Sunday, February 22, 2009

God Answers Prayer Sunday


Today is my day for you! Leave a comment if there is something I can join you in prayer for this week. I will commit to praying for you all week. (Trust me. We are snowed in AGAIN! I have plenty of time to pray, right now!)


"If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!...Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."



~Ecclesiastes 4: 10, 12



post signature

15 comments:

Sandra said...

Thank Him for YOU, for me... will you?

Just say.. "Lord... Saundra wants you to know how special I am to her, and she thanks YOU for me and my inspirational blog..."

Thanks bunches!

Mother Hood said...

I have a big opportunity coming up. I can't really talk about it yet....but it's BIG! Please pray that God will open doors for me and take care of my husband and boys during this process! Thanks!!!

I'm so grateful for your dedication to praying for ME this week! I need it and it gives me peace just knowing that you care enough to do this!

trish said...

Good Morning,
Thank you so much for your commitment to prayer. If you would please join me in prayer this week on a sensitive subject. My son has a friend who phoned last night, shaken and needing to talk. His mom has been coming home late and bouncing checks. As it turns out, she has been drinking at a bar (possibly drugs) and has been unfaithful to her husband. This has tore at the heart of this little boy and it kills me to know what he is going through. I am praying earnestly for each one of them, they do not attend church and have skirted our every invitation. The topic of the Lord is off limits. We as adults are not close friends, we have always had their son in our home though and he is so gentle and sweet. He is really heart broken. Lord willing I will pick him up today and have him spend the night tonight (the kids in our area are out of school Mon-Tue for Mardi Gras).
Thank you again, so much! Where two or more are gathered!! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

amy & lisa said...

My daughter has been suffering with strep throat. I would like prayers for healing. Thank you.
Lisa

Julie said...

Today..after church I am driving 2 hrs to meet with my mom and dad that I have not had contact with in 5 years. My mother has hurt my family in many ways....and I have been holding on to a lot of unforgivness in my heart. I am so scared...as I don't know what the outcome will be...or what I am going to say. My husband is a Decan in our church...and I feel like I can not grow spritualy or in leadership....with all this UNFORGIVENESS...So...please pray that god heals this situation and gives me the right words to say.
Thank You so much for this wonderful GIFT of commitment to Prayer...Love Julie

Far From Perfect said...

Thank you- I could use a little help this way. I have a difficult week ahead at work, Divorce mediation can be difficult...thank you.

Dawn said...

your commitment is something to be thankful for!! so to add to your prayers this week... prayers of thanksgiving!! my friend samantha is headed back to school tomorrow after being so sick!! i hope your week is off to a great start!

Jen said...

I think your commitment to prayer is such a wonderful thing! Thank you for praying for me last week. I would love it if you continued to pray for my husband and me as we continue to discuss starting a family.

Also a very good friend of mine lost her father this week to a heart attack. It was very unexpected! Please pray for her and her family! Her name is Suzy!!

Thanks so much!!

Jen

Kristin said...

Again that you for continuing to do this. I too add these prayer request to my prayer book and pray for them all week as well.

Could you please pray for my mother to come to grips with this pregnancy and for her to be a support person for me. I need her to be strong when I am not. She need help getting the anger out of her heart.

Em said...

Just want to say thank you for your prayers last week! You are a sweetheart!

Shell in your Pocket said...

We have a big decision to make with our kids and school next year...this is the week...we are facing the deadlines right in the "face"....it's one of the hardest decisions we have had to make with our kids...sandy toe

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for a visit and dropping me a note. I have followed your blog for a while but not sure why I never left a comment, because I love it. The Wizard of OZ was a big thing in our house at one point and that's what caught my eye about your blog. I loved the post on your Disney World trip too. We're heading there in the spring and our 2 high school daughters will be marching in the Main Street parade. We're so excited.
Thanks again for the comment, now I won't be so shy to leave one on yours.
Nice "meeting" you,
~Karen~
ps I think what you do for others on Sunday is such a wonderful thing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, 'Ruby', you are so beautiful!... You know, as I read through each persons note to you, I found myself praying for them too. This is such a precious idea. I have a thankful prayer point - that things are going well under our roof!!! Praise the Lord! Love N x

Anonymous said...

[cue tweaky computer sounding voice]... "You've got mail!"

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Thank you so very much for praying for my family this weekend!!! God truly came through for us. There was such peace and the family drama was non-exsistent, which is saying A LOT!!!

Thank you!

Mrs. Nurse Boy