Friday, February 13, 2009

Still Lucky...

Do you hear that song playing on my blog?
(Are you sick of it yet? Sorry, but I can't say that I am!)

It is LUCKY by Jason Mraz~ That is the favorite song around our house these past few months. I don't usually say "Lucky", I say "blessed". But I do feel lucky...and here are (some) of the reasons why~


  • When I played that song for my husband and told him, it makes me think of him, he went on-line, found the music and learned to play it. Just for me...
    • He sings LUCKY to me, so much so that our kids are now saying, "UHHH! NOT THAT SONG AGAIN!!!"
  • He is the resident bathroom cleaner. (We have four bathrooms, so trust me-he is earning his keep!) I don't mind picking up his clothes (too much) if he is willing to keep his part-time job of bathroom cleaner.
    • I have mentioned before that he is also our chef. I am not kidding. He cooks most evenings, and always makes us a pancake breakfast on Saturdays. (Our littlest one has severe food allergies, and he has to alter most of the recipes so that our baby can eat with us. He even searched until he found a special pancake mix so Itchy Baby is not left out of our special Saturday mornings-that in particular makes me tear up.)

    • He is under a bunch of stress with his job. (One word-Automotive...) and in January, we had a silly argument on the way home from church. The kids were listening and watching...That afternoon, he brought home pink roses and apologized in front of the kids to me.

      (My flowers! A few days later after wilting some!)

    • NOW FOR THE ROAD TRIP ANSWER (...and why I am luckier than I even thought...): We've been celebrating Valentine's Day for a week. His idea-but now I know why... (I make it a point to go along with good ideas that involve gifts!) Tin Man has arranged for me to go this weekend to visit my very dearest friend in the world who is 10 hours away!!!! He gave up our Valentine's Day so I can go be with my friend who I miss so much-and his night will be spent babysitting some of our friend's kids while they go out. {*If you forgot who my friend is, read this post: (http://lionstigersandboysohmy.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-miss-my-friend.html)} So to answer yesterday's question...I am in VIRGINIA! Right Now! With My Dearest Girlfriend!!! (And I took my prayer journal-so even when I am falling asleep far from home, your requests are with me and I am praying with you...)

    Well, that was just the short list. I should add one though:

  • He also doesn't make fun of me when I am doing Wii Dance, Dance, Revolution. He so could too. I dance like Elaine on Seinfeld... (I am serious~you have NO idea!)
  • Now, it is your turn. What makes you lucky to have the one you are with?



    post signature

    (...Happy Valentine's Day from one bad ~and I don't mean that in a good way~ dancer!)

    17 comments:

    Mrs. S. said...

    What a thoughtful husband! I hope that you have a wonderful Valentine's Day, which it sounds like you are going to have one.
    What makes me lucky? The fact that one man has loved me for 10 years, since the days of high school. Yes, it's true. *le sigh*

    April said...

    OK...your hubby is making all the other hubbies look REALLY bad! I am totally speechless, which doesn't happen very often. I can't get over everything he's done for you...how very thoughtful!!! I love it that he plays and sings "Lucky" for you! Doesn't that make you swoon everytime? Then, to be the bathroom cleaner...does it get any better?

    I think it's wonderful that he planned for you to go see your girlfriend! I hope you have the best time ever!

    There are many reasons why I feel lucky to be with Chris...he is my heart and soul and he loves me like none other. He's always there for me and loves and repects me to a fault...we'll celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in October! He can't carry a tune out of a wet paper bag, so I don't think whole singing idea would work. LOL!

    Happy Valentine's Day...enjoy your weekend!♥ Love ya!

    Julie said...

    that is so sweet, I wish I was in VA right now visiting my friends too! Jealous...

    my husband is so great, that he is letting me go back at the end of the month to VA to visit my niece whom I have never met, for a weekend... it is going to be 3 days, but it will be a great time I am sure.

    Shell in your Pocket said...

    Have fun. :)!
    -sandy toe

    trish said...

    What a special treat! :o)
    I have many special reasons to be thankful for my husband. :o) We have walked through life together for 17 years (this Sunday) and I am so thankful that he is the one I will grow old with! :o)
    Here is something that may sound silly, but is a giant blessing to me. He makes the best coffee and always brings my cup to me in bed.
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
    Ps. Have a fun weekend!!!

    Leah said...

    Lucky girl you are!

    My DH is such a hard worker and is working his tail off so I can stay home with the little one. That is only one thing that makes him special to me.

    Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

    Okay, you inspired me...I have already posted this AM about the love of God, but now I will post about the love of my life. Have a Happy Valentine's Day with all of your boys

    Sandra said...

    Oh my!!! what a man!

    Have a fantastic time!!! I hope the weather isn't too cold...

    be safe, and party like a nice Rock star!

    Girly Stuff said...

    I knew it!!

    You guys are a great example to your 3 boys...their wives will reap the rewards of your example for many years!

    My husband is so kind to me and the kids...I know we have to drive him nuts but he's never complained. He's not one to volunteer to clean but he is our chef and he will grocery shop...and he bathes the boys and puts them to bed...and gets them ready in the morning. He is our electronics guy....we are always abreast of the latest and greatest!

    HeatherPride said...

    Your post made me happy! Have a great time in Virginia!

    Kristin said...

    Tin man ROCKS! What a thoughtful gift. Have fun. Still praying for you too!

    CynthiaK said...

    Wow, have a most wonderful Valentine's weekend with your sweetheart!!

    And, thanks for popping by Crumbs, too!

    TheChicGeek said...

    Awww, I love your song and you truly are lucky :) What a nice husband and happy week.
    Have a Happy Valentine's Day today!

    Mrs.Busy Bee said...

    Love the post, I just had a awh, with a great big sigh! You know scarecrow personally so you know he is a corinthiams 13 man...patient, kind, .....
    My shoulder to cry on in the difficult moments of life, one who makes me laugh daily, lets me sleep in on Sat am while he gets up with the twins, love of my life since spotted in 8th grade!!

    Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

    What a thoughtful husband!!!

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    southerninspiration said...

    What a guy!!! cool idea!!!!

    Suzanne

    Anonymous said...

    Next Valentines, hint he could send you over here... He'll get a two-for-one-deal with Kylie and I!!! That would be SO fun!!!;)