Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tie A Bow On It: Weekend Wrap-Up

I was going to titlle this post, "Heading to the SUH-per Bowl", but unless you are a die-hard Detroit Lions Fan, you don't get what I am saying.
 You may be thinking a couple of things instead:
1. The girl can't spell. Especially the word, "Super Bowl"
2.  Who is thinking about football in the Spring??

(Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh with his DETROIT LION jersey after he was selected as the second overall pick in the first round of the NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions)

Don't Fret!!!
I have the answers to your burning questions:
I can spell.  Sometimes... Okay, not really. I spell MUCH better with Spell-check..
MY family was one of many here in Detroit thinking about football in the Spring!
We went to the NFL Draft Day in downtown Detroit at our stadium (Ford Field) last Thursday night. This is one of our family traditions that I love even while I don't necessarily love football~

Bouncy things for the kids while watching the NFL drafts on the overhead screens.
So. Much. Family. Fun.

We took our best friend's daughter- and left Happy Boy with her family-She has joined us before, and again had a wonderful time with us~
Maybe I should have labeled this post, "Die-Hard LIONS fans"....
(But I was thinking that title surely wouldn't draw the crowds...I am kidding-)


As you know,this past Friday, we went to visit our Favorite Uncle who has terminal lung cancer.
Thank you for all your kind wishes and prayers-My uncle is in good spirits, and knows this life isn't the final life, so he is at peace with the outcome.
Our littlest son, Happy Boy, was so excited to see his uncle! He didn't even notice the medicines all around him, or the oxygen mask. Happy Boy just said, "Oh, Hi Uncle Stan! Give me a kiss right here (pointing to his cheek-)." and then promptly jumped up on his lap, and said, "I want to sit right with you!"
I had to snap a picture of this, it just melted my heart:

I can  understand -through watching my own children-what Jesus meant when he said, it takes child-like faith.
[Matthew 18:3 (New World Translation) "and said: "Truly I say to you, Unless You turn around and become as young children, you will by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens."]

Kids don't worry about saying the right thing, or doing the right thing-they just are. I love that.

This weekend while it has rained, I also took some time to read {-in between dance, soccer games, and soccer classes, an ice cream social, and friends over for dinner-}. I have been working on finishing up this book:

...and I think I need the cliff-notes!
I have found myself setting it down to start other books, because although it is good, it hasn't 'grabbed' me. You know what I mean?
But I am determined to finish it. At least I better-it is due back to the library on Monday.

This weekend, I also found myself listening to this in the car on the trip to Ohio to visit my Uncle:
You can't help but feel the presence, and the peace of God while listening to Hillsong! I adore this CD. One of my very favorites, for sure. (Thank You, Kylie for this- in case I forgot to tell you!)
post signature
(...who had a wonderful weekend...How about YOU?)

7 comments:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Love hearing about your weekend. I am sorry about your Uncle, but agree we all need to have child like faith all the time--love Hillsong!

RaD said...

Well now I don't feel so bad being a Rams fan. I know they had the worst record this past season, but the Lions were not far behind! May they both have a better season this year and not decide they need to combat each other for the #1 draft pick :)

Unknown said...

I am praying for your Uncle! I love that he is at peace!

I also love your tradition. I remember when you went last year. sort of : ) It is so fun having blog friends.

Leah said...

Looks like you all had fun on draft day.
I am sorry to hear about your uncle. Cancer is a terrible thing.

Rachel said...

Can I just say that the part about Uncle Stan was heartmelting? In such a good, good way.

Children have a way of reaching out and absolutely finding the very most important thing. So glad he was able to love on his Uncle Stan!

sanjeet said...

I love that he is at peace!
indian classified site

Dawn said...

how fun to keep traditions! one day i hope happy boy gets to go :) looks like fun! and your visit with uncle stan... beauty. sounds like the smiles must have outweighed any tears!