I just had the BEST weekend!
I went to :
with some girlfriends and my sister.THIS is my kind of cooking! If you have one near you-GO NOW!-it is such a great thing! You prepare fresh ingredients, and then freeze them to take out again when you are frazzled, the baby is crying, the dog is barking, the two older boys need your help with their homework, your husband is out of town and you have to tutor in about two hours and you don't have time to cook...I mean, who is that?!? THAT IS NOT MY HOUSE!!! That can't be my house! (Oh, yeah...it is-I was just trying to block it all out for a moment!)
We seriously had so much fun making semi-gourmet meals to freeze for desperate evenings-not that I ever have any... but just in case...
THEN...All the girls went to see:
You know I loved Bride Wars (~go see it~), but THIS WAS EVEN BETTER!!! NEW IN TOWN nailed the Northern State mentality-and I can say that because I am a Northern Girl through and through...The boots, the snow, the freezing floors in the morning, the MEN hunting with guns, the SCRAP BOOKING, the GLUE GUNs! It is so my life, right now-hopefully my hair looks better, though. And I wear more (somewhat) in-style clothes... Throughout the movie, my sister and I squealed in jealously at Rene's character's shoes! We loved her heels! SO high! So glamorous! So not practical for the snow...but beautiful all the same.
This movie was THE girlfriend movie to go see (if you MUST choose!). It was soooo good, I am going again this week-I JUST can't leave Quiche Me out of this one. It is too good, so I guess I will just have to FORCE myself to see it again...What you do for friends, I swear!
Now after a night out with girlfriends, you would think it was my turn to wake up at the crack of dawn with the dog, and the boys...but no! I even slept in the next morning and my dear Tin Man made me French toast in bed...
I lead a charmed life for sure because Sunday night brought the weekend to a close with an awesome win by my Superbowl pick:
Don't hate me though~it is still snowing and freezing here! I think it is negative one thousand, or something...
(...who is planning a gourmet meal for my dear husband and kids-I just need to think about which
to pop in the oven...I must reward them for my fabulous weekend with something good! Tuscan Chicken? Sweet & Sour Chicken with Jasmine Rice? St. Louis Ribs? Mediterranean Pasta?? The choices are just endless today!)



15 comments:
How fun! Those places are wonderful and it's always "reassuring" in the morning to know you have something to throw in the oven and not prepare.
The hard part of cooking is the planning and shopping for the ingredients!
A perfect weekend.
-sandy toe
Thank you for coming by to wish me 'Happy Birthday'! So nice to meet ya!
Love the blog...so cute! What a great idea for dinners. I so want to see this movie too. Thanks for the review...that's the second one that has been positive! Can't wait to see it.
Have a great Monday and again thanks for stopping by!
Blessings to you today!
I need to do this again. I tried it once a few years ago but there was so much food we ended up not eating a bunch of it. But now that Logan is bigger it might work out! Thanks for the reminder!
I want to see this movie so bad!
Can you loan out your DH? I really would like my DH to learn how to keep a happy wife? LOL
I've heard about those kind of places where you make meals for a week or so. Some have good reviews; others, not so great. What you made sounds heavenly to me! Be sure to let all of us know if the meals were a hit. Hey, I'm all for anything that's going to make life a little easier.
Glad you had such fun with your girlfriends...I'll have to make it a point to see that movie!
What a wonderful weekend you had! I have always thought that doing something like Dream Dinners would be perfect for my family. I need to see if there is one near me.
Thanks for letting us know about the movie...I think it looks good. I still need to see Bride Wars too!
I want to see this movie!! Thanks for the review! Dream Dinners... I have heard GREAT things!!
I got many dinners from a place like that after I had Donovan. They are good! Enjoy. I am totally going to see that movie. I think that I willl make hubby come with me.
I wish we had one here where I live, I would definitely do that. What a fun night and thanks for the movie review, I will put it on the list for my girls and I to see.
Dream Dinners Sounds a great place. We always get your good ideas over here eventually (about and hundred years later)!!
Glad you had a fun evening with your friends. Thanks for your film recommendation. Would it be suitable for an almost 13 year old to see? My daughter loved Bride Wars and has mentioned this one too.
Lindsay
i WANT TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR SCRAPBLOG ISSUES...
Call me..I don't want to leave my phone number on here... so e mail me
and I'll email you my cell number and we can get it all sorted out for you so you can have fun with me in Scrapblog!!!
mamabella44@gmail.com
Saundra
I have done something similar before...very easy and yummy!
I'm glad the movie selections are so good out there! I'll have to catch up with you...when they come out on DVD!
Girl, I'm so jealous that you get out to see movies!!! Take me with you next time! ;) Although, I did just go to a murder mystery dinner at our country club on Sat. That was a hoot!
I'd love to see that movie! I heard it was FREEZING cold when they shot it up in CANADA! I don't know how you guys "up North" do it!
Oh, I am SOOO jealous! My goodness, you had a GREAT weekend! Thanks for the reviews to the new Zellweger movie. A friend and I are suppose to see it this weekend and I hadn't seen any reviews or heard people talking about it yet! Have a great week!
I saw the link to this post on the bottom of today's post (March 18). Love it! Especially since I run a similar type shop (indipendent one)! So glad you had fun!
Thanks for the recommendation of that movie - the previews made it look great. And I so love Zellweger!
Smiles!
Post a Comment