
I am taking about reading books NOT illegal substances! Please! I need all the brain cells I currently have to keep up with all the boys in this house!

If you have read my blog, then you know I adore reading. You have seen me write this before-I can (and will) read a good book and finish it in the wee hours of that same night. This addiction has definitely contributed to my lack of sleep, because I would rather read than sleep/do laundry/pay bills/ do dishes any old day!
Here are the details about the Give-Away:
What you really will win is this:
This book is by one of my all-time favorite authors, and this book is credited with strengthening my faith. (It is not a 'self-help' book! It is a fiction book that I could not put down until I read every last word in the book!) Then I sat there on my couch with tears running down my face for the longest time because I was so profoundly moved by this book. I can't say too much more, just that I know you will love it.
I am also giving away a soy candle that was made here in my home state, and (...to keep you awake while you read...) a container of English Toffee Cappuchino made by my favorite coffee people-Tim Horton's. (Yes, Lisa-I know you read this!~Relatives MAY enter this free give-away! Even if it is just for the cappuchino...), and my very favorite stuff-limited edition Cranberry Bubble Bath from the Body Shop... and a little something I picked up in Virginia on my road trip-not sure what it is, because I am driving home as you read this! *(I am home and brought with me: Cool notecards, and a beautiful tea towel both from a little shop called Three French Hens in Woodstock, Virginia.)
Thank YOU for reading and commenting on my blog-I have enjoyed getting all the swirling thoughts that have been in my head out and into the computer. I love reading your blogs as well-There are so many of you that I consider friends now too- Beth, Sandy Toes, Naomi, Tricia Anne, Lindsay Ann, Annikke, Kristin, Quiche Me, April,(Buzzing of a) Queen Bee, SpyMommy-you all have enriched my life so much!

(...hoping you will share my READING/coffee/bubble bath/candle addictions soon!)



41 comments:
Thank you for the give-away and the chance to win adult reading material....Whoa! That sounded like I think you're giving away porno!!!
What I meant was....a book without pictures or rhymes!!! Whew! That was a close one!
K. I LOVED "The Last Sin Eater". But you have probably already read it. So, I may not be much help.
Yeah what a fun giveaway, I love books too and my husband is thinking about getting me the Kindle, so that I don't have to worry about not having books over here, since I read them as soon as I get them and I am always lacking english books to read over here, and they are heavy in a suitcase!!!
Okay, my favorite book series is so great, I named my second son after the author. If you like to read, he is witty and brilliant, I cannot say enough good things about him. His books are so smart, I feel dumb that I cannot recognize all the references he is making to great literary works and so full of humor that I laugh out loud, which I never do with books. So, all that to say... the "Thursday Next" series by Jasper Fforde. The first book in the series is the "Eyre Affair" and you have to have read Jane Eyre to understand this book...and you will love it so much if you have.
I am excited to see what others say as well :)
What a fantastic giveaway...
I have sooo many favorite Authors...
I really have enjoyed Janet Evanovichs Stephanie Plum series. It totally cracks me up!
I love almost all of John Grishams novels, James Patterson, Jonathon Kellerman, Faye Kellerman (his wife)
I have never read Francine Rivers, and now I may have to start.
Let's see my favorite book that I have read since getting out of college would be "Secret Lives Of Bees"....I now need to see the movie!
I will mention your 100th giveaway this week in one of my posts...CONGRATS!!!!
-sandy toe
What a fun give away! (Be sure to drop by my blog for my give away, too!)
My favorite series to read is The Mitford Series. I would like to read the Love Comes Softly series, that may be my spring break reading material. :o) Of course I really enjoyed the Twilight books, but have only read half way through.
I have been wanting to tell you that I think your prayer request days on your blog is a wonderful idea.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Oh gosh, I love so many books for different reasons, but my faves are David Sedaris's Me Talk Pretty One Day and Dress Your Family in Courdoroy and Denim. I also love Laurie Notaro's The Idiot Girls Action Adventure Club and Autobiography of a Fat Bride. Both authors write memoir type books, and they are hilarious!!
Let's see - the Secret Life of Bees is one of my favorites, too. Congratulations on your 100th post!
Wow, girl, you really know how to host a giveaway, don't you? I am very impressed and I will definitely keep my fingers crossed! Just so you know, I consider you to be a very dear friend, as well. So glad we met in Blogland!
Now, I have many favorite books, but one at the top of my list is "Tuesdays With Morrie" by Mitch Albom. I've read it three or four times and learn something different each time I do.
Hope you have an amazing Monday!
I am excited to start reading some of these books being mentioned!! I, too, would rather read than do dishes... or any other household chore!! My favorite series is an old one... by Fern Michaels. It starts with Texas Rich and brings you through generations of a family... starting in Texas... moving on through Vegas... and winding it all up in Kentucky. If you love a story that never ends.. this is a great series!
Last year I read The Secret Life of Becky Miller by Sharon Hinck. I laughed and cried and totally related to this mom. It was a great, short and easy read. I love romance books too but off the top of my head right now I can not think of my favorite book in htat category.
This is an awesome post!! That book looks so good!! My kind of book!!
I have loved reading James Patterson's Love stories. Not the mystery ones but the girly ones like "Sunday at Tiffanies", "Sam's Letters to Jennifer" and "Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas." I read all of these books in one day!! I also love the Twilight series and Eat Pray Love!!
Thanks for the give away and congrats on the 105th post!!
What a super giveaway. I can't pick a favorite book, or even a fovorite author. Why do you ask me to do these impossible tasks. Ok...lets see... Suls by Toni Morrison, the guy not taken by Jenifer Weiner, The secret life of bees by Sue Monk Kidd, anything by Jodi Picult, It by Stephen King, Roots by Alex Haley. You get the idea.
Congrats on your 105th post!! The last book I finished was a couple of weeks ago. Jane Austen's Persuasion. I know it's old school, but sometimes I just crave a classic. It took me a while to get back into the groove of reading the style, you know all the crazy grammar, but once I did, it was a really good story. Before that it was all Nicholas Sparks The Choice. Hope this helps.
Oh, I just found your blog and I love it....I wanna follow U! LOL.....
My fav book?.........oh I don't know. I did love the Secret Life of Bees, but I love Debbie Macomber books and I LOVE the Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher and any of her books, really.
I'll be back so come see me, too!
Suzanne
Just realized I didn't leave my email (it's kykathy@aol.com). Please let me know the title of the Wright book you bought! I only know of the two I mentioned. "Letters" is set in the Woodstock area and the profile on the dust jacket says he moved there after researching the book in that area. Did you fall in love with that area, too?
My favorite book is Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. It's a good one ;) I am sure if you are an avid reader then you have already read this one! Thanks for telling me about your giveaway! I have been trying to keep updated with my fav blogs but the baby break put me WAY behind!
You need a shelfari.
My favorite book is The Time Traveler's Wife. It is a beautiful love story. And the element of time travel in marriage, sounds corny, but it is like nothing I have ever read before or since.
My favorite author is Fannie Flagg. Mostly because I haven't read a book by her I didn't like. But her books are not necessarily my favorites.
What an amazing giveaway! WOW! I would love to win! :)
I have a problem with reading...I rarely finish a book and it makes me so mad. I know, how dumb is that? What's the purpose of reading? I almost always read Christian books (when I do read).
One of my favorite Authors is Chris Blake. He wrote "Searching for a God to Love".
So thanks for the chance to win...and the inspiration to read. :)
Lisa
One of my favorite books of all time is from my childhood reading. "Anne of Green Gables" by L.M. Montgomery. This was really a tough question to answer as I have so many favorite books!!!
Helloooooooooo! I just left a comment on your 'Still Lucky' post... I've had so much catching up to do with your blog after my week away. It looks fantastic, btw. The give-away is wonderful! I'm still not over the excitement of receiving my Christmas package!!! Now, my fave book... well, I've said it before, it has to be Little Women (Louisa May Alcott), but as an adult(!!) I always thoroughly enjoy anything that Maeve Binchy (Irish authoress) has written. It's not Christian Literature, but it's hearty stuff, and she takes you to Ireland... and I've always wanted to go there...;)
I hope you're having a wonderful day. Blessings to you and your gorgeous boys. N x
My favorite book is The Long Walk by Salvomir Rawicz. It is a true story about a man that escaped from a labor camp in Siberia and proceeded to walk to India. He crossed the desert and the mountains in his 2 year trek. It is one of the most riveting books I have ever read and I recommend it to everyone I meet. It demonstrates just what a person is capable of if they focus on a goal.
Your energy in this post was so fun to read and a great way to start my morning! my husband had pestered me for the longest time to read Ken Follett the Pillars of the Earth years ago and 3 years ago I finally read it and it is my all time favorite!
happy reading,
LuLu
Came over from Sandy Toes! Love your blog...adore the song~
This give away is wonderful! All of my favorite things!
My favorite book of all time is The Picture of Dorian Gray/Oscar Wilde ...
But last year I found Terry Kay and love his writing. His book To Dance With A White Dog was one of the most beautiful books I've ever read...
Blessings today on you and yours~
Robin
All Things Heart and Home
ps congrats on the 105 posts!!!
so my fav non-fiction is Believing God by Beth Moore. I have given many away to dear girlfriends and recommend it to all who will here me. :) It is lifechanging to me.
I have not read fiction in SOOOOOO long, I may have forgotten how.
Congrats!
Good morning sistas! It's one day until Friday!
I'm sponsoring a Mardi Gras contest on my blog. Lots of fun cupcake prizes.
Grand Prize: Juicy Couture Pink Cupcake necklace.
Zen Cupcake February 17, 2009: Mardi Gras Giveaway!
Make it a great day!
You are adorable! I love to read but don't find the time much so I will have to think about my fav. and get back to you!
Oh, I love your blog. Disney and reading - two of my favorite things. And Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors. Her Mark of the Lion series (the first two books) are probably my favorite books.
But since you were asking for book ideas for you, and I assume you've read other FR books, try Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe by Fannie Flagg. Another fav of mine!
Sign my up please please please, I love to read and I too will start to read a book and then forget there are dirty dishes in the sink, no dinner for the hubs, dirty clothes everywhere, I actually have to make deals with myself, self, you cannot read a book until you get this this and this done, lol. It is bad, but I just love to read, some favorite authors are Debbie Macomber, Janet Evanovich, and Nora Roberts. Right now I am halfway thru the second book of the trilogy Sogn of Seven by Nora Roberts. Sue
What a great giveaway. I'm a PASSIONATE reader. My favorite book of all time is Beach Music by Pat Conroy. It's heartbreaking, touching, and motivating. My wonderful hubby gave me a SIGNED copy for Christmas a couple of years ago!! :)
What a fantastic giveaway...congrats on your 105th post.
unfortunatly, i don't get to read as often as i would like...very busy with the kids. but, i do like an author with a good sense of humor - laurie notaro
thanks,
djohnson@catcrew.com
Congrats!!!
I enjoy Linda Chakin's books because they are loaded with history but are fictional, fast action and full of fun romance.
Francine Rivers is a favorite too!
I do love a good book. My favorite book has got to be Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott. I never read this in school, only recently as an adult. A total dream of a book, I couldn't put it down.
I saw that you signed up for Emilie's swap so I thought I would stop by! Wow! What a great giveaway! Here are some of my favorite books-
The Glass Castle
The Secret Life of Bees
Twilight
The Kite Runner
Anything by Nora Roberts (romance) or Kathy Reichs (great mysteries!)
Thanks for the chance to enter your giveaway! I love to read, too! Wish I had more time... Lori
Favorite book: East of Eden. I read it to my husband in bed about 5 years ago! And we both loved it. I have many others that I love... Belva Plain is an author I enjoy and Lorna Ladvik is another -- easy light reads. Patty Jane's House of Curl by Lorna Ladvik was great! FUN giveaway!!
How did I miss this?
Well crap! Congrats on your big 100. Like a child you will look back fondly when you reach 200 and wonder how time has flown!
My favorite book series of all time is the Love Comes Softly Series from Jeanette Oke. Very very good Christian Series. They are the sort of books I can read over and over!
So this is no surprise to you but all of the wonderful fiction books that I have read I have borrowed them from you. Go figure! I just can't believe that you haven't let me borrow this one before you give it away?! What's up with that? The series that I liked the best out of your collection so far is by Emily Griffen- Something Borrowed (book 1) Something Blue (book 2). The series that I liked best out of my collection was by Debbie McComb - Back To Blossom Street. Great series. Good luck to all, I can't wait to see you wins. By the way if I win you save on postage! Hee Hee!
I want that give away!! I do love Nicholas Sparks, but you have already read all of his books, I know this b/c you've loaned them to me:) LOST GOLD OF THE REPUBLIC is the book I am reading now. It is all about finding ships lost at sea in the civil war and before that (1500-1600's. It is a true story of two business partners who pioneered deep sea shipwreck recovery. It is different as I usually read fiction, but the history is so very fascinating!! A recommended read, yes you can borrow it!!
I can't believe I almost missed this. We have been away too and since getting back things have been mad around here.
My favorite book is The Yorkshire Pudding Club by Milly Johnson. The author lives right here in Yorkshire and the book is set here too. It's very funny and so true to life.
I would love to enter your giveaway as I need something gripping to read in 6 weeks time on my 9 hour flight to Disney. It needs to be good so that I will forget I am on a plane!
Lindsay
Hi - I just found your blog. I love it!!! I would love to be entered in your giveaway!
I love to read. My favorite series is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I also love Edward Rutherford's books - they are all great. I love the Tiwlight books. And Phillipa Gregory.
Thanks for letting me stop by!!!
Jen
Dang I have been trying to get a message to you for a few days now...I have had major puter problems and still have them at work.
I saw where you had my name for Em's swap. You should have a great time with this...I love swaps!
bethlowman@bellsouth.net
Sorry I am late for your giveaway but at least I finally got a chance to comment.
Oh and looks like you and the kids had a great trip...I loved the look of the Hen place...I just love quaint shops like that.
Congrats on you 105th post...I love blogging here and hope we get to know each other better.
Beth
I just realised that I didn't enter to win! You can look at the UL website at http://expressyourself.uppercaseliving.net
We have a big event the middle of March that we are puting ideas together for:)
I love the song on your blog.
We can send you a catalog, just email me your address.
Post a Comment