Come On In! HERE is my bedroom. Did you take a look at the pictures from the linked post? Today I will show you what has changed since the last post....
***
I got a new headboard. (!!!)
BUT~
It has turned out kind-of like an "I Love Lucy" episode.
You know-
Lucy has a great {but crazy!} idea.
Her husband {who loves her, but can't keep up with all his wifes's zany ideas-} gives her a 'look'.
The look that say, "LUCY! What are you up to now?!"
I got one of those looks lately.
Because of my new headboard:
It is pretty isn't it?
My husband doesn't think so.
He's giving me the "look".
{What?}
What could be wrong with finally{!!!} splurging on a new headboard for our bed?
Maybe it is because it is red.
We do have a lot of red in here.
{Oh. That is not it?}
Hmmm.
Not sure what's not to like~
Could it be because it fell on top of us as we were sleeping?
{It could be...Definately on the right track-}
It is inflatable-and during the night it deflated and flopped over on us...
Tin Man was not mad, just confused.
...And thought I was trying to smother him in his sleep, until he rolled over to see I was buried under it as well-
{"Honey, who-WHO buys an inflatable headboard???"}
I swear, it was a Lucille Ball moment.
{"I didn't know this was really bothering you-If we need a headboard-just buy a REAL one!"}
Well, good!
Now we are on the same page.
We both agree we need a real headboard. And the inflatable one is headed back to Overstock.com...
...But, I am sure there will be more moments like this-there always are around here!
(...Who is still on the hunt for the perfect-for-me headboard. I can tell you -from experience- inflatable is not such a great choice-but they are cheap if you need one!)




18 comments:
this made me laugh... I didn't even know they made those. lol. Good luck on your search!
Oh no! *giggle*
I hope you find the perfect headboard.
Oh that is funny! At least it was an inflatable headboard that fell on you and not a real one.
Make your own, they are not hard to do.
Oh boy! That is too funny! :o) We still do not have a headboard because I really want to make one and have not found the "exact" look I am going for. Something white and shabby chic - ish.
I hope you are having a wonderful day.
Sincerely ~ Trish
An inflatable headboard??? That is definitely a new one on me! :) Glad you survived the close call...and, no, I didn't laugh to myself,at all, about it! LOL!
what will they thnk of next? Inflateable headboard....wow!
Tears in my eyes.
Take it to the lake and float on it.
Good luck on the hunt for a headboard!
you are too funny. an inflatable headboard? who knew they even existed!? glad the two of you weren't smothered :) good luck finding the perfect real headboard!
I have never heard of an inflatable headboard : ). Leave it to you to find the most exciting finds on the planet!
I don't do it often, but I chuckled a little outloud while reading this. I can very easily see Tin Man saying this to you in his, "I'm not sure why I even have to ask this" voice.
Good story
That's so funny. I didn't even know you could get inflatable headboards! I couldn't tell from the picture, it looked great. Our new headboard is suede and it's ok. My husband wanted a soft headboard as he finds it more comfy for sitting up reading in bed. I was suprised that there were very few soft headboards about, they all seemed to be suede or leather. I nearly covered my old one with new fabric but then decided on the suede one. Maybe you could do that with yours, I know how good you are with the staple gun!
Lindsay
x
This seriously made me laugh. Made me laugh hard. I am still laughing. I got the visual of it deflating... Oh my goodness. TOO FUNNY!!!!!!
HA! HA! You really had me crackin' up. I've never heard of an inflatable headboard, but I'll bet they're comfy to lean back against. Still, I can't think that it would be very safe if it's falling over on top of you. Ya gotta breathe!
That is hilarious!!! It looks pretty, though!
Mrs. NB
Didn't even know they made such a thing!
Keep up the giggles, Lucy.
Seriously, I had to reread this a couple of times.....I thought you said the headboard was inflatable. Oh, you did--that and the whole story is sooo funny. My hubby is gonna love this!
Hey, look into making a upholstered headboard. I have seen tutorials all over--we bought our from Restoration Hardward but I know we could have probable made it--check it out!
Hey! Go to 3 Men and a Lady blog (look on my blog list) she did a cute upholstered headboard!!
Where have I been?!?! I didn't even know they made inflatable headboards?!?!
Cracking up because this totally sounds like something that would happen to me!
Thanks for the laughs! :)
(oh, and this TOTALLY qualifies as a True Story Tuesday if you want to link it up next week for some free traffic! :)
Post a Comment