Welcome!
Come on in! If you don't mind-would you take off your shoes? The snow is (still) piling up outside, and I would rather not have it on my white carpet in this room... This is our Front Room/Music Room. We play the piano in here (or at least try!), we read in here, and when I am working (tutoring students with reading disabilities in my office)-this is the room where the parents sit.
I had the most hideous picture hanging here for three years (!). I never even liked it, but it was cheap, matched the room colors, was huge, and did I mention-cheap! I found it on clearance, for around thirty dollars, and the frame alone must have been worth it.
Ummm-Where is it you ask?
I was trying to "transform" it into something else-and RUINED it!!! (Spray paint doesn't cover over a picture like you would think-imagine graffiti!) So-no picture- just a big...blank... space... (cricket...cricket...cricket...)
I finally got it right, I think! I added some shelves (with my handy pink (!) tools), some pictures, my dad's old clarinet (now vintage!), and found an old violin at a resale shop...

(My neighbor saw the room while I was out and texted me, "If I go to Hell, it's your fault!" I was concerned about what I must have done to upset her, and called her RIGHT away... but she said, "You are causing me to covet my neighbor's house!" Now if that's not the highest compliment-I don't know what is! I'll be helping her do something cool at her house soon-because I certainly want her in heaven with me!!!)






23 comments:
OK, you REALLY need to go into the decorating business...I'm not kidding! You could make some serious bucks with your talent! I love what you did with your wall! It's so neat how everything's arranged (especially with your dad's instrument!) and with the mirror and the wording in the center. Really makes a statement!
I know I'm headed to Heaven...but I REALLY love your room!!! :)
That wall/room looks AMAZING!!! You are so very talented. When can you book your flight over here???!!! I'm afraid my poor little house would not do you decorating any justice... ;) Truly, you have created a beautiful room! I'm just going to head back to look at the pics again and imagine me sitting on one of them cushy couches... do we take tea in this room?!!... Maybe not with white carpet - oh, what am I saying... I'll just keep dreaming...
I love the violin...very nice touch!
I have never done vinyl words on my walls but I always love them when I see it done in other homes!
-sandy toe
How pretty. The wall turned out great and our piano looks very similiar to yours (too bad we don't play it much).
Have a great Wednesday.
It looks great! Fabulous use of wall space!
You are so sweet to want to help me with my header. If I can muster up the courage to branch out of my comfort zone and give it a try...I know where to find you! :)
Wow... that is really lovely...
and I just have one more thing to say to you...
DID YOU FORGET THAT YOU HAVE THREE BOYS??? HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO KEEP WHITE COUCHES WHITE!!!
I BUY EVERYTHING IN THE COLOR OF DIRT... TO MATCH THE BOYS!
YOU... ARE... MY... SHERO!
I stopped reading at WHITE CARPET! Really?!? With 3 boys? How do you do it?
The wall looks great!
Soooo, first of all let me say that room is GORGEOUS and I love what you hung on the wall! It looks really neat!!
Second of all.......... you are one brave chica to have white, white and more white with all those boys running (literally running) around!
Love the room though. Well, I think I've told you before your whole house is gorgeous!
I do love the room and the calm it brings when I sit in it reading People while my kidlets are napping. I have to do lettering for my living room. As the other bloggers said you have a gift for decor!! BRAVO P.S. thanks for the header and org. of my page, now I can blog again, instead of putting it off until I fixed what I ruined. Yippee!!
I *heart* the wall above your sofa - you did such a good job on it. I've never done those vinyl words either but they look great there! :)
I love your room. It's beautiful and has a lovely relaxing feel about it. The mirror and lettering looks wonderful. You have some great ideas and a real flair for decorating. Please share some more.
Lindsay
The room and the wall look great! Your neighbors comments are priceless and very funny.
That room and your wall is amazing! I love the grouping you did!
Very cool! I like it all!
You laid it all out very well!
I wouldn't let one kid in there without one of the CDC outfits on!
It looks great! I love how you combined so many different types of objects into one cohesive display.
~ Sarah
It really is very impressive, there's a definite wow factor. Well done.
Girl! I can't believe you are brave enough to have a WHITE room in your house with THREE boys! What's your secret to keeping it looking so sharp?
Hello from a fellow SITSta, momma and teacher! OH MY is right! Your sons are such studs! What little heartbreakers they will be.
Thanks for sharing your talents with us. If only my living room looked half as good as yours!
This wall is such a beautful focal point! You did a fantastic job.
i love it! especially the violin on the shelf... perfection! and your neighbor's comment has me rolling!! have a great day!
I heart your music room! Especially the wall above the couch!
You and your neighbor are hilarious : ).Very beautiful. I want some of those words. They are SO cool! I am glad you are going to help your neighbor. I don't want her to go to hell either.
Post a Comment