When I was in college, I had a friend who was a vegetarian. This was her "signature sandwich".
I have never been one for deli sandwiches-I don't like the slimy texture of cold deli meat-I will never order one. But she said, "You need to try my sandwich, I promise, even YOU will love it."
I did, and I was hooked.
We now visit a deli near our cottage-and whenever we stop in for a sandwich, the owner just looks at me and says, "You want your usual?"
Recently, she told me she is thinking of adding my "signature sandwich" to her menu!
Me, having a deli sandwich named after her? How crazy is that?
Well, here it is...
"The Fromage Sandwich"
You are making a fancy cheese sandwich.
You need cheese. (That is what "Fromage" means in French)
(My title was just to draw you in out of curiosity! Sneaky me!)
Swiss or provolone are the best:
I then add sprouts, and cucumber slices:
(Don't you put the second slice of bread on just yet!)
You need to add Italian dressing, and mayonnaise.
That mixture is what makes it...and I don't really like mayo. (Quirky, I know!)
That mixture is what makes it...and I don't really like mayo. (Quirky, I know!)

(...who may have a sandwich named after her, soon!)




13 comments:
Oh yum! :o)
that actually looks yummy to me! I love subs and deli sandwhiches and my daycare kids and I are talking about pic nics this week... maybe we will try your sandwhich!
That looks good!!!
So shall we call this the Ruby Red Slippers Sandwich?
Looks delicious. I have a sandwich for lunch everyday so may give it a try. I had to laugh about 'sprouts' as we call that 'cress'. What we call sprouts you would not want in a sandwich! LOL
Lindsay
x
Press that same sandwich in a skillet with another skillet with a little olive oil, omit the mayo...a nd make it a Panini!!!
Sounds great though!!!
Ruby Red's Fromage Sandwich...mmmmm
I'm a big sandwich FAN so this sounds super yummy!
That sandwich looks just wonderful to me! Yum!
I love a good sandwich and this one sounds delicious! I don't like mayo either so you're not weird.
Mmmmm, that looks so good. I think I could live on sandwiches!
XOOX
Jen
That sounds like a good sandwich! I love bean sprouts and cucumbers on sandwiches.
Wow that looks yummy, when I go to Subway I tend to go for he veggie delight which isjust cheese and the veggies. I dont know why but cheese and veggies s just so delicious to me. Your sandwich looks good I just may have to try it sometime.
That looks good!!!
indian classified site
wouldn't that be exciting to ahve your own sandwich?! wow! it looks tasty :) and since i don't like mayo either... and you said it is good... i just might try it :)
Post a Comment