Thursday, February 5, 2009

Call Me Selfish


Today I am going to take advantage of you.

I am going to be selfish, I think.

My husband is in the automotive world on the supplier end of things. High stress. Self-Employed. He does not have a "fun" job.

There is a lot of weight on his shoulders these days, and being the "helpmate" that I am, I worry...

I know-The Bible says don't. Doctors say it's bad for your health; but I do. (Is THIS what is causing my gray hairs??)



So my selfish request today is if you would hold us up in prayer-

~That God continues to guide our steps each day,

~ That we make decisions that give glory and honor to Him,

~That we sleep peacefully...

My mom has always said, "If you are up at night, don't waste your time worrying-PRAY."

I don't plan to be entirely selfish. I might have a few more nights of this...

SO~What can I pray about for you? I will use my sleepless nights wisely like my mom said to, and I will pray for you...I think there are a few of them headed our way...

"But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
I wait for God my Savior;
my God will hear me."
Micah 7:7

post signature

29 comments:

Michelle said...

I would be happy to pray for your family. I would appreciate your prayers concerning my health. Take care and many prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'd happy to pray for you. Not living in the US right now I don't get the same sense of what everyone is going through but I think about it most everyday. A lot of families from my son's school here are expat families with Ford. And well, that whole industry is suffering which means good American families are suffering.

Stopping by from SITS. Love the music!

Dawn said...

i will certainly pray for your family. i know it might feel selfish to ask for prayers... but i don't believe it really is. especially when you are willing to make a "fair trade!" and so... i think, for today, i am trekking along okay... but could you please pray for Samantha? she is 11 yrs old... in the hospital with salmonella... and somehting is going on with her pancreas... not sure if it is related or not. she is just a sweet little friends of ours, and i suppose her parents are probably in need of prayers also. thanks... i am going to put you on my prayer list right now!

Leah said...

I do not think you are being selfish by asking for prayers. We all need to be prayed for now and again.
I will gladly say a prayer for your family while I am praying for mine.

Julie said...

It isn't selfish, it is normal. And I will be praying!

Elizabeth said...

Hi! I found you on April's blog at Straight From The Heart. The Ruby Red Slippers caught my eye as my sister is a huge Wizard of Oz fan and I thought you might be as well. Your boys are adorable. I have also used the hours of insomnia for a prayer time. It either puts me right to sleep or I get in a lot of interceding done. Another tip when you are a busy mother of 3 and have limited "quiet time", use your shower as a prayer closet. It's one of the only places you can be alone with the Lord when they are little and unlike praying while driving, you really don't have to concentrate on anything else that much. I've enjoyed your blog and will be back to visit. Please stop by and visit me when you get a chance. I've only been blogging a short time and would love to get to know you. Stay warm up there.
~Elizabeth from Grand Occasions

Mel said...

We will pray for your man. and your family. Its tough times the world over at the moment - esp the car industry.

Mrs.Busy Bee said...

You are already always in my prayers, I will keep on praying!

StylinMom said...

I feel your pain, my husband too is in the exact same position...automotive parts world, selfemployed....we are in Ont Can..I will pray for you always and all the people suffering in these tough times. Not sslfish at all...I think the world would be a much better place if we all learned to reach out more!
In prayer
m :)
http://blogginstyle.blogspot.com

Shell in your Pocket said...

It's not selfish! Of all the years, my dad has been at his shop. He says this is the first time he is having so many different types of professionals losing their jobs and struggling..from doctors to engineers. I know MI is really struggling b/c so many things are affected by the automotive.


I will pray that your sleep will be sweet and that you claim the verse Psalm 5:3 "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice;in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

-Sandy toe

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Wow! I am having a good cry today because of all these sweet comments! Thank you! I am making a list of you who also requested prayer, as well...
To lighten the mood~
Would you believe my older son just came home early with a fever? Good thing because two kids in his class have head lice (!)...at least we won't be there to think about that!!!
Time to take him some Gatorade and a hug...and to check his head again for bugs!

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

I would love to pray for you right now. God please bless my blogging friend and find favor in her home and in her family. You are a BIG God and you know us so well and we commit our lives into your hands today. Amen Please pray for my husband and I we are self employed and during this economy, we can use a lot of prayers.

Annikke said...

I will certainly be praying for you and your family! I would love to! BUT, since you are asking for no more sleepless nights, then I really don't think you are going to have the night time available to pray for me! Thanks anyway. But I know you will be sleeping better! If you want to pray for me after your good nights rest, I could use prayer for my family as my husband and I go away for our anniversary and leave my 20 year old neice in charge. Thanks!

May God Bless you today and tonight!

April said...

Oh, my sweet friend...so sorry to hear that you're hurting and that you're worried. You can better believe I'll be praying for you and your family! One of my favorite Bible verses (which is on my blog) is Philippians 4:6-7. It has brought me such comfort and peace many different times. Hope it will do the same for you! Just remember that God is so good and He will take care of you...trust and believe!

I do have something for you to pray about, if you would. My brother-in-law is 47 years old and underwent quintuple bypass surgery at the age of 40. He has never taken good care of himself and is overweight. Well, just recently, he learned that his blood glucose level was around 600! It was off the charts! His doctor put him on some sort of medication and he's supposed to be testing his sugar levels daily. I think it's been around 140-180 here lately. Well, after I've done some research, my husband and I think he's been diagnosed with diabetes, but that he's in denial about it and won't tell anyone. He keeps saying that the doctor wants to see him, again, in another month for more testing, but since he's already on medication and is having to test his blood sugar level daily, we think the diagnosis has already been made. Please pray for clarity for him and that he will begin taking better care of himself. Thank you so much! Hope and pray your little boy feels better soon! ♥hugs♥

The Farmers Wife said...

In our prayers for sure. I can feel ya. Hubster is looking at possibly being laid off, I am worried to say the least. We are in the position to start a company, but that is scary, especially in this economy, right? It would be putting us on the line to lose everything, or make it. Anyway, thanks for reading my life story. I wish you luck and peace.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I love the saying of your mom's...so wise! I will need to remember that when I am having trouble sleeping because of worries...I struggle with this, but I have to say that when I am able to turn it over to God all is so much better!

You will be in my prayers! Right now I am struggling with my worries over my husband's job.

Unknown said...

I will pray for you and your family while I am waiting to pick Kaishon up from school today!

My co worker Quince had a stroke in September (at age 40) and he is paralyzed now. Could you pray for his family? They are really struggling.

I Love Purple More Than You said...

You like that picture of me and Edward? I did it here:
http://www.faceinhole.com

(just type "Twilight" in the search bar) It's super easy to do! I just used my profile picture.

HeatherPride said...

It is never selfish to ask for prayer, and it is the least I can do to help someone out! Of course I will keep the RRS family in my prayers! Best of everything to you -

HP

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great post! You never know what other people are going through sometimes. I just wrote an article on "Surviving a Mommy Meltdown". Thank God for friends to hold us up and catch us when we need the catching. I will meanfully pray for you!

For me it would be the ever balancing of what seems like a too full plate. Our children's pastor just resigned and we are having to help more with that sweet but stressful ministry.

Thanks for sharing my joy this morning!!!!

:)

Lindsay-ann said...

I will definately pray for your family at this uncertain time. Things are the same here in England at the moment with the car industry.
Sending you a hug today.
Lindsay

Kristin said...

I will lift your family up in our prayers and will continue to do so long after your turmoil is concluded. All I ask is for you to do the same for our family.

Lindsay-ann said...

Sorry, just forget to say thank you so much for your prayers for Jessica tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

So cool that your blog has provided a source of support for you to be held up in prayer! Not selfish at all; it feels like an honor that you asked! I will keep you in my prayers; we all know what you're going through. I too am a worrier!

Sandra said...

Pray that everyone stays calm.

Pray that everyone can remember that if The Lord takes care of the sparrows and the wildlife... he cares so much more for us, and will take care of us too.

Pray for people to start seeing that THINGS don't make us happy... PEOPLE do. It's the small things in life that are the most meaningful.

Don't be overwhelmed my dear... this too shall pass...

Pray for it.

Girly Stuff said...

I've been praying for you guys today...

Just move down here where it is warm. And where we ride horses instead of drive cars. Your husband could sell saddles. What do you think?

We actually don't ride horses...we drive pickup trucks. And our economy does well when the gas prices go up. It's bizarro world down here.

Anxious to see what you say about me...scary!

Mother Hood said...

I'm sorry to hear about your stressful situation right now! I completely sympathize with being a worrier.

So far, God has blessed my husband with a secure job. My main worries revolve around my boys' health, safety and protecting them from "worldly influences". Of course those worries are never ending. ;)

Know that many prayers are coming your way!

Tamara Dawn said...

I just wanted to thank you for your message to Tuesday's family. Your heart is made up and will be delivered to them with many messages of love & encouragement.

Please continue to spread the message. I want to fill a whole box for the Whitt family.

God Bless!

Tamara

http://proudtobecheap.blogspot.com/

Ms. Tee said...

I somehow missed this post! But I will definitely pray for you during this time. {{{hugs}}}