Watch this video of our Dancing Boy-This is the day it all began...
(Did you catch his "signature move"? It's the Crazy Head-Bob!)
I introduced you to my littlest one in the post "My Itchy Baby", and next month, you'll be meeting my oldest. Today, I would like you to meet my "Dancing Boy"...
Dancing Boy is full of personality! He inheirated from my dear Tin Man (you think I am kidding, but I am not!)
As a baby, he fell down the stairs before he could crawl! (Thank God it was only four steps on carpet...) As a toddler, he ate the rocks right out of the fireplace and ate the raw rice in the sandbox by the handfuls, and of course, he ate the sand on the beach before I could stop him... Oh!-I was exausted chasing him and saving him from himself!
At five and a half, he has a smile or a hug to give, and always wants to share a cuddle. He loves to squeese my hand in our "super-secrect family code" to say I love you without words... He is a charming, easy-going little guy most of the time. (His favorite foods are marshmallows and jelly beans...that pretty much sums up our Dancing Boy!) He also plays football-but his favorite parts of the game are giving the other team his "scary face" and showing off after a touchdown...
(At his first Detroit Lions/Chicago Bears game this fall-on the FIELD! With the Ref! Telling the Ref he was a Chicago Bears Fan, Not a Detroit Fan!-I told you, PERSONALITY!)
At our cabin this past summer, there was dancing in the street with a live band. On the very first night, our Dancing Boy (who we didn't know was a dancing boy yet) asked me if I could hold his ice cream cone so he could go dance. He danced for the full TWO HOURS...Every week he would ask if it was dancing night-and we would go and watch him dance...By the end of the summer, he had a fan base!
Now, Tin Man has some rythmn, but he was a baseball player and hockey player as a kid. I was a soccer player without much rythmn...but somehow, our crazy genes have created this dancing boy...After his summer of dancing, he decided he wanted to take a dance class. So, we are now the proud parents of a Tap Dancer-who is actually pretty good! (He doesn't even care that he is the only boy in his class-he is there to DANCE!)



18 comments:
Love that video! What a great post!
My girls dance and there was one boy in my daughters class. He is SO Good and everyone loves to watch him!! Who knows???you may have a Broadway star!!! How fun!!!
-Sandy Toes
I love that video. Sounds like you have a great little guy. Great job mommy.
That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Your son has some serious dance moves!! The ladies better watch out when he gets older! I think it's so great that you got him involved in dance lessons. If it's something he loves to do, I say go for it!!! :)
Oh, I loved that video. Your little man has some fancy foot work.. and I am loving that head bob..
Thanks for visiting my blog! You have 3 darling boys. My son used to dance like that but now at 16, he doesn't like it so much.
That video is hilarious!
Check my blog tomorrow (the 18th) and I will post my popcorn ball recipe!
This is so cute! I'm glad that he enjoys dancing and doesn't care who watches him! I am way too embarassed to show off my dance moves!
We love your dancing moves Dancing Boy. Your dancing is fantastic. Enjoy your dancing lessons. You are a star.
Lindsay
Well, he is adorable! He ate rocks out of the fireplace? He is a little fireball too, huh? (Pardon the pun!)
Carrie
How are all those people sitting there so calmly in their lawn chairs when THAT is happening in the street! I would have been clapping and whooping it up for him!
He's the next blond Gregory Hines!
Aw, I love that you have a super secret family code! I'm gonna go make one up. Right now.
That cracks me up! I hope he never loses that freedom to be himself! My son's rhythm is all in his hips, which is super funny for a little boy!
How adorable ~ love the energy!
Thanks for stopping by, it's nice to meet you!
Jo
Your boys are so adorable!! JK is taking dance lessons too. He LOVES it! He's the only boy in his class but is of course too young to notice. I hope he sticks to it!!!
I love young men that have the chance to dance.
Love your blog-I plan on coming by often!
Oh I just loved this post! I think it is awesome that you are letting him take classes. The video was too cute. Did you see the kids that danced on "Dancing with the Stars" last week. They were only 11 and I couldn't believe what they could do.
BTW, I think you are a talented writer!
Thanks for my award! I have to finish up some things and will be doing it soon.
Oh my giggles! That video was such a hoot! Loved the head move.
What a doll.
The video is GREAT!!! Oh, enjoy your dancing boy!!!!
Post a Comment