Sunday, February 8, 2009

God Answers Prayer Sunday

Can I just tell you how blessed I was this week by all of you??

Your kind words after Thursday's post on prayer was so uplifting to me! I also have committed to prayer everything you all requested-I wrote each one in my prayer journal-and will continue to pray for you. It is not nice to know so many are also in my shoes (with the auto industry or job loss-) but what a comfort to know we are not alone. (I told my husband maybe we should move to Texas-like Girly Things suggested-and he gave me the "Are you High?!" look....) But anyways-That post had me thinking this weekend.
I have had some time to sit and think this weekend and pray. I've had my eight year old home with a fever since Thursday, so I've been laying around with him. Tin Man has graciously kept the two other boys occupied. So while my big guy was healing up, I came up with a plan...

Like my new graphic? (Scrapblog junkie, here!)

Every Sunday, I will be opening my blog for those that want prayer.

Those requests will be added to my prayer journal (which I'll tell you about in one of these Sunday posts-) and I will be praying for you that week. You can even keep adding requests through the week-I will check the comments daily.

You may (or may not) want to know what made me think of this. I can't take the credit. The good ideas are usually my Mom's, and this is one of hers.

Since I was a child, I can picture my Mom daily in prayer. She kept a journal, and every afternoon, she would sit on her bed, read her Bible and pray. I can remember waking from naps and finding her like this most every day. She has prayed for so many people-people who didn't ask for prayer, but later after a life-crisis, she pointed out to me how she had been praying for that particular person long before the crisis. (Is it no wonder I want to be like her?)

My mom has been faithful to pray for many years. She continues to pray to this day, even as she struggles with some health issues and her and my dad are aging...

So, it is time. It is time for me to keep it going for the next generation. For You. For my family. If you want, you could also be in prayer for those that request it.

Let's Start Now: What can I pray for you about this week?

post signature

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20 (New International Version)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely idea (and I too love Scrapblog and have recently become addicted to Picnik.com)

A possibly silly prayer request but Can you pray for my daughter to sleep through the night? We are going on over 11 months of neither of us sleeping through the night (because she only wants mommy). I know I could be a much better mom, wife, everything if I could get more than two hours sleep at a time. She's 2 1/2 and we don't know why she won't sleep. We've tried pretty much everything.

Thanks.

April said...

I have actually thought about starting something like this on my blog...so glad you stepped up and are taking the lead. You'd better believe that God answers prayers! I've seen it in my own life...and in the lives of others.

I would like for you to pray for Brittany. She recently met a guy she likes a lot who is a freshman in college. She says that he's a very strong Christian (he's going to Seminary)...but there is something in my gut that still leaves me questioning. I can't put my finger on it, but it's there. We have yet to meet him...maybe next weekend. Please ask God to lead her in the right direction and for Him to give me patience, clarity, and understanding. I really appreciate it a lot! This growing up thing sure isn't easy!

My prayers will continue for you and your family, too! Love ya!♥

Sandra said...

Okay.... That gave me chills... what a lovely thought...

and

You HAVE SCRAPBLOG FEVER!!! You are soooo talented!!! I wanna make those too, for my blog... Did you get code for them?
They are sooo beautiful... all of them!

Lindsay-ann said...

This is a lovely idea. Thank you to your Mom for thinking of it and thank you to you too for putting it into practice.
Please will you pray for me and my Mom? It's almost a year since my lovely Dad died of prostate cancer. I miss him so much and these next few weeks are going to be really hard.
Lindsay

Julie said...

your mom sounds wonderful. It must such a blessing from the Lord to have her to model. Praise God. I pray I can be that for my boys.

I would love prayer in getting everything done I need to this week and that my boys would be well! We are all still a bit sick :(

michele said...

You have me in tears. My mom was prayerful and had a beautiful faith in God, like your mom. I miss her daily. I miss her prayers too.
I attend church by myself for the most part. I would love for my husband to DESIRE to go. And even if he isn't a regular church attendar, I would love it if he would LOOK to the Lord. This is my prayer, will you pray with me?

Kristin said...

What a wonderful idea. I continue to have your family in our prayers. I have been struggleing with Faith. I know it sounds general but it is more then I can explain in a comment. Anyways I have been reading and praying to strengthen my faith and would love it if you could add that your prayer list as well. Thanks!

amy & lisa said...

I joined the SITS girls today and have come upon your blog with all the blog hopping I've done today. I'm so glad I found your blog!

My heart feels so blessed just reading your blog. I will be coming back here to keep reading.

Thank you for what you are doing with the Prayer Requests. That's awesome!

Lisa

Girly Stuff said...

Sounds like you will be busy!

I'm glad you are doing this for people. It is such a blessing to have you as a prayer warrior.

If you moved here...your son would be that much closer to being a Longhorn. We would even buy him his own chair.

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Please pray for my daughter who recently went through a divorce. She needs God to move in her life as only he can do.

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Please pray for my daughter who recently went through a divorce. She needs God to move in her life as only he can do.

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Please pray for my daughter who recently went through a divorce. She needs God to move in her life as only he can do.

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Please pray for my daughter who recently went through a divorce. She needs God to move in her life as only he can do.

Anonymous said...

What an uplifting post! It blessed me just to read it.

I grew up hearing my grandma every morning praying earnestly in her den when I would spend the night with her. The memory still impacts my life.

Southern Fried Gal said...

What a blessing to have a praying mom! I thank God for mine!

God is so amazing - I had a friend email me a really DEEP prayer request today. Her step-grandmother passed away and she hadn't ever spoken to her about her salvation. Through this she found out that she had started attending church recently and that she had accepted Jesus! But she got to thinking about all the other family members that she hadn't shared her faith with. She is traveling to the funeral over the next two days and is considering it a mission trip. She has made a list of all the family members to which she wants to witness. There are 11 people on her list. Please pray that they will be open to the work of our Lord. I wanted to share this request in a bigger way and seriously thought about a prayer blog just today! So wonderful that you stopped over to wish me health and I came to you for a visit - not a coincidence for sure! Our God is so good! I will repay the favor and lift up your family, too!

Oh and I have been "fixin'to" start a prayer journal - thanks for re-affirming my need to do this!

To God be the glory!