I need to remind you first how much I love my mom and dad.
I really do.
{Really.}
Go HERE or HERE to read the posts about my really wonderful and amazing parents. Then read on...
So I was {trying!!} to call my mom and dad. This has been a lesson in patience lately.
It went like this:
{ring, ring~}
Hello?
Hi Mom.
Hello?
Mom! Hello! It's me!
Hello? Hello?! {Talking to my dad:} Dan, It is another crank call, I am hanging up.
{Mom hangs up on me.}
{I call back-}
{ring, ring:}
Hello?
Mom-It's me-
Oh hi honey, was that you who just called?
Yeah, I think something is wrong with your phone again-
Really? You do?
Yeah, because sometimes you can't hear me, but I can hear you-I heard you a minute ago when I called.
Anyway, I wanted to talk to you, and tell you I've been a bit stressed-
Hello? Hello? Honey are you there?
Mom, Can you hear me? I am here!
Hello??? Hello?! {Talking to my dad, again-} Dan, I don't know why she calls us on her cell phone! She must be in a bad cell area like last week.
{Mom hangs up on me...AGAIN}
{I call back-and-for the record- I am NOT on my cell phone-I am at home!}
Hello?
It's me, again mom.
Hi, Honey- You know, why don't you just call me when you get home-I worry that you could crash, it is dangerous to talk on the cell phone and drive, you know. And I can't hear you anyway-
Mom, I am at home-I'm in the kitchen-
Well, something is wrong with your phone, honey.
It is not my phone-It is yours-remember last week when we were talking? Same problem.
You think it is our phone? Oh dear. I'll tell your dad-Dan, she thinks its our phone-yes-ours! Honey, dad wants to talk to you...
Hello?
Hi dad-I do think it's your phone...but anyway, I was just calling-
Hello?
HELLO, DAD. I CAN HEAR YOU-
Hello??? {Talking to my mom, now-} Sybil, Did you tell her I wanted to talk to her? HELLO???
HELLO! I AM HERE!!!
HELLO?? {Talking to my mom, again-}Sybil, she isn't here-
DAD, I AM HERE! HELLO!
{Click. Dad hangs up on me...}
{Ring, ring-}
Hello?
Dad, it's me-I'll make it quick-Would you mind praying for me? I am really stressed out right now, and I just wanted you and mom to pray for me, Okay?
Sure, honey! You know we will. And make sure to get your phone checked-I think something is wrong with it...We'll see you for dinner tomorrow night.
Umm, Okay, Love you-
Love you, too-Remember, tell that husband to check that phone out.
K. Bye, Dad-
Bye.
{Click.}
This has been going on for a month. Every one phone call to my parents takes ten to finish a conversation.{Or part of a conversation-I have just been waiting to talk to them in person because you can't finish the conversation really!}
I guess this is one way to practice patience...
(...whose parents are wonderful, but have a very annoying phone-Yes, mom-It is YOUR phone!)





21 comments:
That is cute...well, if you are just reading it and not "living" it :). My mom got "call waiting" and the first couple months we could barely talk and she couldn't let one phone call go "by"...it was crazy!
have a good day...Debbie
I needed this laugh this morning. I hope they get their phone fixed soon.
Oh my goodness! That sounds like my husband's parents, LOL! too funny! I can see how frustrating that would be though! Maybe a new phone for mother's day would suit your mom, haha!
Hahah!! LOVED this post! So cute! I am sorry to read you stress. Please know you will be in my prayers as well!!
Hope you get that phone fixed!! ;)
I am sorry you are stressed, I do hope things work out for you. (I think it must be something in the air).
The phone troubles sounds like it could be between my mom and I. LOL, I was so tired of not being able to get a hold of my mom when I needed to that I showed up at her house with a new phone.
Too funny! I'll pray for you as well. Take care.
LOL this is too funny!
You are in my prayers!! :)
this is so funny and I read every word! LOL So when you go over to their house for dinner, take them a new phone! That will solve the problem. LOL
that was so funny... well for me to read anyway, I am sure not for you!
That totally cracked me up!!!
LOL - that cracked me up! I hope they got it fixed!
XOOX
Jen
At dinner, present them with a brand new phone...
I hope your stress diminishes...
prayers...
Buy her a new one and surprise her
: ) I am glad you live close to your parents. Me too! I can't imagine being far from them. They are so important to our family.
I am laughing with you. Only because if I get on the phone, I'm the one saying, "hello? hello? HELLO?!?" and it has nothing to do with a phone and everything to do with being profoundly deaf, LOL! :)
(Hey, if I can laugh at it... :)
Yes! Your folks need a new phone! Or at least to learn how to text message, right???
I am laughing with you. Only because if I get on the phone, I'm the one saying, "hello? hello? HELLO?!?" and it has nothing to do with a phone and everything to do with being profoundly deaf, LOL! :)
(Hey, if I can laugh at it... :)
Yes! Your folks need a new phone! Or at least to learn how to text message, right???
I agree with Rachel... sounds like they need to learn to text! ;0) I hope all is well with you guys! I just said a prayer for you!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
How funny, I have the same issue with my Grandparents. Of course they have that wonderful magic jack, ugh I dont like that thing at all. It is definitely a test of patience. Even before magic jack they had another phone that made them whisper so low I could hardly hear them. when I tried explaining that there answer was but you CAN hear us. Ugh I gave up. On to the next one. Thanks for the giggle I think I need to go call my grandparents now.
Come check out my blog http://carribear0620.blogspot.com/
Hello,
I'm a first time visitor to your blog... but found this story totally funny. :)
Good luck with that phone. And your stress.
Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com
Sounds very frustrating (but amusing to us) - you definately need to get them a new phone!
Sorry you are going through a stressful time at the moment. I will pray for you. You have my e-mail if you want to 'chat'.
This will make you giggle! We spent ages last week trying to explain to Tim's Mum that memory foam in mattresses is not designed to improve your memory!!
Lindsay
x
Hmmmm.... Is she going to read this and take the hint?
Awe how cute! I wish I could talk with my parents like that. They are beyond supportive but we have never been lovey-dovey close... I WILL be with my kids though - I know how much I am STILL missing it from my mom and dad!
Post a Comment