The only question I am asking myself is: WHY DID I WAIT THIS LONG?!
I really should have done this a long time ago.
But when you are afraid of an outcome, you procrastinate.
Or at least, I do-I admit.
So our Kitchen Table. (Yes. It is capitalized because...because I felt like it-)
The day we brought The Kitchen Table home, it got scratched coming in the door. A huge scratch-over six inches long, right down the middle of the table.
Over the years, and many more scratches, food disasters, pen marks, glue spots from school projects later-
The Kitchen Table is a disaster.
{Usually, I put a tablecloth over it when we have company.}
The Kitchen Table is an embarrassment.
{The chairs are even worse, but their story is for another day~}
The Kitchen Table needed to be painted, [cleaned], or thrown out (-but we didn't have the option of buying a new one-).
It really was that bad.
See:
See:
and See:
So, I told my husband about my plan. He thought it was worth a try.
{This has only taken me six years to address the big white elephant in the kitchen-also known as the DREADED KITCHEN TABLE.}
And so, I got started on the Kitchen Table...
{Cue the suspenseful music~}
I was very nervous-Would I be doing an amazing thing? Or, would I be crying because I had ruined the table that I adored? Would we be eating on a card table from now on (-because I promise you-three boys would NOT be eating in the dining room for much longer!!!)
{Come back, and find out tomorrow.}

(...Who can't believe she is making you wait, but she is~)




14 comments:
Oh, my goodness...is that ever heartless? Making us wait a WHOLE DAY??? Pure agony, I tell ya! :)
I can't wait to see what you have done! I am sure it looks awesome.
Sincerely ~ Trish
I'll bet she turns out beautifully. Can't wait to see.
I can't believe you're making us wait either. I'm so glad though, that someone else has the same procrastination problem that I do! I thought it was just me!
I'll just say it...you are a tease! can't wait to see what you've done. We have a problem table too but that will be a tackle for another day (or year).
I'm like you...if I don't think I can accomplish a project, I don't even start...and quite honestly, most of the time I don't even know WHERE to start. I don't know about construction and putting stuff together, etc. I have two old pieces I bought in a junk store about 10 years ago. One is a dressing table...still in good shape. And the other is an armoire...practically falling apart after about 3 moves. I believe it can be salvaged and nailed or screwed back together (the bottom fell out), but my husband says it can't...I'd like to tackle it myself because I KNOW he aint!!! LOL So anyway...I feel ya girl! But you can do it!
I can't believe you are leaving me in suspense like this... Darn it!
Tomorrow? We can't wait until tomorrow! Look forward to finding out what you did/what happened to your table.
Lindsay
x
Can't wait to see it. I hate our table (it was a freebie so can't complain) but it is so outdated but I am afraid to paint it but want to try.
I hope your redo will give me courage to paint or restain or whatever.
The waiting is killing me...
Such a tease (and this is my first time to stop by)! I think KTs are hard to tackle because they're always being used for SOMETHING...ours is still in the need-to-be-painted state after 3 years, but we're giving it away in a month, so oh, well.
i don't wanna wait! but i guess i have to. i have painted mine... and the top looks like there is a table cloth on it :) but it needs to be re-done and i am procrastinating...
Does that mean you've already made it fabulous, or does that mean you are working on it today and will tell us tomorrow if it turned out okay?
can't wait to see what you have done! I am sure it looks awesome.
indian classified site
Post a Comment