Saturday, April 10, 2010

***STRESSED OUT***

Heart Pounding~
{Good Save, Buddy!}

Blood Rushing~
{Great Kick, Sweetie!}

Hands Sweating~
{Good try, honey!}

Nerves Jumping~
{Nice one, Buddy!}
~~~~~~~~~
No way,  not my son.
He is cool, calm, collected~
while I am a ball of nerves...


...because I am the mother of the soccer goalie.

post signature
(...Who is kind-ofwell, sort-ofno, not really- excited as Spring Soccer  begins again...)

19 comments:

duchess said...

That really is tough. Brayden played goalie last fall in soccer & I was a mess. Well, now we've moved on to baseball & yes - he pitches sometimes - ugh! Let's just say that I pray a lot during baseball games.
Hope you have a great weekend.

Sandra said...

I have never seen indoor soccer... do they do that with football and baseball too? so cool!!!!

Jen said...

My nephews play both soccer and hockey and I've watched them play as the goalie several times and YES it is stressful!! You're right they are so calm about it!!

Kristin said...

I am a total mess when Will was playing baseball. I wuld hold my breath the entire time he was at bat. Much more stressful for us than them.

Lindsay-ann said...

Loved seeing the pictures of him playing. Sorry you were so stressed out watching!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and can take some time to relax.
Lindsay
x

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

~yeah~ that can be a totally stressful "mom" position to be in...it is hard to just stand by and watch them at their sports and activities sometimes. You just want to jump in and catch the ball for them!

Happy Saturday, my friend!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Bless your heart. I am sure that the feeling never goes away--stressed! Life of a mom and especially a soccer goalie mom!!

trish said...

It sure looks like he is having a great time down there on the green! :o) I think I would be just like you! :o)
Sincerely ~ Trish

Alita said...

You must be a proud mama. Soccer is so much fun! Enjoy this upcoming soccer season chica.

Julie said...

this post totally made me smile :) Love the pics

Shell in your Pocket said...

Just wait if he ever tries out, travels and plays select...some days I can't handle the nerves...the constant pressure of playing "good" to keep your position...

"G" plays goalie..."Z" does not...I could not handle it!

have fun...we are leaving for a game in 40 minutes :)
sandy toe

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

You're supposed to be a nervous wreck~that's how they stay calm and collected! :) At least that is how it always seems to go!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I completely understand... Dimples and Bruiser STINK at goalie and I couldn't be happier. However, one of Dimples' best friends is a goalie and I have to hold my breathe while his mom is a cool as a cucumber!

Mrs. NB

Cindy said...

I totally get this! Whenever my daughter played goalie, I was a NERVOUS WRECK. My husband never could understand why...maybe it's just a "mom thing." LOL!

Girly Stuff said...

I would be a nervous wreck too!

mysteryhistorymom said...

It's not easy being a Mom sometimes, dear friend. I understand!

I am SO glad that you got your hands on The Help and you liked it!:) I will let you know when we discuss it. I have a few other friends that read it and loved it, too. Wish we all lived closer, but I'll see what I can do about bringing us together.:) Lori

The Berry's Patch said...

You sound like me. Whenever my son plays goalie I'm on pins and needles...please god, please don't let them get a goal while my son is goalie. :-)

Mommy Mac said...

WOW!

You will never guess this, BUT...

I played goalie my last 2 years in college.

Defend til the end!

.mac :)

sanjeet said...

It sure looks like he is having a great time down there on the green!
free classified india