"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."
~William Wordsworth
I did it.
I finally did it:
This is a year of my blog in three volumes.
Why did I have it published?
It is a history of my family-
The recipes we've made-
The stories that make us "US"-
The way our house looked-
The cute things they have done to bring a smile to my face-
And one day- when my boys are teens- and tell me how much I must not love them because I won't let them do whatever it is they want to do- I will have these books to remind them I have loved them so much-I have written a love story to them-
Because that is what my mom did. The impression was lasting....
As a teen, my mom and I were always arguing. Or rather, I was arguing, crying, being dramatic-and she was trying her best to deal with me. One morning, after storming out the door to school with a, "YOU DON'T EVEN LOVE ME! IF YOU DID, YOU WOULD LET ME SPEND THE NIGHT AT SANDY TOE'S HOUSE! YOU ARE SO UNFAIR! YOU ARE THE MEANEST MOM IN THE WORLD!!!"
Yep. That was me-Little Miss Over-Dramatic.
I got home from school that afternoon to find a mossy green book on my bed. {The bed I had left unmade, and messy-now made up, and straightened...by mom, of course.} I opened the book, and discovered it was a journal.
A journal in my mom's handwriting.
A journal about me.
From birth.
Little stories of how she loved kissing my little baby toes-
How worried she was when I got my first cold with a fever.
The funny things I did as a toddler.How much she was in love with me-her first baby.
I sat on my bed, with tears dripping off my chin.
Oh, the remorse I felt for my anger at her that morning.
I can't say it made the rest of my teen years go by with little drama-but it did change how I viewed my mom.
I knew she wanted what was best for me.
I knew she was my biggest champion.
I knew when she prayed each day-I was in her prayers.I knew.
Then I got married.
I had my first baby.
And then I REALLY knew-
I knew the overwhelming love of being a mom.
I finally got what she had been trying to tell me with her written words.
...And so-
I have kept journals for all my boys from the day I took each pregnancy test:
The journals have morphed into this blog:
And that's the story of why I am now a "published author".
For them.
Always for them-





12 comments:
I've seen these before & thought it was such a great idea. I've been contemplating doing ours as well & probably will soon.
They look beautiful & I know your boys will love having them.
That is so neat!
I need to do the same! Can you recommend a publisher? Love your blog.
That is so sweet! I want to publish mine too-someday I will need to do this!
Love that idea! That's awesome you have journaled for your boys.
What a great post! I've been keeping journals since I was in 5th grade. I really became "obsessed" with it when I learned I was pregant with Brittany. I wrote about our quest to have her and continued all throughout my pregnancy up until now...same with Abby. I bet I have 30 or more journals in my hope chest just for my girls.
I've looked at publishing my blog, but it was so expensive. Who did you go through to have yours turned into books?
OK-RRS.....tell us where you got this done-awesome! Oh, and thanks for making me cry during the middle of the afternoon--tears are good!!
THAT is exactly why I blog!!! Nurse Boy and I were just talking about how we need to get started on our publishing of our blog. I think they will love the insight later on! Great minds think alike, don't they?!
Hey, what website did you use? Was it user friendly?
Mrs. NB
****About the books: I used www.cutestblogontheblock.com, but also have heard great things about www.blurb.com.
Cutest Blog was very user friendly, and very easy! I chose not to include the comments-less pages, and you can choose from soft or hard covers-I did hard cover, and love them.****
Thanks so much. I will check both of them out. Congratulations on creating your family treasure.
lovelovelove....
my mom made me a book last year... of all of my posts. of course i cried :) like a baby.
but i really love that you have all of these words written down. those boys of yours are so very lucky...
You are amazing!
Post a Comment