*100th Post Give-Away going on until midnight Saturday! Read the post below this one to enter*
Well... I'm back. Don't get me wrong, I am so glad to be home. I just wish my friend was here with me so we could grab a coffee together and chat about nothing just like we did in Virginia.We were packed up and ready to head out on that last morning in Virginia. We dropped her boys off at school, and decided to stop one last time at the coffee shop. Her friends at the shop must have thought we were a bit kooky because when they asked ,"How long are you here for?" We both started to cry! In the coffee shop! In the middle of town! I really am glad to be home, but like I said, I just wish I could have brought her back with me...Ugh!
(My) Five Reasons to Visit Woodstock, Virginia


5. Three French Hens~Can you see the smile on my face? That is because I am back at this shop! I am in LOVE with the Three French Hens Shop. They have antiques mixed in with girly things and funky pieces-just so unique. With my three boys and my friend's two boys, we didn't do much shopping. However, I did insist on going here. This is my favorite place in Woodstock. You don't see the boys in the picture here, do you? That would be because we popped in a video in the car so we could look without instituting the "If you break it, you buy it" issue that would come up if they were with us... Yes, we took turns in the car all those that have that "worried about kids alone in a car" look on your face. Wipe it off now-they were fine! If I am buying it, I want to choose it-not my boys. Call me quirky...
4. The roller rink/ bumper car/ video games/laser tag/ rock wall/ ball pit/ maze place. I don't know the name of it, but this is the place to visit if you are in Woodstock and you have children. I promise you will have a few hours of uninterrupted time to talk with your friend. The boys are in Little Boy Heaven here. Maybe that is the name of it-Little Boy Heaven...


5. Three French Hens~Can you see the smile on my face? That is because I am back at this shop! I am in LOVE with the Three French Hens Shop. They have antiques mixed in with girly things and funky pieces-just so unique. With my three boys and my friend's two boys, we didn't do much shopping. However, I did insist on going here. This is my favorite place in Woodstock. You don't see the boys in the picture here, do you? That would be because we popped in a video in the car so we could look without instituting the "If you break it, you buy it" issue that would come up if they were with us... Yes, we took turns in the car all those that have that "worried about kids alone in a car" look on your face. Wipe it off now-they were fine! If I am buying it, I want to choose it-not my boys. Call me quirky...
4. The roller rink/ bumper car/ video games/laser tag/ rock wall/ ball pit/ maze place. I don't know the name of it, but this is the place to visit if you are in Woodstock and you have children. I promise you will have a few hours of uninterrupted time to talk with your friend. The boys are in Little Boy Heaven here. Maybe that is the name of it-Little Boy Heaven...
3. Watching my boys play with their best friends. When we were is Disney, I said to my oldest son, "Is this the best vacation, or what?" He replied, "I am having fun, but my favorite place is with my friend." Just watching them interact is priceless! They all had missed each other so much. I guess this one is bittersweet-It also makes us realize how much they miss each other, too... They move in a small pack from one activity to another-cars, basketball, scooters, Legos, X-Box~and then around the circuit again.
2. Celebrating all the boys birthdays. Since we only see each other a few times each year (if we are lucky), we decided to celebrate with one big birthday party...with cupcakes and gifts. (I was the lame-0 who bought matching shirts for all five boys as birthday presents...I was a hit with my friend, at least!)
You all know about my (lacking) cooking abilities. I surround myself with good cooks-and my dear friend never disappoints! Check out her cupcakes:
Her new home has an amazing kitchen. I would like to believe if that kitchen was mine, I also would be a good cook... (Hey! I can always dream!)
1. Of course my number one favorite thing about this road trip was all the time with my friend. Having coffee, talking, reading magazines together and talking fashion and make-up, watching movies, and even doing the dishes, and laundry together! It is just BEING together. We always say that this is what we miss the most-the "BEING."
Itchy Baby was just glad to go along this time-usually, he has stayed home with Tin Man. He had so much fun being included with the big boys this time. I am pretty sure it wasn't a sugar high:

He was the only one with a happy face on the way home. The rest of us needed some time to cry, so we figured Itchy Baby could drive:
There was ONE good thing waiting for us at home:
(Thank You for the best Valentine's Day gift ever, Tinny. Oh. And please ignore the bill from American Express. I swear, I don't know WHO would charge that much at a store called the THREE FRENCH HENS. Never heard of it...)



26 comments:
Welcome home, my friend...you've been missed! Wow...what a time you had with your good buddy! I still stand in amazement that your hubby arranged the trip for you! You better treat him like a king all weekend long! lol! I'm sure you do, anyway!
I'm so glad the trip was a success...Three French Hens sounds like MY kind of place! Come on now, what did you buy??? We ALL want to know!
so glad you made it home safe & sound... and so very happy that you have had time with your best friend!! i was able to take a trip in december to visit my very best friend, and reading your post just brought it all back. precious, precious time. and that thing about "being"... yeah... i get it.
It's good to hear you had such a great time!
LOL...I have the same problem...I don't know who charged that from this or that store...never heard of them either...wink!
Looks like you had just a wonderful time...it's hard to say goodbye!
-sandy toe
Welcome Home!
What a wonderful time you had with your friend and the images of your boys all playing together ... priceless! :o)
Three French Hens huh?! Do they have a website? (jk)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Welcome home!
Looks like you all had a wonderful time.
almost all my girlfriends live in VA too... I miss them and get so excited when we go home and I can see them! Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Oh! It looks like you have a WONDERFUL time!
Looks like a great place to visit!
I wish my family lived closer to us. we are spread out all over the US.
I love road trips and often cry when they are over!!
Welcome back!
Awww, so fun to be visiting with your friends. It makes me want to see our friends so much that we had to move away from! So glad you had a good time :)
I'm glad you guys had a great time!
It is hard to leave...but good to get home...bittersweet.
Now make some tamale pie and shovel some snow!!!
You are a scream! That last bit you wrote was me, last weekend, coming home from Melbourne. "Credit card? What credit card?!!! ;)" I'm so glad you and your Bestie had a wonderful time together, and the boys too. There sure ain't nothing like a good friend! As I read your post you made me tear up, as I miss mine, who is a 2 day drive away, and that's without stopping... boohoohoo... Such a beautiful photo of you in that darling shop... I'm wishing I was in the Three French Hens too, with my credit card!!!... Sh!
Have you heard? Today is Day 1 of the Where in the World is Wenda? Contest. Head over to Three Bay B Chicks and Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha to join in the fun. Can’t wait to see you there!
-Wenda
Looks like fun, that kitchen is to die for!
Are French hens the ones that look like they have pants on? I want one.
I know you miss you friend. Her smile radiates through the room even on a cloudy day. And that kitchen of hers is gorgeous. I now know what you mean. See you tonight!!!
Great post!
Stopping by from SITS!
Saw your post on Girly stuff. If you email me, I can help you with your oak cabinets! Blessings, The Magic Brush
What a great friend you have. That sounds like a fun time together. Her kitchen is very pretty for sure.
I am glad you left a comment. You are fun and so alive. I think you must have found me through Sandy Toes. I do know her.
Take care and thinking about you all in your auto state :)
I laughed (american express $$$) and cried (coffee shop tears) at this post, it was soo good to see the smile and beautiful face of our dear friend!!!
Hey there! Glad you came by and left a comment so I could come visit! Love it!
Smiles!
Now I want to go on a road trip! It looks like you guys had an amazing time. What wonderful memories you made!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
I really enjoyed hearing all about your amazing trip to Woodstock. I would have enjoyed The Hen Shop too it looked full of unusual things. The pictures of your kids at the play area having fun are wonderful. Aren't those places the best? I would sit for hours chatting to friends while our kids played in those places. It's great you have your special friend and your boys love her sons too. Your friend has a beautiful kitchen. I am sure if I had a kitchen like that I would be able to bake cupcakes just like those!
I loved the picture of you and your friend together. You are both gorgeous and I'm sure it will be a picture you will treasure for a long time.
Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.
Lindsay
Thank you! I can't wait to see what the announcement is! :)
Wish I could go to The Three French Hens!!!
What fun!! That makes me miss my friend Lissa a ton! I need to make that five hour drive and see her! I am glad you had a blast. :)
Looks like a fun road trip! Those are the best memories to be made!
Post a Comment