Monday, February 23, 2009

Dinner's Ready! Chicken Marsala By Tin Man

*Winner of the Give-Away is announced at the end of this post!!!!*
Tin Man makes the BEST Chicken Marsala-I beg him to make it for me all the time! He was willing to share his AWESOME recipe-ENJOY!



Chicken Marsala
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

12 ounces of canned mushrooms-chopped and drained (You can delete the mushrooms if you hate them...)


1 cup of all-purpose flour


salt and pepper


Tony's Creole Seasoning (for the extra kick we love, but optional)


8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts-cut into 1 1/2 chunks


1 stick of butter (I know, don't say it!!!)


1 cup Marsala wine


1 cup chicken broth


1 lemon


1/4 cup dried parsley



Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and mushrooms and saute until light brown, stirring occasionally for a few minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan so they don't burn.


In a shallow dish, combine 1 cup of flour and salt, pepper, and Tony's Creole seasoning to taste. Also season the chicken with salt and pepper AND Tony's Creole seasoning then toss in the flour mixture , coating everything. Shake off excess flour.


Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in the saute pan over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan and cook until cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm by placing it in the oven at 375 degrees in an iron skillet (that's what we use) or another pan.


Sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour in the saute pan (where you cooked the chicken) and stir until it is absorbed by the butter. Stir in the Marsala wine and chicken broth and simmer until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms to the pan, and squeeze the juice of the lemon directly into the mushroom sauce. Add the remaining butter (about half of a stick, or more if you choose) stirring constantly so it makes a smooth sauce.


Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper, and pour over the chicken after you remove it from the oven. Sprinkle with the dried parsley and serve...Voila!



(Chicken Marsala served with a green salad, and homemade "fries")



post signature (...stuffed on Chicken Marsala!)

...AND THE WINNER IS: (generated by random numbers.com)

True Random Number Generator Min: Max: Result: 7

MRS. TEE from Delightful Home! (http://thedelightfulhome.blogspot.com/)

Leave your e-mail address in a comment and I will contact you for your address!!!

To everyone else: Thank you for the ideas of books to read! I made a list of the books I need to read, thanks to all of you. I will be having my next give-away in June-I will keep you posted!!

11 comments:

April said...

That recipe leaves my mouth watering...I'm going to try REALLY hard to convince Chris to whip it up for me! :)

Congrats to the lucky winner of your giveaway!!! Hey, just wanted to THANK YOU for your prayers in regards to Brittany's situation...see my post for an update! I knew God was listening!!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

That looks good...I am always "in" for a new chicken recipe. Maybe Tin Man needs a blog so he can share his cooking....
-sandy toe

Kristin said...

Yummy. Chicken marsala is a favorite of mine. Did the boys eat it?
Congratulations to the winner.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Thanks so much for the recipe, my girls and I will love this...My husband, I'll have to eat his mushrooms, but that works for me!!
~Karen~

larkswing said...

This sounds good! Another great dish to add to my do try list!

Anonymous said...

Yummo!!! Now I'll never go to sleep... It's past midnight here, and everybody's pumping zeds but me... eyes wide open, is me... I saw food mentioned on your blog from my little 'let me know about other blogs thingy' and thought I better take a look... You guys really need to come out here for a good Aussie holiday, and so I can sample some of TinMan's Masala!!!;) I'm like Old Mother Hubbard at the mo... nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is in my pantry except some jars of sauce and flour, and my fridge is practically bare, 'cept for a dish of butter, half a litre of milk, and some sticks of celery... What can a girl, with no culinary flare do with that!!! "TIN MAN!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?????????????!!!" ;) [See what happens when I get over-tired - I go nutty] Night Night. x

Lindsay-ann said...

That looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Congratulations to Mrs Tee the lucky winner.
Thanks for your prayers for my daughter and her braces. She appreciates them very much.
If you would like me to send you my copy of The Yorkshire Pudding Club I would be very happy to do so. Just leave me a comment with your e-mail and I will not publish it.
Best Wishes
Lindsay

Whitney said...

That looks delish!! :)

Ms. Tee said...

Thank you! I'm sorry I am just now getting over here. We had computer/internet issues all day.
My email is delightfulhome (at)charter(dot)net. Thanks again :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your winner!

I wouldn't want to live in snow either. One day was enough for me. lol

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

That recipe sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Nurse Boy