I am serious~I married one crazy chef! I am SO thankful that figuring out dinner and grocery shoping is not on my 'homemaker' list of tasks to complete each week, however, He LOVES to do it~
As we discussed what to cook this year for Easter {as my family planned to come over as usual~}, Tin Man decided he wanted to cook a brisket. {Don't ask ME too many questions about what a 'brisket' is, because all I know about it is that it is a hunk of beef.}
He remembered years ago trying a brisket that was cooked in Coca Cola, and LOVING it.
So he did his research, and on the Coca Cola website, this is what he found. This is what we ate for Easter this year. My Tin Man scored major points all around with my family for his delicious Brisket...{whatever kind of beef that is}!
The Perfect Coca Cola Brisket:
Whole beef brisket
Bottle of chili sauce
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 can Coca Cola
Combine all ingredients in a large roasting pan. Cover and cook slowly at 325 degrees F until fork tender, about 3 hours.
Coca Cola Barbeque Sauce:
{Which he made for the brisket as a gravy~}
1 12 oz Coca Cola
1-1/2 Cup Ketchup
1 Cup Finely Chopped Onion 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Worchester Sauce
1 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Salt
Hot Pepper Sauce (Tabasco etc) to taste
Bring ingredients just to boil, then reduce to simmer for 30 to 45 minutes and sauce thickens.
Where are the pictures of the brisket you ask???
We took family pictures instead:
{Did I distract you with a family picture? ...No?!...Well, I confess-I forgot to take pictures of the brisket!!!}
Well, here is one more picture to distract you:
A big thanks to Our Kylie in Australia! She sent us a care package filled with goodies, and touched my heart by sending my littlest one his own special (allergen-free) cookies...Thank You, Kylie!!

(Who loves Tin Man's Coca Cola Brisket...even if I am not sure exactly what a 'brisket' is~)




10 comments:
You have a beautiful family and sweet friends, I'm so glad that she found some tasty treats for the little guy, have a good day!!
Absolutely gorgeous family...
I wish my hubby enjoyed cooking... or at least cleaning up after... LOL!
You have a beautiful family! I bet that brisket tasted wonderful!!
I bet that brisket was so good, you all got stuck straight in devouring it and forgot all about taking pictures! My husband would love that. We once ate chicken in an orange juice sauce but that was more of an accident thanks to Jessica's clumsy phase!
Still thinking of you.
Lindsay
x
Oh my goodness! That recipe sounds delicious! :o) Does Mr. Tin Man have a cook book?
Your family pictures are precious!! And so sweet of Kylie to send something extra special for your son. I know how much that meant to you. :o)
Have a great afternoon!
Sincerely ~ Tricia
Beautiful pictures! You guys are just the cutest family!
XOXO
Jen
yay! new pictures! you all look beautiful!
i don't really know what a brisket is either... just that my family likes it and my husband has the recipe :) this coca cola brisket sounds great though! might have to try it!
and kylie's treats? yahoo!!
I am just loving your Easter family pictures--just gorgeous!!
Interesting recipe. I LOVE coke ;) so I'm intrigued...
Those family photos are GORGEOUS! What a GOOD family you have. I love all the outfits too.
You family is so beautiful! I am glad you had a special day!
Post a Comment