I am super jealous...would love a close friend nearby!!!!
I am off to look at recipes!

Sondre Lyn said...

What a wonderful friendship! What a blessing! I can't wait to "pop-over" to her blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh, How fun to have such a good friend right next door!

I am loading up the welcome wagon and heading on over..

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Wow, you guys are so lucky to have such great friends right next door! I love that!
Carrie

Annikke said...

It is fun when you meet someone and immediately it is like you have known each other forever!

P.S. The doggie is doing really good! We love her!

Kristin said...

Yummy. What time is dinner? We are so there.

The Berry's Patch said...

Wow, she moved next door? That is so awesome. I would love for my friend that cooks to move next door. She would probably hate the extra company every night but I'd give her Thursdays off. :-)

HeatherPride said...

What a great tribute to your friend, and to have her family live right NEXT DOOR to you!! Wow! How much fun do you guys have!

QueenBeeing said...

We've got a "family" friend like that. Now if they'd just have one more kid, we'd be all set. LOL. What a blessing good friends are. Thanks for introducing us to yours! :)

Em said...

It's so fun to have a close friend like that :) Enjoy dinner!

Girly Stuff said...

I always love a fellow southerner! Sweet Tea rocks!

I'll check her out!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Hi, I saw you from Queen Bee! Next door! That is soo fun!! What a blessing! :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

What's really funny is that I shaved my legs last night and I thought of you. Isn't that nice to know, that I thought of you in the shower? :)
Carrie

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

Thank you for all the nice things that you said about me and my family. Reading it for a third and fourth time, it just brings tears to my eyes. We are so blessed to have you all in our lives. And it is my honor to have ya'll over for dinner anytime! Thankyou for introducing me to the blogging world, but most importantly thankyou for being the best friend and sister in Christ I could have ever asked for!!!! We Love you!

Whitney said...

Ah, great friends are such a blessing! And so are great recipes! :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

How fun to have her move in next store? No way!! I guess I can't complain, I have my best friend - sister in love- right next store as well, but that's it for our country neighbors. :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

Your little ones look like they could cause quite a ruckus one day! They are so cute together! Check out my blog today for a great giveaway!

Ms. Tee said...

That is so neat that your friends moved in next door! What a sweet story! :)

Our Complete Family said...

You lucky girl! Such good friends as neighbors? That rocks! I'll have to go peek at her blog. I'm sure it's awesome if she's your friend!!! Hugs, Les