
Here in Michigan, we are still seeing way to much of this:
So, I've have plenty of time to think about my decorating.
So, I've have plenty of time to think about my decorating.You have seen our family room before:
Before I even knew who the Nester was, (I think) it fit her criteria for a good decorating plan. (If you don't know who the Nester is, check out the side of my blog and click on her button. She has amazing style, and she gives great decorating tips.) Since you can't reach me, I'll just pat myself on the back~
Grouped seating away from the walls (check).
Plenty of seating to encourage conversation (check).
Open the blinds (check).
Use lamps not overhead lighting (check).
Remove clutter (check).
Music (check).
But the (NEVER ENDING!!!) winter weather (has made us STIR CRAZY!) has brought some decorating changes to our family room... and I don't think Nester would approve of them~
This is the couch shoved up against the window sill. Yes. Touching the window sill...All the furniture is spread out and NOT conducive for conversation anymore. The blinds are drawn so the neighbors CAN NOT see what we are doing, AND we also added some clutter to the floor...Welcome to what we now refer to as , "DA CLUB":



However there is music playing. But it's not classical or relaxing or in the background ...And it is Very LOUD...
It all started New Year's Eve at our annual party. We thought it would be fun to try out our Wii Dance, Dance, Revolution with our friends. We were having so much fun, we almost missed the ball dropping! My sister and her husband ended up spending the weekend with us (!) because we were having so much fun! Every weekend since then (and during the week if we get the boys to bed early!), this is what we've been doing:





I wonder what the Nester thinks of Disco Balls...

(Don't be too jealous~I still stink at dancing...)
Grouped seating away from the walls (check).
Plenty of seating to encourage conversation (check).
Open the blinds (check).
Use lamps not overhead lighting (check).
Remove clutter (check).
Music (check).
But the (NEVER ENDING!!!) winter weather (has made us STIR CRAZY!) has brought some decorating changes to our family room... and I don't think Nester would approve of them~
However there is music playing. But it's not classical or relaxing or in the background ...And it is Very LOUD...
It all started New Year's Eve at our annual party. We thought it would be fun to try out our Wii Dance, Dance, Revolution with our friends. We were having so much fun, we almost missed the ball dropping! My sister and her husband ended up spending the weekend with us (!) because we were having so much fun! Every weekend since then (and during the week if we get the boys to bed early!), this is what we've been doing:
This sure has changed the decorating around here:
BUT~Winter doesn't seem so bad these days. Even though the economy stinks, and it is super cold and snowy~ we have been hanging home with neighbors, friends, family and all the kids having a blast.
I wonder what the Nester thinks of Disco Balls...

(Don't be too jealous~I still stink at dancing...)



27 comments:
that looks like so much fun... who cares about decorating when you have the Wii and it is winter and you are stuck inside with BOYS... who have too much energy
i love the new pretty changes to your layout :) and as for the family room, i can relate!! i think the wii is probably responsible for new design around the world!! about a day and a half after we got ours, my hubby said "i think we need to get rid of the coffee table!' which was certainly better than what was going on over at a friends... her hubby thouth they needed to lose the couch!! i say... go for the disco ball!! looks like you are having a blast!
I love the Wii, but have yet to try out Dance, Dance Revolution. I'm always up for a chance to show off my mad dance skills, so I might have to look into it! LOL! Oh, and the disco ball would be just the right touch, in my book!
Just to let you know, our sofa sits up against the wall, too. For some reason, it looks a bit off whenever I move it away from the wall...not as organized looking. Maybe it's just me!
So glad you've found the perfect way to chase away those wintertime blues...keep on groovin'!♥
I LOVE DDR! I don't have it for our Wii yet, but I definitely feel as though that could be a suitable way to spend my birthday money. Who doesn't need a little fun in their life?!
Oh my goodness..too cute! I love the picture of your sister, brother in law and you holding kids while playing...so fun!
-sandy toe
It looks like fun. I love your decorating, wii or otherwise. The picture of you all holding the kids is cute.
Sometimes ya just gotta do what'cha gotta do. Still looks great (and fun).
We have a Wii activity floor as well (I figured the kids won't be here forever so I'll let them enjoy their home while they are).
What did people do before the Wii? I shutter at the thought. Love to new look.
Looks like you all are having a great time and that is the only thing that matters!
Go for the disco ball (technically it is not overhead lighting). LOL
Hmmm, so maybe this is what I need to get over the winter blahs!!
It's your home... you do what you want!!!
Lovely, and looks like a total blast!!!
You crack me up!
Your Wii is to you what Rock Band is to us!! Too much fun!!
I'm glad to see dancing boy dancing.
Have fun!
That looks like so much fun! I keep seeing the Wii at everyone's house. I have to say, of all the video games out there, this one looks fun to me! :)
I LOVE it!
We got the poor man's version of DDR years ago and now I'm DYING to get it for the wii! So glad it's worth the $$. Can I come over and play?
Oh and good idea shutting the blinds up tight!
I love your living room, even if it no longer fits the quailfications of a perfect room from the Nester...I would trade you in a minute!
I have been wanting to get Dance Dance Revolution...glad to hear that it is so much fun. I got the American Idol game for Christmas and it is a blast!
Looks like fun. I'm cracking up at the one with the babies in stow - ha! So excited that you are joining my pay it forward fun. I'm still nervous about what to make - ha! I'll be in touch soon! Excited!
BTW - LOVE the living room both ways!
So cute and looks like so much fun. You have a lovely home, beautiful family and wonderful view of life :)
Keep on Dancing :)
Too funny! Good excercise I hear too. Hey fun should always reside first before perfectly decorating..you can always move it back. cherry
So...you said at least my dog doesn't eat from the cat box....welp, I hate to break your heart, but he does. Yep, he sneaks snacks from the kitty box. So he doesn't let me sleep and he eats kitty poop. Neat, huh? People say it is for the protein. Nasty.
Who cares what Nester thinks, it looks like your home is one full of fun and family and friends. Party on Girl!!!
I think your home looks fabulous, even with the "extra" decor. :)
I enjoyed hearing about how you are all enjoying your Wii. What a great way to spend cold winter days. You look to be having the most wonderful time. Can I join Da Club?
Lindsay
You have a great home and it sure looks like you have great times in it! So fun!!!
Happy day wishes~ Les
We too, need an open floor for dance mats and Wii action! There's no other way here!
Looks like fun! Everyone need dance mats in their room, don't ya think? And, a disco ball!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
I love it!...lol I got the wii fit for Christmas and it has kind of change my family room too!...lol Oh well, would rather live.
Post a Comment